PDA

View Full Version : Football Signing Day Celebration

Acymetric
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Anybody else planning to go? From what I've gathered, its on February 4th, and it starts at 5:30 and costs 15 dollars per person. You have to RSVP I believe, not sure who you need to contact though.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm going. Wouldn't miss it!

OZZIE4DUKE
01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
I've gone the last two years, but will be in LA this time, so I'm going to miss it. I really enjoyed it last year, meeting Coach Cut and all! Y'all should go!

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Let's keep this thread up at the top.

Football Signing Day is becoming a great day for Duke. I'm having fun with basketball right now, but look forward to hearing Coach Cutcliffe again. Come on out! You'll have a great time!

Acymetric
01-27-2009, 10:55 PM
What kind of event is this. Is it the kind of thing where you sit down at an assigned spot at a table, or is it like an open room with people just mingling or what?

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
What kind of event is this. Is it the kind of thing where you sit down at an assigned spot at a table, or is it like an open room with people just mingling or what?
After checking in at the registration table, there will be some mingling during the feeding, but everyone will find a seat at one of the tables where they can see a screen which will display the videos and whatever else will be displayed. At some point Coach Cutcliffe and the staff will come in. Coach Cutcliffe will then hold court. His descriptions are entertaining and enlightening! His stories are priceless!

killerleft
01-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Too bad it's on a weekday, but perhaps I can make it. Sounds like fun! I'd love to hear Coach Cutcliffe in person.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Too bad it's on a weekday, but perhaps I can make it. Sounds like fun! I'd love to hear Coach Cutcliffe in person.
It starts at 5:30P with hors d'oeuvres. Coach Cutcliffe starts his presentation around 6P. You'll probably be home in time for the Clemson game which will be telecast at 9P.

Acymetric
01-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm hoping to go, but so far can't talk anybody else into going. Sounds like it'll be a good time. I wonder if we'll be seeing one more big commit before then (or on signing day!)? If I recall correctly we still have one spot open in this recruiting class, but I wouldn't expect us to just take a guy to fill the class unless he was good. Save the scholly for next year, right?

rockymtn devil
01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
This isn't directly on point, but it fits in with the theme of this thread (lots of alliteration there).

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Content/Article.mxp/ArticleID-3c68f770-aa07-489c-97e2-c521b0205534/cache-false

Discussion of Walt Canty, a Duke commit who, according to the article, flew under the radar of bigger programs but should be a great player for the Devils.

TillyGalore
01-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Anyone going to the signing day soiree next Wednesday evening at the Hilton in Durham?.

Thank you mod(s) for joining my thread with this one. :-))

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone going to the signing day soiree next Wednesday evening at the Hilton in Durham?.

Thank you mod(s) for joining my thread with this one. :-))

I'll be there!

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-31-2009, 06:32 PM
The past few days have brought us some great conference basketball games. While we are enjoying the basketball season, Coach Cutcliffe is preparing to unveil the next group of signees for football. National Signing Day is Wednesday. Can't wait!

GO DUKE!!!!!

buddy
01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
I've already signed up. Went last year and really enjoyed it. Coach Cut is very personable and entertaining, and very approachable as well. The coaching staff are friendly. Had a great discussion with Mark McIntyre last year, even though I had no idea what he was talking about when he got to Xs and Os. But he is very enthusiastic. Y'all come.

watzone
02-04-2009, 09:40 AM
As of 9:30, 20 LOI's are in hand. Duke expects 27 total. Mike Marry picked Ole Miss - he was a LB Duke had hoped might sign. Cutcliffe will address the media around 1:00 and will be involved with an Iron Duke function starting at 5:00 today to furter celebrate the in coming class. Overall, Duke has a very nice class for the staff to work with.

blazindw
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM
That is AWESOME! Welcome all new Dukies!

