PDA

View Full Version : Status Check!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
OK, it is now post time!

It is a very warm, unseasonably warm night in the Triangle tonight. In fact, tomorrow afternoon it will be 70F (that's 7 and 7/9ths 9F's!) tomorrow afternoon while I'm on the golf course. Obviously, the gates of Hell are opening up to engulf the most evil empire located 8 miles from Durham. We, admittedly, had a rough week, but have redeemed ourselves to right the Universe, and on Wednesday night all will be perfect in the world when
carolina GOES TO HELL!

Greetings from the Brunchgate Group, having wonderful brews and martini's at Devildeac's house.
Love,
Ozzie, Devildeac, CB&B, CL15876, DukeDiv2013, and the shin-kickerzzzz, CathyCA, DukePA, TillyGalore, Sue71 and Mrs. Ozzie and Mrs. DD.

dukemath
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
It is raining in Southern California, but it should be sunny by Wednesday. GTHC!

(I was just reading the boards and wondering why this thread hadn't started yet. Then it suddenly appeared. Thanks Ozzie.)

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2009, 08:57 PM
On the way home driving west after today's game, I noticed a light whiff of burning and sulfur in the air. Will there be red flag warnings posted this week?

OZZIE4DUKE
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
All of the above applies, but a picture has been edited into the original post :D
Don't miss it! :D:D

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2009, 09:18 PM
All of the above applies, but a picture has been edited into the original post :D
Don't miss it! :D:D

What.... no flame or sulfur cloud?

CameronBlue
02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Ahh, jeez, I clicked on this thread thinking it concerned a tax refund for the middle class.

Go to Hell, Carolina. I spent three years on my Master's research in a basement lab of Rosenau that was CON--frickin-DEMNED while the Athletic Dept spent a bajillion dollars on a renovation to Kenan. Hope you found those 120 vials of radioactive tracer I left behind you soon to be mutant bastards.

Go DUKE!

ArkieDukie
02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
8:55 p.m. on Saturday evening. Enjoyed an unseasonably warm day in St. Louis by going to the zoo. Earlier this week the temp here was 9F, but it's warmed up in preparation for Carolina going to hell!

dukestheheat
02-07-2009, 10:04 PM
We will send them to hell Wednesday night and Roy will lead the charge. He's in fact the screaming driver of the bus on Carolina's 'Highway to Hell' (hear AC/DC's song in the background).

dth.

devildeac
02-07-2009, 10:15 PM
OK, it is now post time!

It is a very warm, unseasonably warm night in the Triangle tonight. In fact, tomorrow afternoon it will be 70F (that's 7 and 7/9ths 9F's!) tomorrow afternoon while I'm on the golf course. Obviously, the gates of Hell are opening up to engulf the most evil empire located 8 miles from Durham. We, admittedly, had a rough week, but have redeemed ourselves to right the Universe, and on Wednesday night all will be perfect in the world when
carolina GOES TO HELL!

Greetings from the Brunchgate Group, having wonderful brews and martini's at Devildeac's house.
Love,
Ozzie, Devildeac, CB&B, CL15876, DukeDiv2013, and the shin-kickerzzzz, CathyCA, DukePA, TillyGalore, Sue71 and Mrs. Ozzie and Mrs. DD.

seven out of seven DBR posters and devildeac guests agree: carolina can go to hell!

CathyCA
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
9F 9F 9F!

Thanks to the Devildeacs for hosting a lovely dessert party tonight for some of the DBR gang.

godukecom
02-07-2009, 11:02 PM
2300 hrs here in chapel hell. This mornign, i went running and it was 32 degrees. Now, it is 57 and rising. Tomorrow, it will be up to 70.

I cannot wait for this game. I hate carolina. That is all.

The gates of hell have opened and carolina will descend through them. The heat will only be temporary; carolina's demise into hell will be permanent.

OldPhiKap
02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Beautiful day in East Georgia.

I see lots of rams looking pretty confident.

Afraid it's gonna rain on their parade.

