PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson vs. John Wall?

houstondukie
01-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Would you rather Duke have Senior Gerald Henderson or Freshmen John Wall?

I think almost everyone would agree on Gerald, especially with the way he has been playing as of late.

But, in my opinion, the ONLY way John Wall comes to Duke, if he comes at all, is if Gerald Henderson leaves for the NBA.

Based on this, I am assuming that Wall will not start next year if he comes to Duke (I just can't see Nolan Smith coming off the bench next year, especially with his defensive talents. And you're crazy if you think Scheyer of Henderson is coming off the bench). And, I'm also assuming that Wall is not cool with coming off the bench. Of course, I am also obviously assuming Duke will eventually extend an offer to Wall.

If G does leave, I think Duke has a great shot of getting Wall. If G stays, then I think Wall goes elsewhere. Since Wall is waiting until the spring, he can wait on G to make his decision first.

Just my opinion. What's yours?

PLEASE, don't turn this into a yes/no John Wall starts next year? or yes/no Gerald Henderson will go pro? debate.

geraldsneighbor
01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not even reading your post. Gerald.

Namtilal
01-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Are you serious?

G.

CarterTheGreat
01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Having seen both play live, there is no comparison. I do not believe Wall would even come close to starting over G. And I don't think he handles the ball as well as Nolan. So, there ya go. If Wall comes to Duke, I think he will have a huge impact b/c he is a tough defensive matchup, but I just don't see him starting, right out of the gate at least, but again, look what happened with GP this year. Nothing is impossible.

houstondukie
01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I agee with those that say G over Wall. I even said in my original post that most people would take G over John Wall.

My question should be re-phrased:

Do you agree with me that it ultimately comes down to getting one or the other, because there is no way we can get both?

shadowfax336
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I agee with those that say G over Wall. I even said in my original post that most people would take G over John Wall.

My question should be re-phrased:

Do you agree with me that it ultimately comes down to getting one or the other, because there is no way we can get both?
I think its pretty pointless to even try and debate this question since none of us have any clue about whats going on in Walls head right now, or what the most important factors in his decision are.

houstondukie
01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I think its pretty pointless to even try and debate this question since none of us have any clue about whats going on in Walls head right now, or what the most important factors in his decision are.

I think it has some relevance if only because if we knew G was coming back next year, we could pretty much rule out Wall. Of course, nobody knows what G is thinking either.

Cell-R
01-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Gerald Henderson, easy answer!

Jumbo
01-24-2009, 12:47 AM
This is going nowhere. If you'd like to discuss Wall's recruitment, there is a thread for that.