PDA

View Full Version : Defense in the ACC

duketaylor
02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
just took an astounding blow in the Maryland/UNC game. Reminded me of AndOne and Street Ball. Maryland had as many points in the 1st half as they did against the Devils in the entire game.

Gary should be on a short leash, but I hope not;)

Not a very ACC-like game at all, simply run-and-gun all night.

COYS
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow, I hope the Heels pay as much attention to Duke's offense next Wednesday as they did to the Terps scorers tonight. 108 points in an uptempo game is nice, but it's still never ok to allow this edition of Maryland to get away with 90+ points. So much for the commitment to defense.

bradjenk
02-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Actually, I'd rather look at it as at least the ACC plays a fast tempo. If you watch any of the tractor pulls in the Big Ten or Pac Ten (such as Minnesota 59 Illinois 36, 2 RANKED TEAMS, or Arizona St. 53 Arizona 47) you will appreciate the difference in play. I'd rather watch fast good offense/average defense than SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW bad offense/average defense. For instance, Duke and Wake play very good defense but don't play slow to keep the score down.

killerleft
02-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Actually, I'd rather look at it as at least the ACC plays a fast tempo. If you watch any of the tractor pulls in the Big Ten or Pac Ten (such as Minnesota 59 Illinois 36, 2 RANKED TEAMS, or Arizona St. 53 Arizona 47) you will appreciate the difference in play. I'd rather watch fast good offense/average defense than SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW bad offense/average defense. For instance, Duke and Wake play very good defense but don't play slow to keep the score down.

Average defense? You're not a closet Carolina guy, are you?

4decadedukie
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow, I hope the Heels pay as much attention to Duke's offense next Wednesday as they did to the Terps scorers tonight. 108 points in an uptempo game is nice, but it's still never ok to allow this edition of Maryland to get away with 90+ points. So much for the commitment to defense.

Absolutely correct!