PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage- Tuesday vs NC State

terrih
01-19-2009, 12:49 AM
It doesn't appear the Tuesday game is on EPSN2 as the schedule on DBR indicates. I don't see it on ACC Select either as far as video. Anyone have other thoughts on a TV feed?

Thanks,
-Terri

Cameron
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Tuesday's game with NC State is on ESPN's Full Court package.

Cameron
01-19-2009, 12:55 AM
On a side note, considering Full Court will be carrying Raycom's casting of the game (which is a local CBS channel in the south, if I am correct), will any of Barack Obama Day interfere with the broadcast?

This was talked about on another thread and it got me kind of worried.

I hope to see our Devils in action!

terrih
01-19-2009, 11:13 AM
2/07 1:30 Miami Durham, NC RAY
3/03 8:00 Florida State Durham, N.C. RAY

Anyone know if these 2 games are also part of ESPN Full Court. When I look at the FC stuff, all i get is the schedule for the next couple of days. I would consider buying FC for these games (even though I will be at the FSU game in person).

Go Duke.

Cameron
01-19-2009, 11:29 AM
The Miami and Florida State games are also a part of the Full Court package.

That's why I ended up buying it in the end. (Greg Paulus Senior Day, how could I miss that;)).

should_be_working
01-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Would there be anywhere online to watch this?

jv001
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Has the State game on Raycom/ESPN2. Go Duke!

roywhite
01-19-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.my48.tv/sports/acc_bball.shtml

Listings for Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point indicate coverage on WMYV Channel 48 (also on cable and DirecTV) for the Duke/State game and also a number of other ACC games.

As someone else mentioned the Raycom games are not all in High-Def.

Seattledukie
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
For the few games that aren't nationally broadcasted I have been able to watch them on channelsurfing.net. The quality is great and no need to pay big $$'s for those few games you miss on the networks.

should_be_working
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
For the few games that aren't nationally broadcasted I have been able to watch them on channelsurfing.net. The quality is great and no need to pay big $$'s for those few games you miss on the networks.

Thank You! I'll give it a try.

geraldsneighbor
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Get your Espn360's ready folks

mgtr
01-19-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't know about other areas, but in central Florida the game is on WRBW, Channel 65. They have carried Raycom games in the past. This is an HD station, but I don't know if the game will be in HD. I can only suggest to others that they check independent stations in their area -- they might carry it.

DukieBoy
01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
The Miami and Florida State games are also a part of the Full Court package.

That's why I ended up buying it in the end. (Greg Paulus Senior Day, how could I miss that;)).

Since I have ESPN 360, then does that mean I will be able to watch these two games?

LetItBD08
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Get your Espn360's ready folks

I believe this is free on all college campuses. It definitely was at Duke.

DukeUsul
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
According to raycomsports.com (http://www.raycomsports.com/index.php/InfoCenter/upcoming-games.html), Duke/NCSU will be in HD.

Cameron
01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Since I have ESPN 360, then does that mean I will be able to watch these two games?

Yes, I believe so. From what I understand, any games that ESPN has available on its network stations -- ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Full Court, etc. -- are also available for viewing on ESPN360. I know the NC State game is on 360 for sure, and I suspect the remaining two Duke Full Court games (Miami and FSU) are as well.

Here is a link to ESPN360's scheduling:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/beta/schedule

DukeUsul
01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, I believe so. From what I understand, any games that ESPN has available on its network stations -- ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Full Court, etc. -- are also available for viewing on ESPN360. I know the NC State game is on 360 for sure, and I suspect the remaining two Duke Full Court games (Miami and FSU) are as well.

Here is a link to ESPN360's scheduling:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/beta/schedule

I believe this is true - however - if you are in a viewing area where you can get the game on regular TV, ESPN360 may block it. That happened to me when one of our (football?) games on broadcast TV was pre-empted by something, but ESPN360 was blacked-out anyway. I'm assuming you don't have a local broadcast by you so this wouldn't be an issue.

dukeblue1206
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
If you live in the Wilmington area it is on WECT channel 7. The NBC affliate. I am looking forward to it being a Raycom game for the simple fact that they just show the game and do not usually try to do any fancy, shall i say stupid, camera angles. And the G-man is doing the broadcast.

Cameron
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice to hear Gminski is coloring the game tonight -- love him. One of the great color analysts in the game, IMO. A little light humor here and there (mostly when he's bantering with long-time FSN partner Tim Brando), but he mostly concentrates on the game, which is how it should be.

