PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Maryland

Jumbo
01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Who was the Man of the Match vs. Maryland?

geraldsneighbor
01-24-2009, 01:56 PM
17 10 and 4 for G today in not alot of time. He is my vote, again.

captmojo
01-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Vasquez?

Abby Waner!

No. Greg Paulus. He kept the team on focus.

RainingThrees
01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
G or Zoubs. I picked G because of those 3's he buried but it could have gone either way.

trey
It's gotta be Zoubs. He was the initial spark in the first half.

Faison1
I voted for Zoubs.....not as big a stat line as some, but made a big difference in setting the tone, and probably one of his better performances so far.....way to go Big Guy!! Build on this one!!

CameronBornAndBred
01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Brian Zoubek had his first domination of an ACC game. He was great, on all sides. Defense, rebounding, scoring, passing. Great game for the team and a great contribution from Zoubek.

pamtar
01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Z was one rebound and one point from a 2/2. Add to that four blocks, three assist and a steal. He earned it.

Madrasdukie
01-24-2009, 02:00 PM
G for me. With the exception of one shot, I think he had an efficient and effective floor game.

devildownunder
01-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Pretty much everyone played well in this one but I went with Big Z. His size, aggressiveness and hustle really took Maryland out of their game, right from the start. Let's hope he gains confidence from this and starts to contribute more consistently.

3rd Dukie
01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Brian Zoubek had his first domination of an ACC game. He was great, on all sides. Defense, rebounding, scoring, passing. Great game for the team and a great contribution from Zoubek.

I gotta go with you on this one, on all counts!!!

Karl Beem
01-24-2009, 02:02 PM
The big guy dominated.

jv001
01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Voted for Zoubs. He set the tone early for this game. Scored, rebounded, defended, assisted on baskets. Just an excellent all around game after 3 subpar games. Now that it to the Wake game Zoubs. We need you. Go Duke!

RepoMan
01-24-2009, 02:14 PM
I should have voted for Zoubs. He really set the tone. I was momentarily blinded by G filling the stat box again. If mods can change my vote to Zoub, please do so. Thx

Johnboy
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
23 assists on 30 FGs? Awesome. and excellent team Defense throughout.
Individually, G was also marvelous, but I had to give my vote to Zoubek. The big guy played the game of his life out there today, especially in setting the tone early.

What a great win.

CarterTheGreat
01-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Just because this opportunity may never present itself again!!!!;)

BlueintheFace
01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Z for setting the tone on both ends of the floor in the first 5 minutes. His stats were pretty awesome too.

bludvlman
01-24-2009, 02:29 PM
I voted for Gerald b/c had he played the rest of the game he would have had atleast 25.

should_be_working
01-24-2009, 02:36 PM
All of the above needs to be an option

Ben63
01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Zoubs. He plays better and better. Also had a few very nice passes today to go along with his scoring and defense.

Jumbo
01-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Vasquez?

Abby Waner!

No. Greg Paulus. He kept the team on focus.

I thought about adding Vasquez, Gary and "Maryland" as options. Then I decided I didn't want to tempt karma.

camion
01-24-2009, 03:10 PM
TEAM.

Everyone contributed to this one and no one played more than 24 minutes.

dukeballer2294
01-24-2009, 03:11 PM
What Happened To Jordan Davidson? I remember seeing him earlier this year and in the media guide.

Native
01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I can't vote today. I thought this was a solid team win; everyone contributed and added something to the victory. Players that did stand out to me were G and Zoubek, but everyone did their part.

mgtr
01-24-2009, 03:30 PM
ZZ tops! The top guys all did well, but Zoubs is the man. Great improvement.

phaedrus
01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
If Zoubek had stopped playing after the first 5 minutes, it would still have been the best game of his career.

Diddy
01-24-2009, 03:32 PM
I voted for Hendo, cause his overall stat line is what every player should aspire to. That said, Zoubs, and Lance, played very good games today. Zoubs had some great bursts. But, as a previous poster said, we need consistency. It won't always be THIS good, but the opponents front lines won't always be THIS bad. (Seriously, there are like 3 High ACC caliber players on UMD's squad). If Zoubs can just be solid, every game, Duke will be fine. Same with Lance.