GTH,C.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Beautiful day in East Georgia.

I see lots of rams looking pretty confident.

Afraid it's gonna rain on their parade.

GTH,C.

What you've said is so poetic ..... full of insight that the smack talk lacks! You must have gone to a really good university.

devildeac
02-07-2009, 11:25 PM
OK, it is now post time!

carolina GOES TO HELL!

Love,

And a shout out to DukeDiv2013's parent who are lurking on the DBR. Can they add to the status check thread. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

CameronBornAndBred
02-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Just got back in town from the trip to Durham, whiffs of sulfur on the wind as we rolled across eastern NC. Chiming in with my GTHC!!!!!

DukieInKansas
02-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Temperatures reached the 70's today - setting a new record high. The temps begin falling tomorrow. The warmth is being drawn to the east - it must have something to do with the opening of the gates preparing for the tarheels trip to the flames below.

9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F

GTH, C, GTH

calltheobvious
02-08-2009, 01:56 AM
The snow and ice are finally melting here in Western PA. The timing can be no coincidence.

Carolina shall not pass go, nor collect $200, but instead proceed with haste directly to hell.

ricks68
02-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Very balmy here in Houston town just waiting for Carolina to Go to Hell!

It's as simple as that.:p

ricks

Grey Devil
02-08-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm in New Zealand for joint business and pleasure trip. Unfortunately, the work part occurs right when the game is scheduled.

However I have noticed that it's been unreasonably hot here the last day or so, especially for a country so close to the Antarctic. And it's hard not to notice how many sheep are here. There must be a connection....then I saw it, a guy with a Carolina shirt in downtown Christchurch. The pale blue shirt with the Ram's Head on it. Christchurch. Chepel Hill. Heat. Ram's head. Sheep everywhere....I was getting delerious. I felt weak. All the sheep had Carolina uniforms on. They were being driven into a barn for their annual shearing. The barn looked like Cameron. It was Cameraon! They came out, bald as can be, baa'ing like little lambs. They had been beaten bad by the Blue Devils.

Was it a vision? Was it reality? Who knows? But I do know this, Carolina is going to hell on Wednesday! (Even if it's Thursday here...)

Grey Devil

captmojo
02-08-2009, 07:01 AM
What ram? That damn thing is a goat and an ugly goat to boot. (as far as goats are concerned) :eek:

This week's forecast calls for warming temps to be sustaining and sulfuric stinks from the western side of exit 170 as the goat/holes line up to fall deeply into the abyss of the abyss that is hell and all it's fires.

Not poetry but it makes me smile. :)

DukeWarhead
02-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Here in Korea the warm winds have returned and even the natives know that the baby blues are about to get charred.... they have begun to burn Roy Williams dolls in effigy, drink soju and chant "pek yoo chul, Carolina, pek yoo chul!" (translation from Hangul: "Got to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!" - OK, its really not, but....)

Being fourteen hours ahead means Wednesday will come all the more quickly...

roywhite
02-08-2009, 07:47 AM
It's a quiet, pretty Sunday morning in the Piedmont Triad area. A glance at the sports headlines reveals a familiar situation; those old foes Duke and UNC-CH are at the top of the ACC, and the Heels are coming to Durham for an attitude adjustment.

Life as it oughta be.

pamtar
02-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Its a wonderful late winter day here in Greenville. I'm on my way to Fuquay to do some winching.

As I stepped outside this morning the welcome humidity gave a hint of spring to my otherwise runny nose. But there was something else - a meaty, poorly seasoned scent drifting through the trees from the west. It reminded me of stale wine and cheese.

I took a deep breath to realize: must be lamb cooking!

NEIN EF!!

Gooch
02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
It is 12:30 ET on a beautiful sunny day in Connecticut. As I leave to visit my little brother, I think to myself, how did I let him remain a Carolina fan all these years? Do I being my mission to conversion now? Or do I wait until the smoke rises from Chapel Hill as the Tarheels make their descent into hell on Wednesday?

