PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke v. Miami, Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

bjornolf
02-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Next play.

While we are all still licking our wounds from last night's debacle, I think it's equally important to move forward. We got a game in a couple days, and we (both the team and the fans) really need to tighten those belts and get down to it if we're gonna right this ship.

On that note, is there any chance that a talented but young Miami team has a letdown after that HUGE home win over Wake? Can we take advantage of that? I think that if our boys are galvanized by that loss, and the crazies really show up to support them, we can take this one.

On another note, I think K needs to devote a couple of practices before the Miami game to breaking the press, cause you KNOW we're gonna start seeing a LOT more of it, even from teams that aren't really equipped to pull it off. I think Miami is a team that has the athleticism, if not the discipline, to use it against us, at least for a while, long enough to put us in a hole anyway. If we can't make the passes, it won't matter if they're disciplined enough.

Thoughts? Is there any chance that WE press to open the game? I don't know if I've ever seen a game where BOTH teams commit to a press early on. How does that work? I guess it'd come down to bench and conditioning at that point.

SMO
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I think a letdown by MIA is likely, but more importantly I think Duke will come out angry. I just hope they don't overdo it and try to undo the last game in the first 5 minutes. I expect to see a gritty performance by Duke.

CDu
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
On that note, is there any chance that a talented but young Miami team has a letdown after that HUGE home win over Wake? Can we take advantage of that? I think that if our boys are galvanized by that loss, and the crazies really show up to support them, we can take this one.

Miami isn't a young team. They play eight upperclassmen (four seniors, four juniors) and only one underclassman really plays at all (the freshman Jones). They're inconsistent, but it's not due to youth. They are just a streaky offensive team that wins in large part due to extra effort on both ends of the floor, and sometimes that's not enough.

I think it's very possible that we come out at home and beat Miami handily. It's also possible that they build off that win and give us fits - after all, they can do essentially the same things Clemson can do on the right night. They have an athletic monster (at times) in Collins, a prolific shooter in McClinton, and lots of athleticism and effort from their role players. If Hurdle is having a good night, they can be a pretty darn good team. If he's having a bad night, they pretty much become a one man show.

Thoughts? Is there any chance that WE press to open the game? I don't know if I've ever seen a game where BOTH teams commit to a press early on. How does that work? I guess it'd come down to bench and conditioning at that point.

Both teams can press, but you can really only press if you score. So if the press is working for one team, it's unlikely that the press will work for the other team. We might press. Miami likes a steadier pace, and they seemed to struggle with it late in the game last year.

bjornolf
02-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry, I got NO sleep last night. I'm confusing Miami's basketball team with their young FOOTBALL team. Oops.

geraldsneighbor
02-05-2009, 09:55 AM
This is as close to a must win as your ever going to see. I will be unable to view the contest here since it is a raycom special and I don't get espn360 at home. Hopefully we turn up the intensity on defense and some guys break out of slumps. Win this game and all is forgotten.

CDu
02-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry, I got NO sleep last night. I'm confusing Miami's basketball team with their young FOOTBALL team. Oops.

No sweat. Hopefully, they get the bad versions of Collins and Hurdle this weekend, and we get a W. We could certainly use one of those after the beatdown last night.

JDev
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
This game can't get here fast enough. Miami is a good squad, as they showed in beating Wake last night, almost to the tune of the butt-whipping Duke received. I expect a more hungry Duke team. Duke just has to get production from Smith and Scheyer to be successful. It will not be an easy game by any stretch. One team is coming off a huge win, the other coming off one of the worst losses the program has seen. I think an attitude adjustment will be the biggest and most evident change. Duke will be more aggressive on both sides of the ball, communicate more, and play with more enthusiasm.

SMO
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
The main things that concern me about MIA are McClinton going off and their athleticism. I think Duke is very well positioned to stop McClinton with tough man-to-man. The big question on matching strong big guys is which team will show up? The one that handled Xavier and went toe-to-toe with Wake's athletes, or last night's squad?

DukeDevilDeb
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
This game can't get here fast enough. Miami is a good squad, as they showed in beating Wake last night, almost to the tune of the butt-whipping Duke received. I expect a more hungry Duke team. Duke just has to get production from Smith and Scheyer to be successful. It will not be an easy game by any stretch. One team is coming off a huge win, the other coming off one of the worst losses the program has seen. I think an attitude adjustment will be the biggest and most evident change. Duke will be more aggressive on both sides of the ball, communicate more, and play with more enthusiasm.

Smith and Scheyer, yes... but we need production from Singler too. He just didn't seem to be there last night... there being in the game.

geraldsneighbor
02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Smith and Scheyer, yes... but we need production from Singler too. He just didn't seem to be there last night... there being in the game.

Singler also was a non-factor in the Win Sunday. I think the question that needs to be asked after that loss is: Did we play our best in December and January and are fading now or do we improve from January and do something about what happened last night? No reason we can't get better IMO.

Diddy
02-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know how much full court press we will see. If pressing is something that your entire team has really worked on, then it can be a valuable weapon. If not, trying to slap one together and use it can be disasterous. If you run a press, and don't execute it very well, and it gets beaten, you will get crushed. A beaten press means loads of open shots. Other teams will try, but it is like a gimmick O in football. It works because the opposition rarely sees it, and even rarer still well executed.

Clemson uses their press a lot. Against UNC it backfired, completely. That is the danger of the press.

COYS
02-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Clemson uses their press a lot. Against UNC it backfired, completely. That is the danger of the press.

And quite frankly, it should have backfired last night, too, if we had shown the least amount of poise. At the very least, we should have made it a non-factor. Press or no press, athletes or no athletes, I think the biggest question mark for the Miami game will be our guys' psychological state. If they play the way they know they can and get back to basics and use the debacle in Clemson as a motivator, we can definitely beat Miami. The game against Miami will say a lot more about our team's psyche than their ability.

