PDA

View Full Version : Nba h-o-r-s-e

JasonEvans
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
This is (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ahk0zV01SdIdcUScXG81W.y8vLYF?slug=ap-all-star-horse&prov=ap&type=lgns)the best All-star weekend idea since the three-point shootouts with Larry Bird!!

The great pity is that the league can never get the stars to participate in the skills challenges. We always get mostly nobodies in the slam-dunk (props to Dwight Howard for taking part in recent years) and three-point contest.

I am hoping they can convince a couple big-name players to take part in H-O-R-S-E. I want to see guys calling "swish" and "bank" and all kinds of crazy stuff. I want to see several switch-your-hands-while-in-mid-air-and-shoot-with-your-eyes-shut shots too.

--Jason "And someone better attempt a half-court shot" Evans

Lord Ash
02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Uhmmm... sooooo... Jason... when I click that link I get an underware run? Is this a newer, positive version of Rick Rolling?

JasonEvans
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Uhmmm... sooooo... Jason... when I click that link I get an underware run? Is this a newer, positive version of Rick Rolling?

Ooops- accidentally linked the wrong thing. I have fixed it now.

The underwear picture goes with the thread on the Off-Topic board on Google... believe it or not.

--Jason "my fingers cut and pasted too quickly" Evans

Newton_14
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Jason, my good man.. Love the idea of watching the NBA stars play Horse and like the all-knowing Lord Of Ash,, I especially love the nice undie's in the photo when I clicked on your link!

Jason "I think I posted the wrong link" Evans

SupaDave
02-03-2009, 08:47 PM
You forgot the rookie game... Beasley vs. Durant...

superdave
02-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Bill Simmons has been advocating this for 6- years. I think he even pitched the idea to Stern.

They should make it Yao vs. Shaq vs. Duncan vs. Howard - that would be fun.

TheBrianZoubekExperience
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure how the NBA collective bargaining agreement deals with new games like this (my guess is that it doesn't address new games at all or that it says the NBA can't force people to be in these events) but as I understand it the CBA allows the NBA to force any healthy NBA player to partake in any All Star Event except the Dunk Contest which was specifically addressed in the CBA. I beleive I've read that a couple of times but if someone can confirm this, that would be great. As I understand it the reason for negating the dunk contest is the risk of injury and that the players association was really against forcing any player to be in the dunk contest. This is why the NBA has been able to force guys like Nash, Paul, Wade, etc to be in the skills competition and to have its stars compete in the Shooting Stars competition with retired players and WNBA stars. Granted, I doubt the NBA wants to push its luck and piss off its stars but I think if the NBa wants they can tell Lebron to do the 3 point context or the skills competition or maybe in the future the HORSE. I think the NBA can make any player participating in any one skills competition except the dunk contest. So depending on what the CBA says or how it is negotiated the next time it is up, we might see the NBa putting its starts in these things in the future.