PDA

View Full Version : Has Josh signed with an agent?

Kewlswim
04-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi,

Has Josh decided to sign with an agent? If so, does anyone know the agent he picked? I apologize if this has already been discussed. I have not combed through each thread or read every article presented regarding Josh's decision.

GO DUKE!

PS Good luck Josh.

kydevil
04-04-2007, 01:30 PM
From what I have heard he has not signed with an agent but is expected to do so shortly... correct me if I'am wrong.

CMS2478
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
From what I have heard he has not signed with an agent but is expected to do so shortly... correct me if I'am wrong.

I think that is correct. The News and Observer said he intended to, but I can't find anywhere that says he has hired an agent or who it is.

ikiru36
04-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Has Josh decided to sign with an agent? If so, does anyone know the agent he picked? I apologize if this has already been discussed. I have not combed through each thread or read every article presented regarding Josh's decision.

GO DUKE!

PS Good luck Josh.

When he first announced, it was mentioned that he was close to signing with Arn Tellum. Given Tellum's former and current clients it seems that he'd be in decent hands. Haven't specifically heard any follow-up though, confirming that McRoberts'd officially signed.

IceyTundra
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
McRoberts has NOT signed with an agent, which says to me he still may be thinking of coming back. Probably not likely, but still possible.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
McRoberts has NOT signed with an agent, which says to me he still may be thinking of coming back. Probably not likely, but still possible.

Don't hold your breath for Josh to come back.

Kewlswim
04-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi,

I appreciate the responses. I don't think Josh is going to come back. I do think that this draft is loaded. I don't know that much about who is available next year so it might be loaded too.

GO DUKE!

Clipsfan
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I appreciate the responses. I don't think Josh is going to come back. I do think that this draft is loaded. I don't know that much about who is available next year so it might be loaded too.

GO DUKE!

We won't know how loaded this draft is until several key people declare (Oden, Durant, FLA players etc). Assuming that they all declare, which is likely, this draft is definitely loaded. Even so, position makes a big difference. For instance, Josh will potentially be competing against Horford and Durant etc. This draft is weaker for PGs, which is why Lawson may go this year, while next year should be a very strong year for PGs (Crittendon, Rose, Mayo etc).

Cameron
04-04-2007, 03:52 PM
First let me start off by saying that Josh is a very good player. He certainly didn't have the kind of year most thought he would, especially in terms of offensive productivity, but he is still a very, very good player nonethess. But, in all honesty, I don't really care that he's leaving. I was too frustrated this year watching him play one good game and then five horrible ones. Some games it really just didn't look like he wanted to be there. I don't want to go on anymore about this, but it's just how I feel.

With that said, though, I really do think Josh is contemplating right now whether he has made the right decision. He has to realize that he will struggle next season in the pros. I mean, there were some games in college this past year where he couldn't score, so what's going to happen when he's going up against Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace? I really do hope he succeeds at the next level, but I'm just not sure he is ready.

**Also, I hope this wasn't too critical a post. I know that you guys aren't big fans of being critical of our players here, but I thought this was pretty moderate. It's just what I feel. Sorry, though, if this is crossing the line or something. I didn't think it was, however.

johnnydakota
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
First let me start off by saying that Josh is a very good player. He certainly didn't have the kind of year most thought he would, especially in terms of offensive productivity, but he is still a very, very good player nonethess. But, in all honesty, I don't really care that he's leaving. I was too frustrated this year watching him play one good game and then five horrible ones. Some games it really just didn't look like he wanted to be there. I don't want to go on anymore about this, but it's just how I feel.

With that said, though, I really do think Josh is contemplating right now whether he has made the right decision. He has to realize that he will struggle next season in the pros. I mean, there were some games in college this past year where he couldn't score, so what's going to happen when he's going up against Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace? I really do hope he succeeds at the next level, but I'm just not sure he is ready.

**Also, I hope this wasn't too critical a post. I know that you guys aren't big fans of being critical of our players here, but I thought this was pretty moderate. It's just what I feel. Sorry, though, if this is crossing the line or something. I didn't think it was, however.

Yep, saying Josh was horrible 5 of every 6 games was moderate (Not to mention extremely astute).