The good news is, we have an experienced head coach who has seen it all and overcome it all. We also have players that don't like to lose and will be willing to do anything it takes to rebound.

roywhite
02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
A question relating to preparation and practice time:

What time did the team get back from Clemson? That used to be a long bus ride; perhaps they fly now, but with a 9:00 PM game and various postgame activities, it's got to be midnight or so before they leave the building?

So is today Thursday limited in practice time at all by travel from last night's game? Or perhaps the normal practice schedule has been uh...somewhat altered due to our performance?

Watched some of the Miami/Wake game last night. Miami will be plenty tough to beat.

geraldsneighbor
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
A question relating to preparation and practice time:

What time did the team get back from Clemson? That used to be a long bus ride; perhaps they fly now, but with a 9:00 PM game and various postgame activities, it's got to be midnight or so before they leave the building?

So is today Thursday limited in practice time at all by travel from last night's game? Or perhaps the normal practice schedule has been uh...somewhat altered due to our performance?

Watched some of the Miami/Wake game last night. Miami will be plenty tough to beat.

I agree and I don't think this is the time to just murder our team in practice with big games looming. I think they should have a couple of intense practices however that really play alot of emphasis on defensive rebounding and getting back our flow on offense.

mgtr
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Singler also was a non-factor in the Win Sunday. I think the question that needs to be asked after that loss is: Did we play our best in December and January and are fading now or do we improve from January and do something about what happened last night? No reason we can't get better IMO.

I have wondered about this for some time. Maybe we are better prepared and better conditioned early in the season, but as the season goes on, others catch up with us and some pass us. Just a possibility, but worrisome if true.

geraldsneighbor
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I have wondered about this for some time. Maybe we are better prepared and better conditioned early in the season, but as the season goes on, others catch up with us and some pass us. Just a possibility, but worrisome if true.

I wonder if there will be anyone in that locker room to say that last night wasn't acceptable and we will do something about this. I'm not sure who the vocal leader is of this team with Paulus in a limited roll. We need a Dahntay Jones type guy in there, hopefully there is one.

This team IS better then last year. Where else has anyone played 4 top ten teams this year (non of which at home) and is still sitting at 19-3?

Kyle is a better player then last year.
G is better.
LT and Zoub have shown flashes.
Scheyer WILL find it.
Nolan will be better...
This team has the pieces but its a matter of finding them...and quickly.
People who are writing off a Duke team like this on the 5th of February are making a mistake.

RelativeWays
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I harbour no grudge towards Miami but I want to see our team destroy them, its a huge statement that needs to happen if this team has any true desire of doing something in the postseason. Problem is, I can't remember the last time a Duke team exacted revenge for a poor performance on its hapless next opponent. Some here might point to the UVA game last Saturday after the loss to Wake, but I'm not sure how much of that victory was Duke exorcizing frustration and how much was UVA's terrible, terrible play.

Kishiznit
02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Below are my starting lineup predictions against Miami..thoughts?

PG - Smith; Regardless of what he does, he is the best option at point and not sure a wake up call is waranted.

SG - EWil; I like this move to get Jon coming off the bench (again) - less pressure and work him in early to get a layup or knock something easy down. Would also be interesting to see how E reacts in the starting lineup.

SF - G

PF - Lance; give him a shot at 4 - he definitely deserves to be in the starting lineup after last night.

C - Z; Miami is long so his inside presence can buy early minutes (and probable late minutes as well).

Obviously it's not who starts it's who finishes the game that matters but I think this squad would be interesting and could definitely hold their own on the defensive side of the ball.

DevilCastDownfromDurham
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Below are my starting lineup predictions against Miami..thoughts?

PG - Smith; Regardless of what he does, he is the best option at point and not sure a wake up call is waranted.

SG - EWil; I like this move to get Jon coming off the bench (again) - less pressure and work him in early to get a layup or knock something easy down. Would also be interesting to see how E reacts in the starting lineup.

SF - G

PF - Lance; give him a shot at 4 - he definitely deserves to be in the starting lineup after last night.

C - Z; Miami is long so his inside presence can buy early minutes (and probable late minutes as well).

Obviously it's not who starts it's who finishes the game that matters but I think this squad would be interesting and could definitely hold their own on the defensive side of the ball.

Not much offensive firepower in that lineup. In fact, other than G I'm not sure there's any. I strongly suspect the lineup will be based on who responds well in practice over the next day or two. I'd assume Kyle and G will start. The other three spots, IMO, are up for grabs.

geraldsneighbor
02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Not much offensive firepower in that lineup. In fact, other than G I'm not sure there's any. I strongly suspect the lineup will be based on who responds well in practice over the next day or two. I'd assume Kyle and G will start. The other three spots, IMO, are up for grabs.

I agree. If anything, I think Kyle moves to the 3 to atleast lighten his load a little. I think the line-up will be Smith, Hendo, Singler, McClure, LT.

devildownunder
02-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Next play.

While we are all still licking our wounds from last night's debacle, I think it's equally important to move forward. We got a game in a couple days, and we (both the team and the fans) really need to tighten those belts and get down to it if we're gonna right this ship.

On another note, I think K needs to devote a couple of practices before the Miami game to breaking the press, cause you KNOW we're gonna start seeing a LOT more of it, even from teams that aren't really equipped to pull it off. I think Miami is a team that has the athleticism, if not the discipline, to use it against us, at least for a while, long enough to put us in a hole anyway. If we can't make the passes, it won't matter if they're disciplined enough.

1. It'll be another 20 years before an ACC team has a "letdown" playing Duke. Our rep can get teams to fold early sometimes if we jump on them but nobody doesn't get up to play us, and if that ever changes we're in trouble.

2. I wish I knew more about Miami's personnel but if they have any quickness at all, they'll almost certainly apply some full-court pressure on us after Clemson. I'm certain breaking the press -- and attacking the press -- will be a focal point of practice. I'm a bit surprised it took this long in the season for us to see it, with our PG situation.

