PDA

View Full Version : Hendo's wrist

flyingdutchdevil
02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have any info on the status of Hendo's wrist? He looked like he agrivated it against the backboard when he went for a block. He kept on holding his wrist like it hurt. I hope the reason that Hendo missed a bunch of jump shots in the 2nd half is not due to his wrist. That said, he had no trouble shooting free throws.

An injury to Hendo would be the worst thing possible for this team right now.

brianl
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
bringing this back to the top to see if anyone has any comment. It definitely appeared to be bothering him.

mr. synellinden
02-05-2009, 03:29 PM
The silence from those who might be in the know suggests there might be silence from the Athletic Dept., which suggests there might be something to be concerned about.

I am concerned.

roywhite
02-05-2009, 03:33 PM
The silence from those who might be in the know suggests there might be silence from the Athletic Dept., which suggests there might be something to be concerned about.

I am concerned.

Henderson's wrist 2009 = Boozer's foot 2001?

The 2001 injury, also in a game we lost by double digits, set off quite a chain of events. Heck, we needed that White House guy Reggie Love to play a key role. But things ended pretty well. :)

mr. synellinden
02-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Henderson's wrist 2009 = Boozer's foot 2001?

The 2001 injury, also in a game we lost by double digits, set off quite a chain of events. Heck, we needed that White House guy Reggie Love to play a key role. But things ended pretty well. :)

Casey Sanders is not walking through that door.:D

moonpie23
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
i am sure more worried now due to the silence than i was last night.. :(

those of you in the know, please let US know...:(

SilkyJ
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
i am sure more worried now due to the silence than i was last night.. :(

those of you in the know, please let US know...:(

Guys, people "in the know" may not know anything right now. K has been increasingly keeping his cards close to the vest on injuries.

Remember, these guys didn't finish playing til 11pm last night, then had to ride the bus alllll the way back to durham, and now they are just finishing up class and heading over to cameron to get their asses chewed out. The silence just as likely means there is little to be said right now.

As Oddball taught us in Kelly's Heroes, just send out those positive waves, baby.

mr. synellinden
02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Guys, people "in the know" may not know anything right now. K has been increasingly keeping his cards close to the vest on injuries.

Remember, these guys didn't finish playing til 11pm last night, then had to ride the bus alllll the way back to durham, and now they are just finishing up class and heading over to cameron to get their asses chewed out. The silence just as likely means there is little to be said right now.

As Oddball taught us in Kelly's Heroes, just send out those positive waves, baby.

Okay. Good point. I'll exhale and wait and hope for the best. And send out positive vibes.

geraldsneighbor
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Okay. Good point. I'll exhale and wait and hope for the best. And send out positive vibes.

I wouldn't worry about his jump shot too much after he landed on it because we basically were going balls to the wall jacking up jump shots after that. I'd imagine though if he hurt it we would have heard by now, or the trainer would have checked it out last night.

Blue in the Face
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Casey Sanders is not walking through that door.:D
Well done, this made me laugh out loud.

Hancock 4 Duke
02-05-2009, 06:51 PM

They flew out of Anderson, they didnt ride all the way.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-05-2009, 07:25 PM
He's fine. Don't you think that they would have held him out the rest of the game if he had dones something? The trainers didn't even look at him during the game.

Think about it, Patrick Mills in a big game (and close) against Gonzaga couldn't get back on the court after he had hurt himself. G was right back on the court in a game that was already a blow out. I would think there's nothing to worry about.

godukecom
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I heard that Duhon will lend his rib bone if needed for a transplant

shotrocksplitter
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd say the fact that he stayed in and scored would be indication that it was a minor tweak at most.

Though I will say that if there's something just a little bit wrong with him, no one will say anything until after Wednesday. K won't let UNC know that one of his guys might be weak.

MulletMan
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry... isn't it possible that no one is saying that G is injured because G isn't injured? Isn't that possible?

Oh and you never know when Casey Sanders might walk through that door! He is a man of many suprises!

shotrocksplitter
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm sorry... isn't it possible that no one is saying that G is injured because G isn't injured? Isn't that possible?

Well, we all saw the game, where he landed hard was holding/shaking his wrists for about 5 minutes. However, most of the posters here have suggested that he's good to go.

lifelongdevil
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
mainly posting this because i found it interesting.

One of my friends was at the waffle house just off campus last night at 4am and said Gerald was there alone, thinking about the loss and while clearly upset, was friendly and down to earth. A true class act.

I just think it serves as a reminder to us that these guys are still regular people and have off nights, just like us college students have off days. I was ready with the armageddon thoughts this morning, but after hearing about this, its just one loss in a long season. Bring on the canes.

shotrocksplitter
02-05-2009, 11:07 PM
One of my friends was at the waffle house just off campus last night at 4am and said Gerald was there alone, thinking about the loss and while clearly upset, was friendly and down to earth. A true class act.

I just think it serves as a reminder to us that these guys are still regular people and have off nights, just like us college students have off days. I was ready with the armageddon thoughts this morning, but after hearing about this, its just one loss in a long season. Bring on the canes.

Let's not forget that he can fly.

Can't take that away from the man :D

rthomas
02-06-2009, 07:35 AM

Did your buddy say whether Henderson ordered the All Star Special breakfast or the Toddle House Ham and Cheese Omelet?

http://www.artproductionsinc.com/clients/WaffleHouse/WaffleHouse.GIF

RelativeWays
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM

They say greasy food is good for soothing a hangover.

davekay1971
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Gerald Henderson + Hansbrough "incident" + Durham waffle house + 4 am = huge cojones.

I respect Hendo even more now than I did the day Hansbrough tried to break Hendo's hand with his nose :D

ice-9
02-06-2009, 01:40 PM

Great story, thanks for posting it!!

allenmurray
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Gerald Henderson + Hansbrough "incident" + Durham waffle house + 4 am = huge cojones.

I respect Hendo even more now than I did the day Hansbrough tried to break Hendo's hand with his nose :D

Cute. But while Henderson isn't huge by basketball standards, at 6"4" he is taller than 98% of all men in the United States. And probably in better shape than 99.9%

watzone
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM

I am concerned.

I heard that he is okay and ready to go via a regular poster here which runs a premium board:)

Sometimes we gotta take a bruisng and keep on crusing.
Personally, I'm not as worried about G as I am others stepping up their game.

bird
02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
We are three-cylinder engine.

Against average competition, one can be on, and two off, and we can win.

Against good competition, two can be on, and one off, and we can win.

Against excellent competition, if three need to be on, we will have a good chance to win.

Miami is probably a "two on" type of competition.

We haven't been "three on" for a while.

moonpie23
02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
i totally agree......if jon S would break outta the slump, or heck, if lance, ewill or mcclure would become even a SMALL offensive threat.....i think they would be fine...

Devilsfan
02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I remember seeing G all alone in Cameron before the practice facility opened shooting free throw after free throw. Nice work ethic, or what I think is a typical Duke work ethic.

lifelongdevil
02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
They say greasy food is good for soothing a hangover.

...we dont go there for the ambiance

geraldsneighbor
02-07-2009, 12:04 AM

Was he able to cut his waffles with his right hand? Hopefully that's a good sign.....I'm serious.

gofurman
02-07-2009, 08:49 AM
i totally agree......if jon S would break outta the slump, or heck, if lance, ewill or mcclure would become even a SMALL offensive threat.....i think they would be fine...

to his credit I thought Lance actually did some better things the lst two games aned CLemson in particular - just overlooked a little in CLemson aftermath