PDA

View Full Version : Duke Football anyone?

watzone
01-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Here is an off season article which covers recruiting, Wade improvements and more - http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1624

CameronBornAndBred
01-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the update, always nice to read about football improvements!

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Here is an off season article which covers recruiting, Wade improvements and more - http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1624
Thank you so much for this update. I've got the Spring Scrimmage on my calendar now and look forward to when tickets go on sale for next year. I'm already planning something for Homecoming with other alums and friends to get them back to campus for the Devil Walk and the game.

GO DUKE!

wolfpackdevil
01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you so much for this update. I've got the Spring Scrimmage on my calendar now and look forward to when tickets go on sale for next year. I'm already planning something for Homecoming with other alums and friends to get them back to campus for the Devil Walk and the game.

GO DUKE!

I'm already ready for the first tailgate of 2009! Hoping for a great year next year.

jimsumner
01-19-2009, 11:14 AM
"Will there be position changes?

You betcha."

Mark, are you channeling your inner Sarah Palin? Triangle-area moose should be forewarned. :)

OZZIE4DUKE
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Here are two pictures I took on Friday afternoon of the "construction" going on at the east side of Wallace Wade. Can't say I'm not disappointed that there isn't anything being built on the west side too.

Bluedog
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the great update! Just to nitpick...NC Central, James Madison, etc. are not Division 2 teams. They are Division 1. Just Division 1 - FCS instead of DI - FBS. ;)

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the great update! Just to nitpick...NC Central, James Madison, etc. are not Division 2 teams. They are Division 1. Just Division 1 - FCS instead of DI - FBS. ;)

It's all in the details, isn't it?

Acymetric
01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Here are two pictures I took on Friday afternoon of the "construction" going on at the east side of Wallace Wade. Can't say I'm not disappointed that there isn't anything being built on the west side too.

Thanks for the pics, good to see at least some work being done. They're improving the practice fields during the offseason too, right? I was thinking thats what I heard.

Hopefully things will pick up after this season as far as construction.

CameronBornAndBred
01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the pics, good to see at least some work being done. They're improving the practice fields during the offseason too, right? I was thinking thats what I heard.

Hopefully things will pick up after this season as far as construction.
From Watzone's article, the practice facilities and the Yoh center are the next on the list, which I'm assuming means next year. I'd rather they do the fields and more to Wade than the Yoh center, it's barely old enough to need more work.

Acymetric
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
From Watzone's article, the practice facilities and the Yoh center are the next on the list, which I'm assuming means next year. I'd rather they do the fields and more to Wade than the Yoh center, it's barely old enough to need more work.

Doesn't Cut want the practice facilities to be top priority? If so, they might get to those first to make them happy, especially if funds for multiple projects are limited with all the financial stuff. If you can only afford one project to work on for next year, probably should be the one the coach wants. I'm really looking forward to them seriously getting to work on Wade in its entirety. though.

RelativeWays
01-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Sweet. I'm excited for August. Even if we finish 4-8 or 5-7 again, as long as we are building towards true improvement, thats all that matters.