3. It'd be darn entertaining if we came out and pressed. I'm sort of doubtful that we will do that, although I guess it's possible. Up until recently, our offense has been good enough for us to win this year. Just by casual observation it appears that a couple of our key offensive players have become a bit tentative and/or are shooting poorly. If fatigue is the cause of that, then asking them to expend even more energy by pressing is not the solution. But if fatigue has nothing to do with it, then we've got the length and quickness to get after some teams with a press and I'd be excited to see us do it. We'd certainly catch folks by surprise and we'd require less "traditional" point guard play.

devildownunder
02-06-2009, 02:08 AM

I don't think there is any question K will have the guys ready to chew through nails in this one. "First with the head, then with the heart," though, so what strategy will he use to channel all that aggression and energy? You have to believe we'll see Scheyer some at the point and maybe a few more mins for Paulus. As critical as the PG play is, I don't know that there are too many different solutions to that one, although becoming a full-time, full-court press team, as one poster hinted at, is intriguing (yeah, I know, it ain't gonna happen).

The more interesting question, to me, is how will Singler be deployed? Duke has no chance of being a good team without consistent offensive production from him. What will K do to see that he gets the production? Will we go through stretches where we run baseline screens for him on consecutive possessions, a-la the JJ years? How about some flat 1-4 arrangements, if he's matched up against a big? Could also try to get some mismatches for him in the post. One thing K could try is to let Gerald and Kyle run the same high screen and roll that Jwill and Carlos used to run. That, and any other strategy that lets Gerald and Kyle work the two-man game on the same side of the floor would almost certainly cause the opposition some problems.

In years past, I'd be reluctant to post these notions but K has shown himself to be very flexible with his strategies this year. It's a team that can be handled many different ways and he's already tried several of them. I'm hopeful that he'll keep looking for more. Of course, none of this matters if we can beat full-court pressure. Every team will at least have that to fall back on against us until we get that fixed.

bjornolf
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
1. It'll be another 20 years before an ACC team has a "letdown" playing Duke. Our rep can get teams to fold early sometimes if we jump on them but nobody doesn't get up to play us, and if that ever changes we're in trouble.

I'm not saying they'll be overlooking us or anything, but that win against Wake was a statement win for the program. The fans stormed the court. They were partying and celebrating all night I'm sure. The players probably didn't even think about us until Thursday afternoon. They're probably thinking "hey, we crushed Wake who handled Duke. We've got a real chance at a dream scenario here." There's a short turnaround. They're going from a late Wednesday night game to an early Saturday afternoon game where they have to travel. Duke will be chewing nails to get out there and make an example of them. It's just hard with that much emotion to turn around and play a team like Duke with barely two days inbetween.

The last three teams we've played all had an entire week to prepare for us, while we were playing game after game. You don't think that had an impact on Wake's and Clemson's success against us, physically and mentally? NFL teams talk about what a difference one day more or less of preparation can make. Can you imagine how much four extra days can make for a college team?

Like I said, they're going to be chewing at the bit to get back-to-back wins against two of the big baddies of the ACC. I just don't know if they'll have enough left in the tank to handle us angry coming off a bad loss.

davekay1971
02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I just want to see us come out there looking like we want to crush someone into oblivion. It's an opportunity for us to show that Wednesday night was an aberration, that we're for real, and that this is not the beginning of a February swoon. For the record, I think it was an aberration, we are for real, and we won't see a February swoon (thought with one game against Wake and 2 against Carolina still to play, obviously we may take a couple more losses before the season's over). But a loss to Miami would mean 3 losses in 4 games, the last one being to a team we should beat, at home. An emphatic win, on the other hand, shows that this team is moving forward just fine.

Chard
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't think Duke is in that bad of shape. They do have some deficiencies and certain players need seasoning but the same is true for EVERY team. Anyways, here is just a little tidbit on Miami and it sounds like they just went through what Duke may be experiencing.

Tremendous win for Haith and his boys, one I didn't see coming after their worst "effort performance" of the year at Maryland Saturday. I thought this three-game stretch of Wake Forest, Duke and North Carolina, on the heels of a three-game losing streak, were going to be the final nails in UM's coffin. Turns out I was dead wrong.

Consider this little gem of a stat on exactly how insane the ACC is. Miami plays the worst shooting team in the league and loses Saturday night. Then, the Canes face the league's best in Wake Forest and hold them to season-low 31.7 percent -- including 29 percent in the second half. In other words, these nights don't happen often. (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/02/canes-stun-wake-forest-at-the-buc.html)

I expect a very hard fought game. Miami's interior will show up to play like last year and that may be the deciding factor. Miami needs it more than Duke and the game is at Miami. If Duke pulls one out, we'll know they are turning the corner. If not, they'll bounce back just fine. The ACC is tough!

Indoor66
02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I expect a very hard fought game. Miami's interior will show up to play like last year and that may be the deciding factor. Miami needs it more than Duke and the game is at Miami. If Duke pulls one out, we'll know they are turning the corner. If not, they'll bounce back just fine. The ACC is tough!

I believe the game is at Cameron at 1:30 pm!

Chard
02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
You, Sir, are correct. I thought it was @ Miami. That changes my perspective. Miami just doesn't play well on the road. An experienced team like Miami should but Miami just can't put it together consistently. We'll see if they can. Duke should handle them. They play so much better in Cameron.

JDev
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
The way Duke has been shooting lately, it is very likely Miami will play a lot of zone. They played mostly zone against Wake and it worked very well for them. I doubt Miami presses because Duke will generally handle pressure much better than they did Wednesday night, and it is not really Miami's style. Duke should be able to handle a press and turn that into some easy baskets, and Miami doesn't want to see that. They will play their zone and try to make Duke earn everything. This will not be a high scoring game.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree. If anything, I think Kyle moves to the 3 to atleast lighten his load a little. I think the line-up will be Smith, Hendo, Singler, McClure, LT.

That is a good starting lineup and one that should be used for a good amount of time. McClure is one of the best on ball defenders in the ACC and he deserves a shot at the starting lineup. Bringing Scheyer off the bench will help him out.
I also think that this is another one of those games that Zoubek has a limited role. He is in way over his head in the ACC and minutes should be harder to come by right now for him. I don't see him playing anymore than 8 min. There are way too many athletes out there for this guy with the exceptions of Maryland and VA.

grossbus
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM
IIRC this miami team roughed us up pretty good last year, much like clemson just did. we could not handle them inside.

