PDA

View Full Version : HUGE favor for tonights game!

redick4pres
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I am wondering if any other Duke fans on here are in the same boat as myself...we have several inches of snow, thus my satelite is completely covered. Obviously that means I can't get a signal and it happens to be on a part of our roof that I can't get to so easily in the snow to get it cleaned off. So I've already conceded the fact that I won't be able to watch the Devils tonight, but I was wondering if someone on the board would keep people up to date with what's going on since like I said, I'm probably not the only one. Or maybe the regular game thread will be laced with the running score every couple minutes. If anyone minds helping, please let me know! Thanks!

Kedsy
01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I am wondering if any other Duke fans on here are in the same boat as myself...we have several inches of snow, thus my satelite is completely covered. Obviously that means I can't get a signal and it happens to be on a part of our roof that I can't get to so easily in the snow to get it cleaned off. So I've already conceded the fact that I won't be able to watch the Devils tonight, but I was wondering if someone on the board would keep people up to date with what's going on since like I said, I'm probably not the only one. Or maybe the regular game thread will be laced with the running score every couple minutes. If anyone minds helping, please let me know! Thanks!

There's usually a game tracker you can get to from the GoDuke site. I believe you can link to it from http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&KEY=&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726. It updates the score after every basket and gives you a play-by-play as well.

redick4pres
01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I've watched the tracker before, but it's pretty hard to keep up with who's playing well and who's not and all. I guess I'll watch that and get on the game thread, don't know what else to do! Thanks for the suggestion. I've had to watch football games on the tracker before, but never thought I'd have to catch a basketball game on there! LOL

devildeac
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM

Join us in snrub chat tonite!

redick4pres
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Is that chat any different from the regular game thread? If so, how do I get to it?

Reisen
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
a REAL Duke fan would clean the snow off the roof/dish! If you're not physically up to it, maybe ask a friend / neighbor for help?

What about watching it at a bar / restaurant?

Dukiedevil
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
If you have high speed internet, watch it on ESPN 360

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/beta/schedule

Not a pay site

redick4pres
01-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Don't question my love for the Dukies! I love them as much as anyone, but I'm not going to risk my life getting on my roof with 6 or so inches of snow up there. If we could get out of my neighborhood, we'd try to go to a bar or something to watch the game. Nice try!

Kedsy
01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
If you have high speed internet, watch it on ESPN 360

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/beta/schedule

Not a pay site

But ESPN 360 only works if your cable provider is "ESPN360 affiliated," which mine isn't, I'm sad to say.

DukePA
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
But ESPN 360 only works if your cable provider is "ESPN360 affiliated," which mine isn't, I'm sad to say.

Please join us in the snrubchat. We'll be happy to give you updates.

redick4pres
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
What is the snrub chat? I'd love to join in, but not sure what it is!

Bob Green
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
What is the snrub chat? I'd love to join in, but not sure what it is!

http://www.snrub.com

RelativeWays
01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I thought this thread would be about the moratorium on green shirts in CIS tonight. Join the gang in snrub, don't wear green (or red...if you're colorblind).

wisteria
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Regarding ESPN360, if you yourself or someone you know are affiliated to a school (university), you can use a software called VPN to connect your home computer to university network. Then you can watch ESPN360 at home even if your home network isn't affiliated to ESPN360.

I do this all the time. Most of Duke's games are on ESPN360, so I watch the game replay on it. You can watch the game replay within 30 days.

DukeFanInTerpLand
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Try this link. I haven't used it before, but will be trying tonight since the game in not on TV here.

Link (http://www.raycomsports.com/Swarmcast/index.php)

juise
01-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Try this link. I haven't used it before, but will be trying tonight since the game in not on TV here.

Link (http://www.raycomsports.com/Swarmcast/index.php)

Just in case others westerners got as excited by that as I did:

"Our apologies, but Raycom Sports can only distribute our telecasts to the states of ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, MD-DC, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL."

For the rest of you, enjoy!

Neals384
01-20-2009, 07:26 PM

OK, this is a really bad thing to do, but in an emergency (like a Duke game), I have had good luck using a hose to wash the snow off my dish. Put the hose on "jet" setting and melt that snow off the dish.

Please realize that your roof is already supporting the extra weight of the snow, so adding water is really not smart...and it won't work if the temp is much below freezing...

But I have done it and it works.

DukeFanInTerpLand
01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Just in case others westerners got as excited by that as I did:

"Our apologies, but Raycom Sports can only distribute our telecasts to the states of ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, MD-DC, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL."

For the rest of you, enjoy!

Sorry guys! Didn't realize that.

91_92_01_10_15
01-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Listen to Bob Harris and the gang here, if you like:

http://www.wsfl.com/index.php?page=0

redick4pres
01-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Something seems to be wrong with Raycom Sports website.

bludvlman
01-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I downloading Espn 360 and I can get the Illinois game but the Duke game it says "coming up next". But there is 15mins left in the other game that can't be correct.

correction: its now working.

DukeFanInTerpLand
01-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Stream quality was FANTASTIC, fyi. For you east coasters, this is a good option if your local channel doesn't carry the Devils.

arnie
01-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't question my love for the Dukies! I love them as much as anyone, but I'm not going to risk my life getting on my roof with 6 or so inches of snow up there. If we could get out of my neighborhood, we'd try to go to a bar or something to watch the game. Nice try!

Not much of a fan - suprised he went to the trouble to login.

brianl
01-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks 91 92 01 for the link to WSFL. I was able to get their broadcast over the internet.

redick4pres
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Just so everyone knows, I finally started putting hot water in a pot and throwing it up on the roof at the satelite. It did melt enough snow and ice off to get a reception and so I did get to see the game last night! Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions! To all those who questioned my "fanhood", take it somewhere else!

Cameron
01-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Why were we questioning this guy's fanhood, anyway?

Would I have tried my best to climb up on the roof and get the snow removed? Probably. But, not if it was going to kill me or shatter limbs during a fall. It sounded like this guy had a legit issue. Sheesh.

Glad you could watch the game, redick. (Next time, maybe you could borrow a neighbor's extended ladder or something.)