PDA

View Full Version : MBB: North Carolina 80, Florida State 77

geraldsneighbor
01-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Maybe the night can be salvaged. FSU 66-63, 8 minutes left.

geraldsneighbor
01-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Holes led by 11 at half.

Rudy
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I've got it on, too. Amazing. Home court is an advantage all over the ACC.

FSU 66 NC 63 7:07 left

geraldsneighbor
01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Holes and Noles tied at 73.

rockymtn devil
01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Seminoles are a good team. That this game is close doesn't shock me. Like Wake, they are a big, athletic team.

Rudy
01-28-2009, 11:09 PM
2:03 left FSu 77 UnC 74

geraldsneighbor
01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
FSU could be the dumbest team in the nation.

devildeac
01-28-2009, 11:15 PM
this is tough to say, but, "go 'noles."

Coballs
01-28-2009, 11:17 PM
FSU could be the dumbest team in the nation.

What do you mean by "could be"?

geraldsneighbor
01-28-2009, 11:18 PM
This just got worse.

devildeac
01-28-2009, 11:19 PM
nice defense, noles:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DukeUsul
01-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Seriously, that's the play you draw up with 12 seconds to shoot? Nice lackadasickal execution too.

Rudy
01-28-2009, 11:20 PM
FSU couldn't get a shot off with about 39 seconds left. UNC had about 4 seconds. Lawson hits 3pt shot runner at the buzzer. UNC 80 FSU 77

willywoody
What do you mean by "could be"?

he was being nice.

geraldsneighbor
What a bad night of college ball.

DU82
01-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry, but if Gerald's Neighbor hadn't started this thread, I wouldn't have turned on the game, ruining FSU's chances.

But Leonard, couldn't you at least tried to have your guys deny Lawson on the inbounds play?

BlueintheFace
01-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Leonard.... goodbye.

geraldsneighbor
01-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry, but if Gerald's Neighbor hadn't started this thread, I wouldn't have turned on the game, ruining FSU's chances.

But Leonard, couldn't you at least tried to have your guys deny Lawson on the inbounds play?

My apologies.

FerryFor50
01-29-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't know what's worse - seeing a valiant comeback by Duke upended by a poor travel call/buzzer beater or seeing UNC get a gift-wrapped win from a team clearly in control at the end of a game by way of a running three pointer.

:mad::mad::mad:

EarlJam
01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't know what's worse - seeing a valiant comeback by Duke upended by a poor travel call/buzzer beater or seeing UNC get a gift-wrapped win from a team clearly in control at the end of a game by way of a running three pointer.

:mad::mad::mad:

The UNC win is by FAR the most bitter pill to swallow (for me, EarlJam). Duke showed amazing comeback ability on a hostile court. I can take some happy juice from that. UNC, well, they are just bastards and their win tonight sucked aluminum cans.
:mad:
-EJ

FerryFor50
01-29-2009, 12:30 AM
The UNC win is by FAR the most bitter pill to swallow (for me, EarlJam). Duke showed amazing comeback ability on a hostile court. I can take some happy juice from that. UNC, well, they are just bastards and their win tonight sucked aluminum cans.
-EJ

The best part is the UNC fans on my Facebook that are gloating over the Duke loss to a FAR better team than FSU... one that beat them pretty handily (though the final score was about the same).

The loss, the missed call, the buzzer beater win for Tarholes... I don't know why I'm not angrier.

-bdbd
01-29-2009, 12:49 AM
-EJ

Earljam - gotta agree. I coulda been happy with a "split," especially b/c Duke played so valiantly against a great Wake squad (+3 refs). Ultimately that shouldn't hurt us re. seedings in March. But another Kerlina loss vs a middle-of-the ACC opponent, woulda been real tough for them to come back from in the ACC. Geez - FSU just BLEW it didn't they?!!! Arrgh!

Next play! (please!)

-BDBD

Wander
01-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you guys believe me that FSU has the worst coach in the ACC yet?

roywhite
01-29-2009, 01:06 PM
As to this year's edition of the TarHeels, I now believe my own eyes more than the conventional wisdom of their superiority which was expressed pre-season and early season from many sources.

They are a very good team, not a great team, and no sure thing to win any championship, whether that be ACC regular season, ACC tournament, or regional finals, let alone national championship.

Danny Green is playing very well, and surpassing expectations, but I'm not sure anyone else is, unless you count a strong freshman performance by Ed Davis. Hansbrough may have lost something due to his injuries; he is just not as explosive or dominant. Lawson is good, but not to the level of Jeff Teague, or even Tyrese Rice. The team defense is lacking, esp. on the perimeter. The Heels turn the ball over and have streaky, not always reliable 3-point shooting.

The loss of Zeller and Ginyard (for the year?) have hurt this team. Their depth is still good, but not at the level it was.

Let's have at these guys in Cameron. I like our chances.

geraldsneighbor
01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
As to this year's edition of the TarHeels, I now believe my own eyes more than the conventional wisdom of their superiority which was expressed pre-season and early season from many sources.

They are a very good team, not a great team, and no sure thing to win any championship, whether that be ACC regular season, ACC tournament, or regional finals, let alone national championship.

Danny Green is playing very well, and surpassing expectations, but I'm not sure anyone else is, unless you count a strong freshman performance by Ed Davis. Hansbrough may have lost something due to his injuries; he is just not as explosive or dominant. Lawson is good, but not to the level of Jeff Teague, or even Tyrese Rice. The team defense is lacking, esp. on the perimeter. The Heels turn the ball over and have streaky, not always reliable 3-point shooting.

The loss of Zeller and Ginyard (for the year?) have hurt this team. Their depth is still good, but not at the level it was.

Let's have at these guys in Cameron. I like our chances.

I think UNC has to red shirt Ginyard at this point. I don't know how he feels about it being the team won't be as strong next year with Hanstravel and Green graduating and probably Lawson and Ellington departing. I just don't know if I would want my senior year to be 15 games (max) and 8 mpg. He is better then that.