CDu
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
IIRC this miami team roughed us up pretty good last year, much like clemson just did. we could not handle them inside.

Miami is very similar in design to Clemson. They have a guy who's capable of being a dominant force in the post in Collins. They have solid depth behind their top dog in the post in Graham and McGowan. They have a lights-out perimeter shooter in McClinton. They have a good slashing lanky wing in Asbury. They have a super-quick PG in Hurdle. And they have two really athletic wings who play good defense (Dews and Thomas), one of whom is a really good shooter (Thomas).

They don't press as well as Clemson, but they can press. The good news is that Collins and Hurdle are really inconsistent, and that they don't typically play well on the road. The bad news is that they've proven they can beat an elite team without a big game from Collins, and they've proven to themselves that they can beat us.

I think we'll win because it's in Cameron and Coach K will have the team fired up. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked by a loss, either. These guys have plenty of talent - it's just a matter of whether they bring it to the floor or not.

Kfanarmy
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I totally disagree with this...he isn't getting a lot of decent passes into the post, and he continues to progress. hyperbole at best.

He is in way over his head in the ACC and minutes should be harder to come by right now for him.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I totally disagree with this...he isn't getting a lot of decent passes into the post, and he continue to progress. hyperbole at best.

What do you disagree with? The whole thing? I might have been a little harsh saying he is in way over his head in the ACC...but, I still don't see him getting a ton of minutes against Miami. I don't think it is a great matchup for him. He is not going to guard Collins or Asbury.
The fact that he hasn't gotten any decent passes into the post is not true. He might not get them consistently, but when you are a 7'1 guy who has been averaging 15 min. a game and has shot 27 total FT's in 22 games, you know you're missing something. He has been given every opportunity to succeed.

CDu
02-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I totally disagree with this...he isn't getting a lot of decent passes into the post, and he continues to progress. hyperbole at best.

I'm inclined to disagree with you. Aside from the Maryland game (which had an undersized AND underathletic front line), Zoubek is averaging the following in ACC play: 12.8mpg, 2.5ppg, 2.9rpg, 1.5 fouls/game, 40.9% fg. That doesn't appear to be progression, nor is it keeping up. Even with the Maryland game, it's 15mpg, 3.6ppg, 4rpg, 1.9 fouls/game 44.8% fg.

To some degree, you have to create your opportunities, or make it easier to get the opportunities. Duke has tried to work the ball to him more, but he struggles with the ball and struggles to finish. That makes it hard to keep going to him.

Right now, I see roughly the same player as last year. There is some progress (fewer travels, fewer fouls), but the impact he showed in games back in December doesn't appear to be there anymore against tougher post comp. A lot of that is not his fault, as he missed much of the summer with the foot injury. Right now, just like last year, he's a very capable matchups guy, but there are plenty of teams against which he appears simply outmatched physically.

Kfanarmy
02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Brian Zoubek is 52 of 90 shooting, has the 2nd highest points per minute on the team at 1.41. When offense seems to be one of the biggest problems, getting it to the guy inside and scoring or feeding out, would seem to be a goal. His one problem has been TOs but at 1/1.1 I don't know that you can say he is over his head. He is a pretty good passer and when he can't get his shot, he can assist. Running around the perimeter constantly and hoping G will score has been an awful lot of the offense lately. I think that, yes you were unnecessarily harsh, and that while he may not be flashy Zoubek is an important piece on the chessboard.

What do you disagree with? The whole thing? I might have been a little harsh saying he is in way over his head in the ACC...but, I still don't see him getting a ton of minutes against Miami. I don't think it is a great matchup for him. He is not going to guard Collins or Asbury.
The fact that he hasn't gotten any decent passes into the post is not true. He might not get them consistently, but when you are a 7'1 guy who has been averaging 15 min. a game and has shot 27 total FT's in 22 games, you know you're missing something. He has been given every opportunity to succeed.

CDu
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Brian Zoubek is 52 of 90 shooting, has the 2nd highest points per minute on the team at 1.41. When offense seems to be one of the biggest problems, getting it to the guy inside and scoring or feeding out, would seem to be a goal. His one problem has been TOs but at 1/1.1 I don't know that you can say he is over his head. He is a pretty good passer and when he can't get his shot, he can assist. Running around the perimeter constantly and hoping G will score has been an awful lot of the offense lately. I think that, yes you were unnecessarily harsh, and that while he may not be flashy Zoubek is an important piece on the chessboard.

You're quoting overall season numbers. The previous poster referred to ACC play, during which Zoubek's numbers have been much less impressive. In ACC play (including Maryland), he's 13-29 from the field and his averaging only 1.00 points per fg attempt (I assume that's what you meant with 1.41 points per "minute").

I agree with you that he was looking quite solid back in December. But since ACC play started, the performance has dropped off quite a bit. This coincides with an increase in the overall quality of the players he's now facing on a regular basis.

Fish80
02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Miami has a deep team. Against Wake 9 guys played 14 or more minutes.

We all know about Jack McClinton. But we have several guys that can guard him.

I'm more worried about Jimmy Graham. He's 6'8" and 250 lbs. Against Wake in 24 minutes he had 11 rebounds and 4 blocks. His career stats aren't that great, but he's the type of big body we've had trouble with. We need to keep him off the boards as much as we need to slow down McClinton. Maybe Lance and David can keep Graham from going wild.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't mean to make this Miami preview a Brian Zoubek thread, but my point was simply:

At this point in time, in the heart of ACC play, our best bet is to go with McClure in the starting lineup alongside Singler and Thomas in the frontcourt. Especially in this game vs. Miami. He has proven himself valuable and will be more than willing to guard anyone on the court he has to. Until Scheyer breaks out of his ongoing slump, this seems smart. Also, it adds some much needed firepower to that 2nd unit when Paulus was really the only shooter in that unit.