Kewlswim
04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi,

OK, again I think Josh is gone. However, if he were to come back, is it fair to say he will probably be surrounded by "better" or at least "more experienced" players where he might be able to better showcase his skills and work on his offensive prowess? If he came back couldn't he make a case for being a lottery pick as opposed to a late first round or early second round pick, thus earning him more money?

GO DUKE!

PS I find talking about Josh, for some reason, more fun than all this Coach G business. I am sad she is gone, now I just want Duke to quickly move on and get a coach who wants to be at Duke.

JasonEvans
04-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Folks, he ain't coming back.

His high school coach says Josh is about to sign with an agent and that he has ruled out a return to Duke.

http://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/556238.html

-Jason "best of luck to Josh" Evans

Kewlswim
04-04-2007, 05:19 PM

His high school coach says Josh is about to sign with an agent and that he has ruled out a return to Duke.

Hi Jason,

I was just making a hypothetical question. If he was to come back would he be able to improve his draft status or if he is about where he would be next year.

GO DUKE!

johnnydakota
04-04-2007, 05:25 PM

Unfortunately, I think you're right. That "high school coach" only coached him his freshman year before getting fired and is a self-serving dirtbag. Why he needed to add his 2 cents is beyond me. The guy who followed him was much better. I was holding out hope Josh would wait until after the pre-draft camps to sign, but I think it's over.

Virginian
04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I personally think it would be awesome to have him back another year. He can be one of the top players in the college game. Why wouldn't we want him back?

wojcol
04-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Arn Tellem

dukeblue33
04-05-2007, 12:50 AM
i mean the articles said he was pretty close to signing and those were like 2 weeks ago. i dont know much about the nba process or anything but does it take a while to sign? i expect that it would have been confirmed or something by now. who knows maybe he's still thinking about it? ha wishful thinking im sure... interesting part of espn article on who should stay and who should go... sorry if its been posted: "Josh McRoberts, So., F, Duke
McRoberts has already said he's leaving Duke, but he'd be smart to reconsider. He's never lived up to his promise needs to show he can score consistently from the block. With better players around him next year, he could move into the top 10.
What He'll Do: Go"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bj_schecter/04/03/stay.go/index.html

and i dont know how reliable the mock drafts are... but nbadraft.net has him at 23... anyone think there's even a possibility he'll reconsider?

Cameron
04-05-2007, 02:02 AM
johnny:

Obviously I didn't truly mean Josh had 5 bad games in a row. Or at least I should say that is not how I intended it to come off, though it is written like that. Basically, I just meant to say that Josh frustrated me a lot last season with his consistent lack off offensive assertiveness. He did not have the greatest of years last season, and if you are a level headed fan you should be able to admit this. His shooting in terms of ugliness was only second to Joakim Noah of Florida. And he really needs to improve that shot if he is going to be successful at the next level.

Now I am sure I am wrong about not caring whether he comes back next season or not. Josh would only help our team next year, I'll be the first to admit that. That is pretty simple logic. But, I still have have that memory of his "progression" from a freshman to a sophomore fresh in the back of my mind, so it is easy to have the same feelings.

But, since it seems to be certain he is gone forever, I wish him all the luck in the world. He was a Blue Devil afterall, and will always have my support. I hope he can do well wherever he ends up. He has too much talent in him not to. It's just a matter of putting it all together (and improving that outside jumper).

6th Man
04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
McRoberts did sign with an agent so he is definitely not coming back. I am uncertain about how good/bad that is. How many times did we get the ball to Josh at the end of a game needing a big bucket and he could not finish? Also, the rumors circulate that he was not the favorite teammate in the locker room. Granted for playing like a guard instead of a big man, he did rebound fairly well and the one shot he could finish was an alley-oop or breakaway dunk. We are just so desperate for guys taller than 6'6". Wojo better get busy with Zoubek and Thomas. Still unsure as to why he is the big man coach. Have you noticed no big man has ever developed at Duke? I mean the big guys that were successful were studs coming in. They didn't need the coaching as much. I have yet to see a big guy improve leaps and bounds at Duke. They either transfer or ride the pine for four years. I sound a bit negative so maybe I will be surprised next year.