Plumlee's D was good, but his O shows me why he isn't playing more. But today should be a good shot in the arm for him.

jv001
01-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I voted for Hendo, cause his overall stat line is what every player should aspire to. That said, Zoubs, and Lance, played very good games today. Zoubs had some great bursts. But, as a previous poster said, we need consistency. It won't always be THIS good, but the opponents front lines won't always be THIS bad. (Seriously, there are like 3 High ACC caliber players on UMD's squad). If Zoubs can just be solid, every game, Duke will be fine. Same with Lance.

I really like Gerald and I agree he's playing probably the best, but I think that Zoubek got the game off to a great start for Duke. I know that it won't always be THIS good but it was today. The vote is everyone's opinion of who the MOTM is(that game). To me it's not always the guy with the best stats. Sorry but just my opinion. Go Duke!

Cameron
01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I gave it to Jon for lofting in four triples. After the shooting rut he's been in recently, those shots were great to see.

He started the game off with a bang-bang spurt of triples, and that really got our offensive game rolling.

Zoubek did a wonderful job today as well. And Gerald was January Gerald. Good to see.

Acymetric
01-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Gotta be the big Z. If he played a full game he's pushing a triple-double (certainly would have gotten the double-double, and I'm guessing 6+ blocks). If not Z I would have given it to G, who again had a fantastic game.

CathyCA
01-24-2009, 07:34 PM
I vote for "all of the above." What a solid team effort our guys put forth today!

SilkyJ
01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Gerald's jumpshot. I mean this is just getting silly. He has range, he has versatility hitting off the dribble, moving without the ball, and hits it everywhere from 10-22 feet. I think there is no question that our biggest strength and surprise in the second half of our season (so far) is Gerald's jump shot. I know I'm sold (nolan's shooting is improved too)

In the last few, Greg has shown some of the midrange jumper we've seen flashes of the last 2 years. If he continues to hit that, its another dimension for us.

BTW, even though its minor, the extended three point line has opened up some more space in the 15-18 foot range, and we have guys with serious mid-range games, and I think our guys are starting to figure out how to take advantage of that space. We are very good right now, but we are still getting better, and that is scarrry.

killerleft
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Da Zoubs. He keeps getting better. We're gonna all wish he'd gotten a medical redshirt one of his first two years.

davekay1971
01-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Gary Williams

Newton_14
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Gerald's jumpshot. I mean this is just getting silly. He has range, he has versatility hitting off the dribble, moving without the ball, and hits it everywhere from 10-22 feet. I think there is no question that our biggest strength and surprise in the second half of our season (so far) is Gerald's jump shot. I know I'm sold (nolan's shooting is improved too)

In the last few, Greg has shown some of the midrange jumper we've seen flashes of the last 2 years. If he continues to hit that, its another dimension for us.

BTW, even though its minor, the extended three point line has opened up some more space in the 15-18 foot range, and we have guys with serious mid-range games, and I think our guys are starting to figure out how to take advantage of that space. We are very good right now, but we are still getting better, and that is scarrry.

I could not agree with you more on all points. Each time the ball leaves Gerald's hand now I believe it is going in. He is also starting to drive the ball more from the corner, which in my opinion is where he is most dangerous. He is almost unstoppable coming from that spot on the floor. Plus he is really playing well in all phases of the game. Very fun to watch.

And best of all, this team has still not played their best ball yet. They are still figuring it out on the offensive end. I would love to see a stretch of games where Gerald, Kyle, Jon, Nolan, and Greg all play at a high level on the offensive end. Combine that with how this team plays defense and they would really put the hurt on any team they play...

gep
01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I would love to see a stretch of games where Gerald, Kyle, Jon, Nolan, and Greg all play at a high level on the offensive end.

And... don't forget our MOTM... Brian Z. His presence, at least, should enhance the high level that those 5 can reach:)