CDu
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM

I'm more worried about Jimmy Graham. He's 6'8" and 250 lbs. Against Wake in 24 minutes he had 11 rebounds and 4 blocks. His career stats aren't that great, but he's the type of big body we've had trouble with. We need to keep him off the boards as much as we need to slow down McClinton. Maybe Lance and David can keep Graham from going wild.

Miami has lots of guys that can give us trouble but can also disappear. Collins can at times play like Booker, where he just owns the paint. But he can also disappear for games at a time. Graham can provide great energy, defense, and rebounds, and just enough offense that you can't ignore him. But he can also commit four fouls in ten minutes. Hurdle can be an explosive, Teague-like lead guard. He can also make dumb mistakes and disappear offensive. Asbury can be a long, rangy, multi-purpose factor, but he can also go ice cold from the floor and be a non-factor. They have a number of role players (Dews, Thomas, McGowan) who can come up big on the right night. But they so frequently don't. McClinton's pretty much the only guy who gives them production night in and night out. What we'll see from Miami this weekend is anybody's guess.

Fish80
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Miami has lots of guys that can give us trouble but can also disappear. Collins can at times play like Booker, where he just owns the paint. But he can also disappear for games at a time. Graham can provide great energy, defense, and rebounds, and just enough offense that you can't ignore him. But he can also commit four fouls in ten minutes. Hurdle can be an explosive, Teague-like lead guard. He can also make dumb mistakes and disappear offensive. Asbury can be a long, rangy, multi-purpose factor, but he can also go ice cold from the floor and be a non-factor. They have a number of role players (Dews, Thomas, McGowan) who can come up big on the right night. But they so frequently don't. McClinton's pretty much the only guy who gives them production night in and night out. What we'll see from Miami this weekend is anybody's guess.

Agree, consistent play has been an issue for Miami. But both Graham and Collins are the big bruiser bodies that could give us trouble inside. Either one of them is capable of having a big game. I picked Graham because he played well versus Wake and Collins didn't. But you're right, it's hard to predict what they'll do tomorrow. I just worry about getting "Bookered" again.

Oriole Way
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM

That's a good guess, and that lineup matches up fairly well with Miami. Would like to see it used for at least this next game.

whereinthehellami
02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Hopefully Singler is back at full speed. I hope the flu or whatever he had didn't put him behind the eight ball for the rest of the year, as far as feeling rested. Not a good time of the year to try and catch a breath.

Kfanarmy
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
outside shooting has not been frightening in ACC play, in fact Scheyer's and Singler's point production have gone considerably down since the start of ACC play, and especially over the last three games...average of 27 and 35 percent respectively. I think it is somewhat of a chicken and egg thing, better outside shooting would lead to better inside opportunity and vice versa. still I am not sure that you get a lot by playing the one other player who has been more successful inside for 40 minutes...unless you want to abandon the interior.

(correct points per shot, don't know why I was thinking minutes, but wish it were seconds:D)

You're quoting overall season numbers. The previous poster referred to ACC play, during which Zoubek's numbers have been much less impressive. In ACC play (including Maryland), he's 13-29 from the field and his averaging only 1.00 points per fg attempt (I assume that's what you meant with 1.41 points per "minute").

I agree with you that he was looking quite solid back in December. But since ACC play started, the performance has dropped off quite a bit. This coincides with an increase in the overall quality of the players he's now facing on a regular basis.

CDu
02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
outside shooting has not been frightening in ACC play, in fact Scheyer's and Singler's point production have gone considerably down since the start of ACC play, and especially over the last three games...average of 27 and 35 percent respectively. I think it is somewhat of a chicken and egg thing, better outside shooting would lead to better inside opportunity and vice versa. still I am not sure that you get a lot by playing the one other player who has been more successful inside for 40 minutes...unless you want to abandon the interior.

(correct points per shot, don't know why I was thinking minutes, but wish it were seconds:D)

To be honest, I don't think the drop in Zoubek's production is the cause of the poor shooting from the perimeter. We've been getting the same looks from the perimeter for the most part. They just aren't going in. These guys proved last year that they could hit shots regardless of what we get from the inside guys. For some reason, the shots aren't falling right now, but I don't think it's due to Zoubek falling off.

DUKIE V(A)
02-06-2009, 07:27 PM
While many ACC teams (including Miami) have suffered some surprising road letdowns this season, I believe that Miami would be much more likely to have a "letdown" game against pretty much anybody but DUKE. Teams love playing DUKE and get up for us.

I'm not expecting a Miami letdown or necessarily hoping for it. Instead, I am hoping for DUKE to play more to its potential than it did last game. Although a win is a win in the standings, it would seem to me that beating a talented, tough team Miami that's playing well would be a pretty nice accompishment (even at home) and be a huge psychological boost going into the game with the holes. This is what I am hoping and expecting to happen. Taking nothing away from Miami which is a very capable team, but if both teams play well, Duke will get the W many more times than not.

I have a couple thoughts about DUKE vs. the press...

1. We can handle the press much better than we did vs. Clemson. And I hope teams start pressing us as when DUKE breaks a team's press we are likely end up with many good looks and easy baskets. Maybe this will help us regain our offensive aggression and confidence. It is also demoralizing and tiring to have your press beaten.

2. I especially hope Miami employs the press against us. It does not seem to be their game. Based on what I have seen of Miami in recent years-- they seem to be more of a rugged than athletic team. They are tough defensively and make you work for your points. They also make you work defensively. They don't mind playing low scoring, hard-nosed, even ugly, grid-it-out basketball. I am not saying they are unathletic...they certainly have plenty of athletic ability...but they are not athletic relative to the Clemsons, Wakes, or even FSUs of this world.

I think we should bear in mind that Clemson is a pressing team. This is their style and what they do. They have incredible length and athleticism all over the court (Booker, Sykes, Rivers, Potter, Grant). They are also well coached and usually disciplined on defense. Not many teams are like that.

