PDA

View Full Version : Dahntay Jones

heyman25
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
May be his career high scoring game . Against Antwan Jamison and his weak Wizards.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290206027
:p

Brian913
02-06-2009, 11:27 PM
May be his career high scoring game . Against Antwan Jamison and his weak Wizards.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290206027
:p

He has had several 20+ point games. Career high is 24. Actually it was against Denver.

FireOgilvie
02-06-2009, 11:28 PM
He has had several 20+ point games. Career high is 24. Actually it was against Denver.

ESPN has him going for 26 against Utah on March 24, 2007.

dukemomLA
02-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Go D.Jones!! I really wish him success in the NBA. Athletic, a nice guy, one of the few transfers to Duke, and... it would be great for him and Duke. Alas, Elton is injured again. (don't respond to that...different thread, I think)

bjornolf
02-07-2009, 07:07 AM
He was also on the sportscenter highlights of the game this morning. He caught an alley-oop and dunked it home on what looked like a secondary break. SWEET!

doctorhook
02-07-2009, 07:36 AM
D. Jones success is made even sweeter by the fact that so many hole fans hated him and were sure he was Europe bound. By the way, his coach always says good things about his defense/team play. I forget his coaches name. Doc

bjornolf
02-07-2009, 08:04 AM
There were a few NBA Duke guys on sportscenter this morning. Of course, we had the aforementioned Dahntay Jones highlight. But in the Warriors/Suns game highlights, they showed Maggette making a sweet play for the Warriors, then showed Hill hugging Nash after the game while saying that Hill had 27 points in the game. Good day for the Devils in the NBA. Only problem is that a couple days ago, Elton Brand got on sportscenter for tearing up his shoulder. That was NOT a good one.

rockymtn devil
02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
There's been discussion about this in the past, but I'm convinced that the Nuggets success this year (a team many expected to miss the playoffs as Portland asserted itself in the West) has a heavy Duke fingerprint on it. The success comes from improved defensive play. Denver could always score, but now they play very good defense. Billups has had a huge role in this. But, in addition, Dahntay Jones brings excellent athleticism and a commitment to defense and Carmelo Anthony's experience with Coach K seems to have instilled in him a new dedication to defense and rebounding.

Even if they're coached by a Tar Heel, the Nuggets are more of a Duke team :)