PDA

View Full Version : FB prospect Tyree Watkins picks Duke

doctorhook
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
I read on the N/O blog that Tyree Watkins changed his comittment from UVA to Duke after Groh Jr was fired. He is ranked the number 15 prospect in NJ by rivals. Great wide receiver addition. Sorry, no link. Doc

brevity
01-26-2009, 07:50 PM
All I could find so far was a blurb in Scout/The Devils Den:

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=2&c=833605

Not a member, so I don't know the details.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Good news indeed! Watzone, you have any more details? I'm pretty sure you do!

CameronBornAndBred
01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Great news, can always use more hands in the receiver corps. Love to hear about a recruit dropping an ACC school for us, too.

watzone
01-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Watkins is a wideout who really like his Duke visit. Even though he had given UVA a verbal - it was obviously a soft one. Watkins and a couple of other seniors joined quite a few juniors on campus. They attended the Maryland game, checked out campus and got to know the staff. Watkins is the 27th recruit to sign for Duke. There is a signing day function next Wednesday through the Iron Dukes and I hope some of you attend.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Watkins is a wideout who really like his Duke visit. Even though he had given UVA a verbal - it was obviously a soft one. Watkins and a couple of other seniors joined quite a few juniors on campus. They attended the Maryland game, checked out campus and got to know the staff. Watkins is the 27th recruit to sign for Duke. There is a signing day function next Wednesday through the Iron Dukes and I hope some of you attend.
I'll be there. Perhaps there will be an opportunity to meet you, watzone!

killerleft
01-27-2009, 09:29 AM
More great news! Go Duke Football!

billybreen
01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Excellent news. I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Cut can do with a more talented base.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Excellent news. I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Cut can do with a more talented base.
Come on down! The weather and the tailgates are great! And football's fun again!