Or do I just forget it as he's probably a lost cause?

GTHC!!!

DukePA
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
The Devil's oven is heating up for more delicious baked goods!

Jumbo
02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
It's 5:15 on a shockingly warm February day in the Greatest City in the World. A warm breeze has been flowing in from the South all day. The local weather people won't say much, only that it has something to do with "returning nature back to its normal order." Hmmmm ....
GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

Hancock 4 Duke
02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Yesterday it was freezing in SC, and today it was like 75 degrees! It was warming up. You all know what that means! GTHC, GTH!

TillyGalore
02-09-2009, 08:52 AM
As I don't live far from Chapel Hell, and in fact was in Chapel Hell last night, I can tell you it is freekin' hot and the sulfur fumes are growing all in preparation for

carolina to go to Hell!!!!!!!!!!

Dukerati
02-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I must give credit where credit is due and thank the heels for re-opening up the hell hole and dethawing the north east a little bit. Of course, it'll only be for three more days... Go to hell Carolina go to hell!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-09-2009, 10:44 AM
The atmosphere seems to be getting warmer and warmer. Dukies everywhere are gearing up for the game. Word is out that our chemistry department in a cooperative effort with our engineering school have perfected a process to redirect burning garbage and sulfur fumes so that Hades can be moved to a nearby university location to be disclosed Wednesday.

blazindw
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Here in DC, it's supposed to be in the 50s today. On Wednesday, I will be in Columbus, where it is supposed to be an unseasonably warm 61 degrees and rain. The heat is definitely coming from the Chapel Hell area.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!

Cavlaw
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Snow is turning to rain in Chicago, as the air gets warmer from heat escaping the cracked maw of Hell in advance of a total erruption at the west end of the Triangle on Wednesday night.

sue71, esq
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
It's currently raining in Southern California, and since it doesn't rain in SoCal, the gates of Hell must be opening in preparation for some guests on Wednesday night...

GTHC! 9F9F9F!

kmspeaks
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Here in central WV I left town Friday night with snow on the ground and returned early this morning to find mud, an unheard of (lately anyway) high of 57 degrees, and a smoky, cloudy sky.

The flames must be getting pretty high to see them all the from here. Hope everyone in the triangle can see ok.

GTHC . . . GTH!!!

alteran
02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
It's 8:06 in the City of Medicine. It's gray, wet, muddy, and miserable, just like the soul of a Tar Heel fan.

8 miles away, Roy and crew are tucked in their beds still asleep, after a long day of counting their chickens.

Hell awaits.

pamtar
02-10-2009, 09:23 AM
It's currently raining in Southern California, and since it doesn't rain in SoCal, the gates of Hell must be opening in preparation for some guests on Wednesday night...

GTHC! 9F9F9F!

I beg to differ! I was in San Diego the last time it rained...three years ago. ;)

It actually rained for three days straight. We had a wakeboard tournament in Mission Bay. The air and the water were around 50 degrees.

Oh yeah, 9F9F9F

sagegrouse
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
It is 19 degrees in Steamboat Springs, and fresh snow is everywhere, awaiting the hordes of Easterners coming to ski on President's Birthday weekend.

Surely there will be a few Carolina fans whimpering their way down the bunny slopes.

Carolina can go to hell!

sagegrouse

blublood
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
After a week of freezing temperatures, unseasonably warm and sunny here in the Magic City. The weather man says "warm, moist air from the Gulf" or some such nonsense, but I know it is because the etheric plane has cracked, the chasm breached, hell is opening ready to receive Carolina players in its fiery maw.

Go to hell Carolina!!

Reddevil
02-10-2009, 11:44 AM
My mutton thawed overnight. 9F 9F 9F

davidsondukefan92
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Its unusally warm up in Mercersburg, PA. Its getting warmer as the warm breeze comes from the south and we get ready to send Carolina BACK TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!

Lavabe
02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
... in Lexington, KY, the weather is warm, but getting hotter. Can FEEL the heat coming over the App's.

