PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Jumbo
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I just wanted to say that with a couple of isolated, minor situations (which were handled), the Wake post-game thread is a great example of what the DBR has strived to be over the years. Almost everyone has shown great perspective on the loss. That doesn't mean whistling past the graveyard -- the game has been analyzed and some really interesting basketball discussions have developed.

But basically no one is ranting and raving, lashing out at other posters, launching into tirades directed at Duke's players and coaches, Wake's players and coaches and the refs. (Well, the refs have taken a little bit of abuse. But they're used to it.) ;)

So, a hearty thanks to the vast majority of you out there. You made life much easier for the mods tonight and you continue to make the DBR the best place of its kind to hang out and talk hoops. Kudos.

geraldsneighbor
01-29-2009, 12:12 AM
I just wanted to say that with a couple of isolated, minor situations (which were handled), the Wake post-game thread is a great example of what the DBR has strived to be over the years. Almost everyone has shown great perspective on the loss. That doesn't mean whistling past the graveyard -- the game has been analyzed and some really interesting basketball discussions have developed.

But basically no one is ranting and raving, lashing out at other posters, launching into tirades directed at Duke's players and coaches, Wake's players and coaches and the refs. (Well, the refs have taken a little bit of abuse. But they're used to it.) ;)

So, a hearty thanks to the vast majority of you out there. You made life much easier for the mods tonight and you continue to make the DBR the best place of its kind to hang out and talk hoops. Kudos.

Thanks for your continued fine work. You guys are the fearless leaders of the DBR, and I thank you for that.

Have a goodnight.

EarlJam
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM

Jumbo,

Agreed. I feared coming home to see the sarcastic and predictible, "It's Over" thread. No such thread at this moment. Duke hoops fans know what tonight was all about.

The future is bright!

Great post.

-EJ

allenmurray
01-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Agreed. It was a good game, played by two equally matched teams, where the team playing on their home court won in the last seconds. What more could a basketball fan want? (Other than for duke to win of course.)

pamtar
01-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Thank you Jumbo. Your post on the PG thread put it perspective for a lot of us. It did for me.