PDA

View Full Version : I Still Love This Team

cascadedevil
02-05-2009, 06:24 AM
This team will not be defined by what happened at Clemson, but by how they respond to the loss. These young men have consistently shown a willingness to band together, work hard and improve. I am looking forward to watching them never forget what happened and have it build upon their already resolute character. This fan offers them encouragement and believes they have the sense of purpose to get there. There is no other group of players I would want out there representing my alma mater.

Let's Go Duke!!!

DukieBoy
02-05-2009, 07:14 AM
I feel the same. We are a veteran team that will group together so that this never happens again. I don't think this could have come at a better time with Miami this weekend and one week before the unc game. Hopefully we will respond to this game with two of the most intense efforts of the season because we will need them for the next two games. However, this team has enough veteran leadership to bring everyone together.

Mr Blue Devil
02-05-2009, 07:34 AM
This team will not be defined by what happened at Clemson, but by how they respond to the loss.

Let's Go Duke!!!

Very well said. I am proud of this team, win or lose. Games like last night can and will happen to the best of teams.

Congrats to Clemson, bring on Miami!

moonpie23
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
we got hammered for sure, but, this could also galvanize them.....i am hoping that is the case...

GO DUKE!!

DukeDevilDeb
02-05-2009, 09:43 AM
we got hammered for sure, but, this could also galvanize them.....i am hoping that is the case...

GO DUKE!!

Adam Gold on 850 the buzz kept saying this morning that the loss was so devastating for Duke that we could NEVER recover. I firmly do not believe this. But Lance is going to have to keep yelling, Nolan Smith at least needs to try to imitate a point guard, and the guards on the perimeter need to stop acting like they are dribbling to hold the ball at the end of the game on every possession.

Can we do it? You bet! Will we do it? :D You bet again!

Go Devils!

lmb
02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
I wondered why K called a time out with about 30 seconds left in the game. On ESPN this morning, they said he wanted the team to soak in the atmosphere of Littlejohn. I assume he said this in his postgame p.c. It certainly sounds like something he would do. Now the question is will the team take that rotten, sick-in-the-gut feeling and use it to go on a tear in February? Either way, this could be the season right here.

geraldsneighbor
02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I wondered why K called a time out with about 30 seconds left in the game. On ESPN this morning, they said he wanted the team to soak in the atmosphere of Littlejohn. I assume he said this in his postgame p.c. It certainly sounds like something he would do. Now the question is will the team take that rotten, sick-in-the-gut feeling and use it to go on a tear in February? Either way, this could be the season right here.

I agree, this will either be something legendary or we could flop and finish 3rd in the ACC. How the game goes Saturday will tell us alot more.

ice-9
02-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I agree, this will either be something legendary or we could flop and finish 3rd in the ACC. How the game goes Saturday will tell us alot more.

Or fourth or fifth! Let's not get overconfident. :)

That said, it'll be interesting to see how this team reacts. The "Duke slides in February and March" story is now a common one...it must be on the back of everyone's minds.

buddy
02-05-2009, 10:34 AM
I hope we take this to heart. Otherwise we are playing on Thursday in the Tournament. This game was such a total meltdown, that they really need to go back to the first day of practice and learn how to tie their shoes (the old John Wooden indoctrination).

dukegirlinsc
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I will still love this team, regardless. It's not fun to watch them lose, obviously. But I will love them if they lose every remaining game.