PDA

View Full Version : MBB: USC 70, Stanford 69

geraldsneighbor
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Johnny's team loses its 3rd 1 point loss of the season having a shot at the buzzard go half way down and out at Southern Cal. 70-69 SC in the Final. Tough loss for Coach Dawkins.

DukeUsul
01-30-2009, 09:57 AM
They were shooting at buzzards? In the building? :D

That's a tough one for Johnny.

-jk
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I remember a rubber chicken get shot by the Color Guard in Cameron once. Never a buzzard, though.

-jk

sue71, esq
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Here's video (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=foxsports&vid=58310002-563d-4c8a-a840-9a62a9368c35) of that last shot. The whole place thought it was in. USC Coach Tim Floyd thought it was in. The only one that didn't think it was in was the ball itself.

FWIW, USC's top 3 guys were either sick or hurt: Taj Gibson (pneumonia, 20 pts), Daniel Hackett (flu, 12 pts), Dwight Lewis (coming off an ankle injury that kept him out for 2 games, 9 pts). Not saying it would've made a difference. Turnovers plagued Stanford.

BTW, though they shot 46% from the 3, it seemed like Stanford couldn't miss from behind the arc. From what I remember, I could only recall 1 or 2 misses.

Edit: There are no buzzards at the Galen Center. Maybe travel out to the desert... but not inside. Also, I used to have a rubber chicken keyring.

ArnieMc
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I remember a rubber chicken get shot by the Color Guard in Cameron once. Never a buzzard, though.

-jkThat was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The NROTC kept looking around to see what everyone was laughing about, and the crowd was just howling.

geraldsneighbor
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Here's video (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=foxsports&vid=58310002-563d-4c8a-a840-9a62a9368c35) of that last shot. The whole place thought it was in. USC Coach Tim Floyd thought it was in. The only one that didn't think it was in was the ball itself.

FWIW, USC's top 3 guys were either sick or hurt: Taj Gibson (pneumonia, 20 pts), Daniel Hackett (flu, 12 pts), Dwight Lewis (coming off an ankle injury that kept him out for 2 games, 9 pts). Not saying it would've made a difference. Turnovers plagued Stanford.

BTW, though they shot 46% from the 3, it seemed like Stanford couldn't miss from behind the arc. From what I remember, I could only recall 1 or 2 misses.

Edit: There are no buzzards at the Galen Center. Maybe travel out to the desert... but not inside. Also, I used to have a rubber chicken keyring.

Haha, my bad. It was late at night. Anyways, it was a good effort by Stanford who led by 6 at one point midway through the 2nd half.