PDA

View Full Version : Coffee? Tea?

EarlJam
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Which of the following has more "kick" to you? I honestly can't tell but I'm leaning towards the tea.

1) Caffeinated Coffee
2) Caffeinated Earl Grey Tea?

I just recently re-discovered the latter, and enjoy it.

-EarlGreyJam

devildeac
01-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Which of the following has more "kick" to you? I honestly can't tell but I'm leaning towards the tea.

1) Caffeinated Coffee

-EarlGreyJam

IIRC, a 12 ounce cuppa Joe has about 120 mg of caffeine. Unless, it's Starbucks, which I think I read one time, has >200 mg:eek:. I believe most teas have about 1/2 the amount of caffeine. Coke has started listing their caffeine content and my daily Diet Coke has 48 mg caffeine. (sometimes I drink 2:o) Distant memory also says that Diet/Mt. Dews have about 55 mg in a 12 ounce serving.

Why not Earl JAM teas:rolleyes:?

EarlJam
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Thanks! Good info. I guess coffee wins.

As for my teas, I’m still trying to perfect my original product, which is due to hit grocery store shelves on Dec. 25, 2009. It’s a line of cheese products with the perfect flavors, the perfect taste, the perfect texture all combining to “save” any meal of dull flavor.

I will call the line, “Cheeses Christ.” :rolleyes::D

-EarlJam

aimo
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM

1) Caffeinated Coffee

-EarlGreyJam

I recommend Tazo Awake and PG Tips for a kick.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
IIRC, a 12 ounce cuppa Joe has about 120 mg of caffeine. Unless, it's Starbucks, which I think I read one time, has >200 mg:eek:. I believe most teas have about 1/2 the amount of caffeine. Coke has started listing their caffeine content and my daily Diet Coke has 48 mg caffeine. (sometimes I drink 2:o) Distant memory also says that Diet/Mt. Dews have about 55 mg in a 12 ounce serving.

Does the caffeine level of tea go up with how long it brews? I've noticed that brewing loose leaf vs bagged tea increases the density and depth of the flavor.

killerleft
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks! Good info. I guess coffee wins.

As for my teas, I’m still trying to perfect my original product, which is due to hit grocery store shelves on Dec. 25, 2009. It’s a line of cheese products with the perfect flavors, the perfect taste, the perfect texture all combining to “save” any meal of dull flavor.

I will call the line, “Cheeses Christ.” :rolleyes::D

-EarlJam

Yeah, yeah, and don't forget "What a Friend We Have in Cheeses".

EarlJam
01-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, yeah, and don't forget "What a Friend We Have in Cheeses".

WWCD?

One of my flavored cheeses will have lots of fruit in it with a touch of brown sugar. It will be called, "Sweet Cheeses!"

-EJ

Fish80
01-22-2009, 01:06 PM
WWCD?

One of my flavored cheeses will have lots of fruit in it with a touch of brown sugar. It will be called, "Sweet Cheeses!"

-EJ

And the swiss variety . . . "Holy Cheeses!"

aimo
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Does the caffeine level of tea go up with how long it brews? I've noticed that brewing loose leaf vs bagged tea increases the density and depth of the flavor.

Supposedly, the caffeine comes out at first brew. So, if you want lower caffeine, brew a bag for one cup, pour it out, then brew again. I leave the bag in the entire time I'm drinking, so it's really strong.

EarlJam
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
And the swiss variety . . . "Holy Cheeses!"

As Bob Harris would say, "Bottommmmmmmmmmmmmmmms!"

Good one!

-EJ

Fish80
01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Let's not forget about the

Magic Cheese (http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE50J78920090120?feedType=nl&feedName=usoddlyenough)

sue71, esq
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm sitting here waiting for someone to reply with the old stewardess line:

(Coffee, Tea)

... Or Me? :D:D:D

allenmurray
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
speaking of caffiene

http://www.newsobserver.com/134/story/1377387.html

camion
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm reminded of the song we used to sing in church when I was a child, "Bringing in the Cheese."

Mr Blue Devil
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I cannot drink coffee. It sends me running for the men's room!!

OZZIE4DUKE
01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I cannot drink coffee. It sends me running for the men's room!!
TMI! But welcome to the boards and enjoy Saturday!

DukeUsul
01-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Coffee. All day. Like an IV. But I've switched to half-caf to keep the heart from racing.

devildeac
01-23-2009, 07:51 AM

A guess would say yes but I don't think I have ever read an analysis of this:o.

devildeac
01-23-2009, 07:53 AM

(Coffee, Tea)

One of each...:D

BlueDevilBaby
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM

(Coffee, Tea)

"Sir, here's your paper bag, blech."

sue71, esq
01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
One of each...:D

You sly dog, you. :eek::p;)

sue71, esq
01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Have I ever mentioned my vanilla tea? I love my vanilla tea. It's regular tea with crushed vanilla bean in the teabag too. Mmmmm. Just add a wee bit of sugar. Mmm mmm good stuff.

Lavabe
01-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Have I ever mentioned my vanilla tea? I love my vanilla tea. It's regular tea with crushed vanilla bean in the teabag too. Mmmmm. Just add a wee bit of sugar. Mmm mmm good stuff.

As an alternative, whenever I get back from Madagascar (w/vanilla beans), I split open a bean, and take the strands, complete with all the specks, and put the strands in the sugar container. In a little time, the sugar gets a distinct vanilla flavor.

Always use the semi-dried vanilla beans. They are dried with a bourbon/rum sort of concoction in Madagascar.

From time to time, I'll use the vanilla sugar in my rooibos chai. YUMM.