Kishiznit
02-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Am I reading this correctly? YOu are more worried about Jimmy Graham than Jack McClinton? Over the years I have found myself cheering for Graham (against other squads) since he is a NC kid but the fact that he has 11 rebounds and 4 blocks does not worry me. I really don't care if he has 21 boards as long as 7 aren't on the offensive side of the court. McClinton is one of (IF NOT THE) best SCORERS in the conference. I know we are very strong covering wing guys but McClinton is the heart of this team.

geraldsneighbor
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Should I spend the 75 bucks to get this game and the FSU game at the end of the year and get ESPN Full court? I just might do it since tomorrow is an absolute huge game.

JDev
02-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Should I spend the 75 bucks to get this game and the FSU game at the end of the year and get ESPN Full court? I just might do it since tomorrow is an absolute huge game.

I broke down and bought it earlier. I can't stand Duke being on and not being able to watch it. Plus, as you said, this is a big game. You might have to pony up the dough.

Newton_14
02-07-2009, 12:13 AM

I say go for it. We only live once and tomorrow's game is huge. Hating that I do not have a ticket for it.. (I only live 25 minutes from Gerald's current living quarters)

geraldsneighbor
02-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I say go for it. We only live once and tomorrow's game is huge. Hating that I do not have a ticket for it.. (I only live 25 minutes from Gerald's current living quarters)

Well, you got me there. I'm like 8+. Anyone muting the broadcast tomorrow to listen to Bob and the gang instead of Steve Miller?

JDev
02-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Well, you got me there. I'm like 8+. Anyone muting the broadcast tomorrow to listen to Bob and the gang instead of Steve Miller?

Is there a radio delay? If so, is it easy to get synched up? I have often thought of doing that, but have never tried. I just listen to the pre and post game with Harris, and deal with whichever tv announcer has the game in between.

geraldsneighbor
02-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Is there a radio delay? If so, is it easy to get synched up? I have often thought of doing that, but have never tried. I just listen to the pre and post game with Harris, and deal with whichever tv announcer has the game in between.

If you have Comcast you can rewind to the point that syncs it up. Pretty sure Tivo and Verizon work the same.

Bob Green
02-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Should I spend the 75 bucks...

Absolutely, the economy needs the stimulus. Besides it's not my money so I could muster up zero motivation to vote no.

House G
02-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Of interest, oddsmakers have made Duke a 14 point favorite today. (Impossible to lose the game and your bet, if you know what I mean!)

bjornolf
02-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I was watching Sportscenter this morning, and Hubert Davis was saying his upset alert of the day was Miami over Duke. He was going on and on about how they only needed one more big win to secure an NCAA berth, and if they beat both Duke and UNC in the next week, they'd surely get in for the second time recently.

What are we, chopped liver? He was talking about it like it was a foregone conclusion. We are putting a team out there, right? Hopefully, the guys are going nuts to get out there and show that we are still Duke, no matter what anybody says. It just annoyed me that he was talking like it was already done. That just starches my potato. Come on guys, let's show the world how wrong they are! :mad:

On a brighter note, Digger Phelps said yesterday that it would be a BIG mistake for anyone to think that Duke is overrated. He said we're still a very good team that could go deep in the tourney. He said he thought it was more a sign that Clemson is for real than that Duke isn't. So, that was encouraging. Thanks Digger. :)

grossbus
02-07-2009, 08:38 AM
"On a brighter note, Digger Phelps said yesterday that it would be a BIG mistake for anyone to think that Duke is overrated. "

hopefully, things will never get so bad that we need to value digger's comments. :)

CDu
02-07-2009, 08:43 AM
"On a brighter note, Digger Phelps said yesterday that it would be a BIG mistake for anyone to think that Duke is overrated. "

hopefully, things will never get so bad that we need to value digger's comments. :)

Agreed.

On a semi-related note, I've never understood the focus on what the talking heads think. Honestly? Duke could win handily and I wouldn't be surprised. Miami could beat us and I wouldn't be surprised. They're giving an opinion and have to choose one or the other AND sound interesting. Ultimately, what Phelps, Bilas, and Davis think will have no impact on the final outcome today or in March.

Fish80
02-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Am I reading this correctly? YOu are more worried about Jimmy Graham than Jack McClinton? Over the years I have found myself cheering for Graham (against other squads) since he is a NC kid but the fact that he has 11 rebounds and 4 blocks does not worry me. I really don't care if he has 21 boards as long as 7 aren't on the offensive side of the court. McClinton is one of (IF NOT THE) best SCORERS in the conference. I know we are very strong covering wing guys but McClinton is the heart of this team.

Yes, you read it correctly. McClinton may have a great game and put up 30 points. But if he does he'll really have to work for it. We will play Nolan, Henderson, Scheyer, McClure, and Singler on him, switching on every screen. McClinton alone is unlikely to beat us.

If McClinton goes off and has help from a couple of other guys it will be a very tough game for us. That's where I worry about the big bruisers inside. And Graham is a bruiser. He loves to get in there and bang around as much as the refs will let him. If you have McClinton scoring big, Graham dominating inside that opens it up for the other guys. Then we have ourselves a "Thriller in Manila".

roywhite
02-07-2009, 09:26 AM

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Here's another option (if you scroll down the list of today's events, looks like our game is covered).

I'm in NC, so no problem today, but I find sports bars to be a good alternative when a particular game is not available. Surely something nearby in suburban Philly?

devildownunder
02-07-2009, 10:01 AM

I think you can just get day passes that would work out to much less money if you bought only two of them. Not sure though. I'm an international. Things may be different in the US.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Has anyone used channelsurfing.net? Is it legit? I find it hard to believe I can just click the game and watch it for free. What is the deal with that?

Onlyduke
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I was in Virginia last weekend and the Duke/VA game wasn't on Comcast until 3 pm (the game started at 2 pm). We watched the first part on the game on channelsurfing.net. It was free. There were lots of other games/sporting events to choose from.

darkblue2769
02-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Miami better duck.

Or something.

We are going to come out on that floor like madmen, the Crazies ARE madmen, everyone is still mad about the loss, and everyone is about the get really pumped up for Wednesday.