And, I'm ecstatic that the Spring Game will be during Reunion Weekend this year. Good on Cutcliffe to make sure that the alumni (like myself - 5th year reunion!) who are coming back can see the team and see all the great things that will happen in the fall.

watzone
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
They are now up to 24 and most of the big names are in. I am looking forward to the PC in two hours or so.

jacalcio18
02-04-2009, 12:01 PM
How many commits can we take this year? It looks like all our verbals signed LOIs but we have other people offered still who have yet to commit anywhere? Watzone, any comments?

MulletMan
02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Seems appropriate to the discussion... (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/acc/0-3-549/Duke-recruiting-gets-boost-from-Cutcliffe-s-first-season.html)

BTW, our class looks good.

RainingThrees
02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
This ESPN link has evaluations for Duke commits and videos for several of the players like Desmond Scott.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=150&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d150

watzone
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1729

Cut quotes part I. Overall he is pleased and seemed relieved it's over. He's already working the next two years.

OldPhiKap
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1729

Cut quotes part I. Overall he is pleased and seemed relieved it's over. He's already working the next two years.

Great stuff, Watzone. Thanks!

RelativeWays
02-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm really excited for this upcoming season. I'm still not quite expecting a bowl yet, just continued improvement, and that should translate to a 4-6 win season or possibly more. I will be at the spring scrimmage fo sho

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
This event was very well attended. The format used last year (round tables surrounded by chairs filling a ballroom) had to be changed so that more people could be seated (auditorium style rows of seats). The films showed players with speed, size, skill and more speed. Four of the recruits enrolled this semester.

Season's tickets are now on sale on goduke.com. As a special promotion for the month of February, the processing fee will be waived on ticket orders. (I think that the promotion ends at the end of the month. Maybe someone else who attended can verify this)

Spring Scrimmage will be April 18 at 1:30P. See you there!

jjasper0729
02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
went to spring game last year with my son and it was a blast for him and to see all the enthusiasm on the field and in the stands... hope they do the same this year...

unfortunately, there's no home baseball game this year to make it a full day

killerleft
02-05-2009, 01:35 PM
I wish I could have been there at the signing day party. Great to see that all of our players signed up as expected. Especially since the basketball talk is kinda negative right now.

I'm ready for the spring game!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I wish I could have been there at the signing day party. Great to see that all of our players signed up as expected. Especially since the basketball talk is kinda negative right now.

I'm ready for the spring game!

National Signing Day is getting to be a reunion of the faithful.

As a note to all:
For anyone contemplating buying football tickets, they're on sale now. Buy your season tickets this month and the processing fee is waived.

Acymetric
02-05-2009, 04:00 PM
National Signing Day is getting to be a reunion of the faithful.

As a note to all:
For anyone contemplating buying football tickets, they're on sale now. Buy your season tickets this month and the processing fee is waived.

You would think there would be something up on goduke.com or something. Thanks for the info.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
You would think there would be something up on goduke.com or something. Thanks for the info.

Coach Cutcliffe announced last night that season's tickets can now be purchased on goduke.com. Go to the drop down menu under tickets.

Want a good read before Spring Scrimmage? Try Louis Bowling's book on Wallace Wade.

Acymetric
02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Coach Cutcliffe announced last night that season's tickets can now be purchased on goduke.com. Go to the drop down menu under tickets.

Want a good read before Spring Scrimmage? Try Louis Bowling's book on Wallace Wade.

Right, but I figure there ought to be a banner up on the front page to encourage people to buy tickets. People not at the celebration would have no idea tickets were on sale unless they checked the tickets page regularly.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Right, but I figure there ought to be a banner up on the front page to encourage people to buy tickets. People not at the celebration would have no idea tickets were on sale unless they checked the tickets page regularly.
I, too, am puzzled by the lack of publicity, but did want to pass it on to readers on this board.

Acymetric
02-06-2009, 12:36 AM
I, too, am puzzled by the lack of publicity, but did want to pass it on to readers on this board.

Awesome, same here. I've filled in a few people I know, so thanks for the update!

watzone
02-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey football fans! This is the first in 27 profiles with quotes we'll have on the newcomers. Meet John Drew, an anchor of a prospect - http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1742