Too many jerks nowadays try to become comics during the broadcast, thinking they're there to provide entertainment.

diesel
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Moonpie 23 says on another thread that the radio and TV people forecasting snow are “pawns of the MILK AND BREAD CONSORTIUM.”

I was under the impression that we, as Blue Devil supporters, are entitled to see every Duke game on national TV as a free public good.

But having just had to invest in ESPN’s Full Court service to get the NC State game and the other two games supposedly being broadcast in future by something called Raycom, I consider the latter to be another pawn-- of ESPN!

3rd Dukie
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
FWIW, this package is now available at the half season price, in case anyone cares.

UrinalCake
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I tried them a couple times with unimpressive results. The show or game that they have listed doesn't correspond to where the link takes you. One time I tried to watch a game and got taken to the local sportscenter broadcast, which was nice but not what I wanted and also felt illegal. Each link uses a different video codec, so you have to install all these different activex controls. If anyone has had better luck and could provide some pointers I'd appreciate it, as I am living without cable and am dying to see my team!

Cameron
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
If worst comes to worst, you can always catch Bob Harris and John Roth's version of the action on WSFL.com.

Channelsurfing.net hardly ever works anyway. It's best for NBA games.

Other than that, I don't think much else exists in regard to watching Duke online.

msdukie
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Here is the Raycom affiliate list, as it is a split game:

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011609aab.html

The game is in HD if your station has HD. The game is also on ESPN FullCourt and RaycomSports.com (free in ACC Country) and ESPN360 (free but blacked out in ACC Country if you get the game locally). On FullCourt, it is not in HD. At least according to DirecTV's schedule, the only HD Full Court games are the CBS regional games.

The schedules (Duke and ACC) originally said this game was also an outermarket ESPN2 game. That was an error in the schedule when it was released by the ACC and Duke.

msdukie
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
BTW, same deal with Miami and F$U, and both are RaycomHD games, though neither is a "split" game and will have more/different affiliates, and since Miami is a day game, it will not be on RaycomSports.com .

BluDevilGal
01-20-2009, 02:20 PM
For people in the Arlington, VA area, it looks like Comcast isn't showing this game. Any suggestions of a place to go out and watch it? Still new to the area. Thanks!

SilkyJ
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
For people in the Arlington, VA area, it looks like Comcast isn't showing this game. Any suggestions of a place to go out and watch it? Still new to the area. Thanks!

There's probably about a dozen places to watch, but when I lived there about 2 years ago I'd usually venture to the Ballston Common Mall and go to either Bailey's or Rock Bottom. Bailey's is bigger, more TVs, more of a pure sports bar, but I liked rock bottom b/c the food and beer is better (they are a microbrewery). On a tuesday night i bet it wont be too crowded so I'd head there...

77devil
01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
BTW, same deal with Miami and F$U, and both are RaycomHD games, though neither is a "split" game and will have more/different affiliates, and since Miami is a day game, it will not be on RaycomSports.com .

Hmm. So let me see if I get this right. ESPN makes a big deal of the UNC vs. Miami game last Saturday with College Gameday but doesn't even broadcast Duke vs. Miami. And it televises Duke at Florida State, where Duke lost twice in 3 previous seasons, but it doesn't broadcast the home game. Hmm.:mad:

Lord Ash
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I am really, really angry about this. Every darn schedule said ESPN2, everywhere, and I had been planning this night of relaxation and game watching for awhile, ESPECIALLY since it is State. What total CRAP.

Classof06
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
the game's on WATL (Ch. 36 on DirecTV).

4xduke
01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
LIVE ONLINE STREAMING: This season, Raycom will make all of its primetime ACC telecasts available for free online streaming on www.RaycomSports.com. This service is only available in the states of NC, SC, GA, FL, VA, MD-DC, MA, RI, ME, NH & VT.

dukeforester
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm in the Richmond, Va area and we get the Hoos vs Terps. Any suggestions on where to watch the real game tonight.

SilkyJ
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Hmm. So let me see if I get this right. ESPN makes a big deal of the UNC vs. Miami game last Saturday with College Gameday but doesn't even broadcast Duke vs. Miami. And it televises Duke at Florida State, where Duke lost twice in 3 previous seasons, but it doesn't broadcast the home game. Hmm.:mad:

Oh so now there's a national media bias against duke to go along with a local media bias? I mean come on, its not like people are still picking UNC to win it all after starting 0-2 in the ACC and losing to a god-aweful BC team or throwing up polls discussing the most hated Duke player of all time. I mean these are professionals we are dealing with.