PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Joe Ovies on 850 the Buzz is an idiot

mkline09
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I listen to the show on my way in to work everyday and the more I listen the more I think that Joe Ovies has this huge ax to grind with regard to Duke. I don't know his back ground but it doesn't seem like he needs much proding to take some shot at Duke and K. Today Adam Gold was pointing out that Duke was rightfully number one and Ovies just blurted out "by default." Not sure if anyone else agrees or not or if it is just me.

jv001
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
I listen to the show on my way in to work everyday and the more I listen the more I think that Joe Ovies has this huge ax to grind with regard to Duke. I don't know his back ground but it doesn't seem like he needs much proding to take some shot at Duke and K. Today Adam Gold was pointing out that Duke was rightfully number one and Ovies just blurted out "by default." Not sure if anyone else agrees or not or if it is just me.

You know there are people that hate the NY Yankees. Success breeds contempt and I would say we are successful in college basketball. Go Duke!

orrnot
01-27-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd tend to agree with the 850 amalgam of Adam and Joe--Duke is rightfully number one by default. That's the way the system works. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

Try listening to the radio as a Carolina fan, or as a State fan. You'll find just as much reason to get angry. That's the way the entertainment works.

godukecom
01-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Joe went to state... but he rips on the wolfpack more than anyone else imo

DukeUsul
01-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Anytime anyone asks:

Do you think ___________ on 850 the Buzz is an idiot?

The answer -- by default -- is yes.

Although in this case, I'd agree with Joe. I've never really thought we were the best team in the country (one of the top ten for sure) but we're number one because we haven't lost recently.

weezie
01-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Not having any idea who Joe Ovaries is, nor caring,

if mkline09 says Joe Ovaries is an idiot, that's good enough for me.

Hey Ovaries! Nobody cares what you think! :p

jipops
01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Ovies takes a generally negative tone to all the local teams. Yes, he does hate Duke - this is clear. He doesn't care much for the tarheels, and he's extremely down on the pack (which is sort of understandable). But he has let himself fall into that cliche' where it's easier to point out negatives about every college program than to actually be analytical and attempt to use logic and reason. This is very similar to Bomani (sp?) Jones who hilariously attempted to analyze the results of last years NBA finals by summing that the Lakers are "Sorry". That's it Bomani? That's all you got? Has nothing to do with matchups? They're just "Sorry!"? This is the kind of depth that exists with Ovies as well, it's easier just to be negative and make shallow blanket statements.

I did listen to these guys in the morning for awhile on the way to work, but after while it just got kind of old. I think Adam Gold is ok but Ovies gets tiring. I get a little sick of hearing about how everyone sucks and all coaches are jerks.

jipops
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Ovies takes a generally negative tone to all the local teams. Yes, he does hate Duke - this is clear. He doesn't care much for the tarheels, and he's extremely down on the pack (which is sort of understandable). But he has let himself fall into that cliche' where it's easier to point out negatives about every college program than to actually be analytical and attempt to use logic and reason. This is very similar to Bomani (sp?) Jones who hilariously attempted to analyze the results of last years NBA finals by summing that the Lakers are "Sorry". That's it Bomani? That's all you got? Has nothing to do with matchups? They're just "Sorry!"? This is the kind of depth that exists with Ovies as well, it's easier just to be negative and make shallow blanket statements.

I did listen to these guys in the morning for awhile on the way to work, but after while it just got kind of old. I think Adam Gold is ok but Ovies gets tiring. I get a little sick of hearing about how everyone sucks and all coaches are jerks.

Having said all that I would agree as well with Joe's comment - "by default". We're most likely not the best team in the country right now, but we've taken over as #1 b/c we've been playing well enough lately to be in that position.