PDA

View Full Version : 3-Pt Shooting Improving

roywhite
01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
This was a concern early in the year, but is improving.

Through 19 games, team now shooting 35.2%
Singler 34.5%
Henderson 47.1% (!)
Scheyer 38.0%
Nolan Smith 37.3%
Paulus 33.9%

EWill (2-11) and Marty Pocius (3-22) bring the team % down.

Shot selection on the 3's seems to be better; good ball movement on the perimeter, and often the shots come from inside/outside exchanges.

A good sign heading forward.

Cameron
01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Not to be negative toward a player or anything, but why does Marty continue to shoot from three like that's his best trait? The kid has great athleticism and a great driving game when he plays under control; I just wish he'd use it more. Every time he gets a chance to play extended minutes, he just seems to float around the semi-circle like he's Dale Ellis.

I don't understand this. Maybe someone could help me.

And I have no idea why Olek shot multiple treys today. He wasn't a three-point shooter at all in high school was he?

I would have loved to have seen Olek get an opportunity at an oop, though. That would have been sweet.

jv001
01-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Not to be negative toward a player or anything, but why does Marty continue to shoot from three like that's his best trait? The kid has great athleticism and a great driving game when he plays under control; I just wish he'd use it more. Every time he gets a chance to play extended minutes, he just seems to float around the semi-circle like he's Dale Ellis.

I don't understand this. Maybe someone could help me.

And I have no idea why Olek shot multiple treys today. He wasn't a three-point shooter at all in high school was he?

I would have loved to have seen Olek get an opportunity at an oop, though. That would have been sweet.

I agree. No wait, I said I was not going to say anything negative about todays game. Go Duke!