Here's to giving Miami hell, Duke!

dukiesbaby
02-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Game time is here everyone. Forget Clemson! Its over. Lets wax miami and then beat NC wed and after that you might not even remember which Jersey color we wore that night!

CDu
02-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome back, Jon Scheyer!

If Miami stays in this 2-3 zone, we're going to have a lot of open looks from 3. Hopefully he keeps stroking it.

grossbus
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
required to beat zone - outside shooting.

we have NO shooting of any kind.

help!

should_be_working
this is painful.

CDu
required to beat zone - outside shooting.

we have NO shooting of any kind.

help!

Yeah, since I typed that, we haven't hit a shot. Wow.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Is this seriously a carbon copy of last game? This is so pitiful. Im back in 06-07

wallyman
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Can't get the game, but assume the wrist is an issue. Really bad news.

chrisheery
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
If you aren't shooting well, you have to be prepared to make a good pass to a guy when he has a man sealed 1 on 1 against a zone. Zoubek has had a guy pinned 4 or 5 times and we just don't even look at him. Same with cutters, there have been at least 3 times when a cutter was open on the weak side or coming through the lane and we just can't see them. Not sure what we are doing.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to tear my eyes out!!!

TwoDukeTattoos
02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
With no inside game, our shooters mental hurdle becomes even harder to overcome.

PSurprise
02-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, at least we've hit 75% of our free throws...

CAT Blue Devil
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Box says 6 of 31 FG's in first half. Not much else to say. 19%.

grossbus
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
if K was upset at performance versus clemson, i wonder how he feels after this half of dreck. he looks remarkably unconcerned.

maybe the wrist is a factor with hendu, he sure is OFF. what is everybody else's excuse? we are bricking everything.

JDev
02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
This is rough. Another half with less than 20 points and a shooting percentage in the teens. It is not just hard to win in the ACC if you struggle that much offensively, it is impossible. There is still a half of basketball, let's watch and hope.

should_be_working
can a team shoot a negative parcentage??

Our defense may be playing well in the half court, but if we're going to get out of this funk, it needs to create some turnovers where we can get easy baskets out of it.

And can someone tell greg that no matter how many plays you call and how many times you rearange the offense if you don't try to create something all those plays aren't going to lead to anything. Seeing him walk up the court calling plays and not attacking is driving me crazy.

dukebsbll14
Is this seriously a carbon copy of last game? This is so pitiful. Im back in 06-07

yep. this standing on the perimeter and looking for the three is a fail

HDB
02-07-2009, 02:27 PM
what a brutal half. just brutal.

Oriole Way
Depressing to watch. It seems like the Clemson game broke our back, and if we don't have an amazing second half here, it could crush our season.

What is mind-blowing to me is that K made no adjustments whatsoever to the offense. Still dribble around the perimeter and hoisting terrible 3's. Unacceptable coaching. I have no right to criticize the best in the business, but it's the truth.

I also don't understand why Pocius gets minutes right away over Williams. Pocius offers absolutely nothing, while Williams provides the ability to get to the rim, and some size and quickness on defense.

This second half could really make or break our season. A loss here and we ruin our chances of getting a high seed for the ACC tourney, and more importantly, we will (continue to) spiral out of control.

arnie
If you aren't shooting well, you have to be prepared to make a good pass to a guy when he has a man sealed 1 on 1 against a zone. Zoubek has had a guy pinned 4 or 5 times and we just don't even look at him. Same with cutters, there have been at least 3 times when a cutter was open on the weak side or coming through the lane and we just can't see them. Not sure what we are doing.

The most disturbing part of not having any inside capability or penetration from the point - these guys are not young anymore. I recognize that Paulus doesn't have the quickness needed to play point, but the rest of the puzzle is hard to figure out. You'd think Z and Thomas would have learned some offensive moves in 3 years - guess not!

Coballs
02-07-2009, 02:28 PM

In theory, I agree. But seriously, what is Zoubek going to do with the ball if he even catches it?

dukelion
This is awful, embarassing and difficult to watch.

Singler needs to stop taking the three as he's just entered the sub 30% mark. The coaches just can't let him take 8 a game if he only hits two.....causes too many long rebounds that lead to quick scores.

Nolan Smith is a ghost.

So are Zoubek and Thomas.

This is just really really bad offensive basketball.

Kfanarmy
I just don't get it...whole team looks like they have some disease that prevents them from getting the ball in basket. I bet they have missed more than 20 wide open shots, every single one from inside the three point line more than three feet from the rim. I've never seen anything like it. whatever Jon had, the rest of the team now has. Almost as if no one is practicing offense.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
We need someone like McClinton that just has a knack for creating. He kind of reminds me of Jason Williams. Why did Coach K stop recruiting those guys? The Avery's, Williams, Duhon's!

Get me John Wall for God's sake!!!!!!!!!

JDev
02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Miami is shooting the three well, going 5-8 in the first half. Duke has hit one less and taken twice as many.

Faison1
02-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I hate to say it, but since it's such a beautiful day, I might have to be a fair weather fan :)

Watching this is seriously discouraging.....I hope they come back, but I might take my dog to the beach instead to try to brighten my mood......

ChicagoCrazy84
02-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I just miss the good ole days with Battier and Williams. Those guys were so ridiculously good, you could be down 10+ and still have nothing to worry about.

chrisheery
02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
In theory, I agree. But seriously, what is Zoubek going to do with the ball if he even catches it?

How much worse could it be than what is going on now? And, instead of Zoubek, that should be Singler getting inside position. The one time he did, he got fouled and made both free throws. henderson should do the same. McClure should also be getting position instead of catching the perimeter where he can't do anything with it.

grossbus
02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
shooting stats 6-31, worse than i thought.

Kfanarmy
02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
has 1/3 of Duke points. Scheyer has 1/3

TwoDukeTattoos
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I'll bet he simply tells them to figure it out and we'll see you out on the floor.