Send http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/scientists/images/173/muppets.jpg and the Holes to hell!!

LGD!:)

sue71, esq
02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
... in Lexington, KY, the weather is warm, but getting hotter. Can FEEL the heat coming over the App's.

Send http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/scientists/images/173/muppets.jpg and the Holes to hell!!

I'm quoting you just because that's a great picture... someone needs to caption it now!

DownEastDevil
02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w248/camcrazy/DES666.jpg

The devil has now taken over Deano's soul. All of you goats prepare to follow him straight to Hell.

Jumbo
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
It's 7:42 on the night before the game and Carolina can still go to Hell!

WojoSay?
02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
¡llǝɥ oʇ oƃ ¡ɐuıloɹɐɔ 'llǝɥ oʇ oƃ

weezie
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
In 23 hours and fifty three minutes, the holes will be in HELL!

EarlJam
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
9:30, Atlanta, wine, unc can burn in the hottest, darkest, depths of HELL.

-EJ

ArkieDukie
02-10-2009, 09:54 PM

St. Louis is heating up as well. I've heard lots of crazy talk about the jet stream, but we all know the real source of the unseasonably warm weather: the gates of Hades are opening up in preparation for tomorrow night!

9F 9F 9F 9F 9F

godukecom
02-11-2009, 12:38 AM
good lovely morning ladies and gentlemen! The big day is here!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-11-2009, 02:25 AM
I drove to Charlotte and back yesterday (and this morning). I can report that the temps are unseasonably high, there is a distinct foul sulfur odor in the air and haze the entire route, especially on I-40 just west of the 15-501 exit. Without a doubt this is caused by the iron gates of Hell opening to engulf the cretins from chapel hell later tonight! And I told David Glenn on 850thebuzz just that early yesterday afternoon about 3:35. I hope y'all were listening! :cool: I also asked him if he knew why the sky was carolina blue? When he said he didn't, I informed him it is so the rest of us don't have to step in it! :cool::cool::cool:

ohioguy2
02-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Its pouring down rain here in NW Ohio--Go to Hell Carolina, go to Hell.:p

devildeac
02-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Potential record high temps forecast here in the Triangle today. Must be the fires of hell burning the tarheelians beyond recognition and recovery. They can now, and forever, go to hell.

dukerev
02-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Central Arkansas nears the gates of hell with 30+ MPH wind blowing a warm, sultry, putrid, steamy, smelly funk out of the southwest and unseasonably warm temperatures remind us of the worst days of summer...or in other words, hell. All good thinking people in central Arkansas (particularly ArkieDukie and me) say 9F!

davekay1971
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
10:00 am in Charlotte, NC. The sky is overcast, the air heavy with anticipation. The rampant infestation of Tarhole fans in this fair city are boasting proudly, but you can sense their nervousness, as the fires of Hell threaten to roar down the lanes of 85 and burn them in the same inferno with their beloved powder-blue icons, leaving the streets of Charlotte tomorrow echoing with the blessed sounds of silence.

RepoMan
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
10:10 in Raleigh. Heel fans are giddy. But, the temperature is rising, and we'll soon see them in Hell.

PS: Got my "game face" on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Onfzet1xxs&feature=related [go to 2:43]

BlueDevilJay
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
10:10 am here in Winston Salem, and apparently the gates have opened so wide already, that they have even sucked in the Wake vs NCSU game tonight, as it will not be televised so therefore, it didn't happen :) GTHC, GTH!!!! 9F!

roywhite
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
10:10 am here in Winston Salem, and apparently the gates have opened so wide already, that they have even sucked in the Wake vs NCSU game tonight, as it will not be televised so therefore, it didn't happen :) GTHC, GTH!!!! 9F!

I saw that the Wake/NCSU game is not being televised; the local Wake fans aren't too happy. Pretty weak by the conference/TV folks not to show a game between two of the old Big Four.