Onlyduke
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't ever remember a Duke team play this bad two games in a row. What bit this team after the Virginia game?????? :confused:

Kfanarmy
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
combined 1/15

jv001
02-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Looks like me we should go big and play a man at the high post(Singler) and a big(Zoubs) at the low post. Henerson, Jon and Nolan at the guards. We should be getting some offensive rebounds with Miami in that zone. Go Duke!

Oriole Way
I honestly wish that K just tell all these guys that they're not allowed to shoot a single 3 in the second half, until we make a sustained run. I've been saying all season that Singler should eliminate the 3 from his game. He continues to shoot them way too much.

Coballs
How much worse could it be than what is going on now? And, instead of Zoubek, that should be Singler getting inside position. The one time he did, he got fouled and made both free throws. henderson should do the same. McClure should also be getting position instead of catching the perimeter where he can't do anything with it.

I agree. With Singler in a shooting funk and nothing else working, it might be time to stick him inside to mix it up and see if he can get some interior baskets and the offensive boards/second chance points which are currently non-existant. Zoubek should not see the court.

should_be_working
02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
has 1/3 of Duke points. Scheyer has 1/3

considering our point total, thats not saying much.

Paulus needs to realize that when we are stuggling, jacking up a 3 from half court isn't going to get it done. Attack, attack, atttack. create opportunities, ball movement. We can't get them to fall from 5 feet, what makes him think they are going to start falling from 30? I like paulus and calling him a joke or whatever isn't accurate, everyone needs to step up their game, but greg needs to get it done as our point guard.

trey
02-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I've been saying all season that Singler should eliminate the 3 from his game. He continues to shoot them way too much.
Agreed. His 3 attempt just led to a Miami dunk.

trey
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Paulus passes up an open jumper to hit Kyle near the basket.

mcdukie
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
All I know is that if we are going back to playing Paulus more minutes at the point, then this season will end like last. I am not giving up on my Dukies but it amazes me that we can recruit 2, 3, and 4's but no post or point guards. And that doesn't look to change next year.

Kfanarmy
02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
matched 1st half score in 6:30

grossbus
02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
did they call a foul on that elbow to GP?????

statik73
02-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Why doesn't anyone even look to pass to Z? I know he gets blocked a lot, but I'd like to see him take that little hook shot more. and he's a good passer.
He won't ever get better without touches.

statik73
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Ejection!

should_be_working
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
what a turn of events. Crazy what one simple bucket can do for you.

Kfanarmy
02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
would be good to see the last 8 minutes for 40

whereinthehellami
02-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm watching the gametracker and it says Singler is 2 for 16? Is that right????

whereinthehellami
02-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Gametracker says over 9 minutes left. Could it be that far behind? what is latest score?

rockymtn devil
02-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Gametracker says over 9 minutes left. Could it be that far behind? what is latest score?

Mine says 7:24 left, Duke 51 Miami 49

TwoDukeTattoos
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Need more drives, more post play

whereinthehellami
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks. Seems like a minute went by just like that.

whereinthehellami
02-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Duke 9-31 from 3
Miami 6-9 from 3.

Hard to win playing Bball like that.

whereinthehellami
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Live by the 3, die by the 3. I'm watching a slow death on gametracker!

Cavlaw
02-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Live by the 3, die by the 3. I'm watching a slow death on gametracker!
Yeah, gametracker is no substitute for watching if you want to know what's actually happening.

rockymtn devil
02-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Score?

I'm getting both 66-65 us, and 66-66 on the ESPN gametrack.

Channing
02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
score? Gametracker cant make up its mind - is it tied or Duke by 1???!?!?!?

Cavlaw
02-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Headed to overtime.

Duke4Ever32
02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Going to OT at 68-68. Duke was up 3 but McClinton hit a 3 to tie.

rockymtn devil
02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Headed to overtime.

Thanks. The "Last 15 Plays" score on ESPN.com has us losing the game 69-68 but the main scoreboard has it in OT. Somewhere in the final minute Miami was given a mystery point.

Channing
02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Headed to overtime.

did McClinton make some kind of crazy shot (like Teague at end of 1st half of Duke v. Wake)? I cant imagine Duke wasnt all over him.

chrisheery
02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
you do realize we were down by 16 at one point? agreed that we need to diversify the offense, but we aren't dying by the 3 right now, we are only in this game because we started hitting them.

should_be_working
02-07-2009, 03:38 PM
did espn 360 take the game off. *panic sets in

EDIT: back on! shewww

TNDukeFan
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
He hit a three that was unbelievable - on the sideline 30 ft. away with two Dukies in his face. That guy is great.

DukeFanInTerpLand
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
McClinton hit a shot from about 5 feet behind the line. Duke played good D. Just a great shot.

Scheyer barely missed his 3 and Singler's tip at the buzzer was close too.

TNDukeFan
02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
72-68, 2:07

DukeFanInTerpLand
02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
6 point lead now. Under a minute. G jumper.

chrisheery
02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
On ESPN 360, I have to watch the same 4 commercials over and over again. So annoying.

TNDukeFan
02-07-2009, 03:44 PM
step-back two a la Wake - 74-68, 51.9

DukeFanInTerpLand
02-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Bad D from Singler. Lost McClinton, who hits another 3.

3 point game. Duke ball. Clock malfunction.

TNDukeFan
How does McClinton get that open?

DukeFanInTerpLand
should be about 30 secs left.

DukeFanInTerpLand
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
How does McClinton get that open?

Yeah, Singler was royally pissed at himself.

Cavlaw
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Seriously guys - ESPN360 is a legal streaming video. The other two that people keep referencing are not. We will be going back through the threads to award copyright infringement infractions, so stop referencing them please.

TNDukeFan
02-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I'll stop with the reference. I can't get ESPN 360 where I am.

DukeFanInTerpLand
02-07-2009, 03:52 PM
this clock operator has to go. Seriously, come on. It can't be that hard.

diesel
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
We just hit two foul shots?

trey
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
this clock operator has to go. Seriously, come on. It can't be that hard.
I know. This is crazy!