It kinda rubs it in the face of Deac and Wolfpack fans...they are way below Duke and UNC in the pecking order.

dukediv2013
02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
It is a moderate 68 degrees in Buies Creek, NC. But for whatever reason... the temperature continues to rise... 9F!

InaudibleWords
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/scientists/images/173/muppets.jpg!

Baltimore is literally the warmest it has been in MONTHS... it's GAMEDAY!!!

Caption: I'll get you, Beaker... and your walking fouls too!! Muahahaha

:p

jjasper0729
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
bring on the warming... lucky for me, no sisters are getting married tonight...

Lavabe
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
What's the temperature in CIS?;)

Would love to see decibel readings too!!:D

davekay1971
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM

It's a travesty the Wake-NCSU game isn't being televised, esp with it tipping off at 7 pm. What better preamble for the Duke-Naked Sheep game than the other two members of the Big Four carrying the old Raleigh rivalry?

marmaduke
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
North Carolina is currently under high wind and fire weather watches. Could it be that even Mother Nature is conspiring to bring the winds of change for the Tarheels' latest string of victories in Cameron? You be the judge!

pacificrounder
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
It's 10:07am in Stockton, California. It's an unseasonably cold 47 on this sunny morning because all the heat is being sucked straight toward c-hell. In 5 hours 53 minutes, the holes will begin their two hour journey straight down to HELL!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
It's a travesty the Wake-NCSU game isn't being televised, esp with it tipping off at 7 pm. What better preamble for the Duke-Naked Sheep game than the other two members of the Big Four carrying the old Raleigh rivalry?
I think not carrying the Wake State game on a channel like FSN or ESPN(2 or U) would be appropriate. Here in ACC territory, the game is on Raycom, our regular over the air ACC channels (WRAL in the Triangle). But the rest of the country gets it on ESPN at 9:00, or whatever time the 7:00 game happens to finish, even if it goes to overtime, like a couple of weeks ago when the State game caused many to miss the entire first half of our game (Georgetown?) when it was on WRAL at 2:00. If the Wake-State game were on Raycom before ours, there would probably be riots if that game wasn't over by 9:06. :D

That said, boy it sure is hot outside today! :D:D

socaldukie
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Just past Noon in sunny SoCal. Beautiful snow capped mtns to the north. trying to reach 50 on an unseasonably cold day ;). And oh by the way

GTHC GTHC 9F

DukeCO2009
02-11-2009, 03:21 PM
It's unseasonably balmy in Durham today, no doubt because eight miles down the road Huckleberry Hound has opened wide the gates of hell and sent his evil minions Cameron's way for ritual sacrifice.

GTHC!

robert
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Its warmed up to a nice 77 degrees down here in Melbourne, FL. Not as warm as its going to get for "those that shall not be named".

GTHC

shotrocksplitter
02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
West campus, 4:30. It's hot, and the skies are preparing for a STORM!

Even Mother Nature understands that something mighty is happeing tonight.

On a sidenote: Coach did his traditional team meeting last night with the Crazies. He was more intense than I've seen him before (which has been 7 times) and has implored the fans to rain HELL on Carolina tonight.

Son of Jarhead
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Heading out the door for Cameron wearing short sleeves 'cause its' HOT. The doors of HELL have been held open so we can throw those damn tarhells right on down.

Go To HELL, Carolina! Go To HELL! (clap-clap... repeat)

ArkieDukie
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Central Arkansas nears the gates of hell with 30+ MPH wind blowing a warm, sultry, putrid, steamy, smelly funk out of the southwest and unseasonably warm temperatures remind us of the worst days of summer...or in other words, hell. All good thinking people in central Arkansas (particularly ArkieDukie and me) say 9F!

Even though I'm in St. Louis now, I echo your loud, resounding 9F!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
It was hot. It was loud.

carolina can still Go To Hell! We'll get them next time.

pamtar
02-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say
But I know for sure

I don't live today

No sun comin' through my window
Feel like I'm livin' at the bottom of a grave
No-ho sun comin' through my window
Feel like I'm livin' at the bottom of a grave