PDA

View Full Version : Rumor that Duke wanted G gone

IceyTundra
04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
deleted original post

ohioguy2
04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
"primadonna" :confused: --I think not. The first time I met her, we had wandered into her practice--watched for awhile expecting to be asked to leave--on the contrary, she came over to us (two gray haired ex coaches), explained drills and sat and talked to us--one of the most friendly college coaches I have ever met, and I have talked to more than a few.

wilko
04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Theres little point in speaking ill of the dead... (so to speak)

Whats done is done. Gail moved on and so must we.
Name calling and mudslinging make all parties look bad regardless of the "why" this came to pass

In my opinion we blew it. So what if womens B-ball loses money. I think only a handfull of programs around the country MAKE money. Its a loss leader. It chief benefit is to give us Duke fans a warm fuzzy.

After this year ANY warm fuzzy would be welcome right about now.
Lacrosse
1st round bow out
McRoberts
Fla winning
Us finishing 3rd for PP (speculation, but what else can go wrong)
now Gail leaving...

Does anyone HAVE any good news to share... any at all?
I'd love to hear it..

unfounded rumors welcome too as long as they are positive

DukeUsul
04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd love to hear it..

Football starts soon!

CMS2478
04-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Football starts soon!

If we are talking DUKE FOOTBALL I don't know if that is exactly good news. :(

wilson
04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
I will corroborate the accounts of Coach G being personable, accomodating, and generally an excellent part of the Duke community. In the spring of '01, I was writing sports for the Chronicle, and I received an assignment for a lengthy feature on Rochelle Parent, a senior reserve at the time. Of course, part of that assignment entailed speaking to Coach G about Rochelle. She met me in the atrium of the Schwartz-Butters building, accompanied me up the elevator, and took me into her office, where she was nothing but helpful, personable, and encouraging to a somewhat wide-eyed freshman. I also covered a few women's games, and she always carried herself likewise on game day. I never saw anything to make me wish she wasn't part of our university, and I lament her departure today.

DukeUsul
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
If we are talking DUKE FOOTBALL I don't know if that is exactly good news. :(

Of course it is. We can only improve. We've got some young athletic quarterbacks and receivers, a new O-coordinator. Come on be positive!

CMS2478
04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Of course it is. We can only improve. We've got some young athletic quarterbacks and receivers, a new O-coordinator. Come on be positive!

Sorry to be pessamist............I will be positive (at least until we lose the first 2 or 3 games) then it is hard not to say "here we go again." :D

dockfan
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd love to hear it..

Jasmine Thomas (if she sticks with her commitment, as expected) is an absolute stud, and will have no problem stepping into Lindsey Harding's spot (though hopefully with some PG help from Mitch and E. Waner).

Chante Black will be healthy.

A healthy Chante Black, healthy Carrem Gay, and frosh Krystal Thomas will give Duke freakishly athletic and skilled post players.

Abby Waner, Wanisha Smith, Bridgette Mitchell, and Joy Cheek will be back and even better next year. Karima Christmas sounds like she'll help as well. The cupboard is still very full, for next year at least, assuming the signees stick with Duke.

feldspar
04-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Something tells me that if anyone in this scenario was a primadonna, it was Joe Alleva.

wilson
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Something tells me that if anyone in this scenario was a primadonna, it was Joe Alleva.

I don't really know how AD hiring & firing works, especially at a place that fancies itself an "academics first, athletics second" institution as does Duke. I have three questions:
1. Is some sort of inquiry/push toward possibly firing Alleva solely the domain of the prez, and if so, how responsive is Brodhead likely to be to the growing voices against Alleva?
2. When all is said and done, does anyone have a guesstimate as to the actual chances of Alleva being fired?
3. When is all of this likely to be addressed/resolved?

Anyone with any insight, your comments are appreciated.

HK Dukie
04-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Duke football is something to look forward to. I guarantee we will be at least as good as last season.

Now come on, how many sports team can you make a guarantee like that for?

NYC Duke Fan
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
In 1959 Harold Bradley left Duke to go to Texas as men's coach. He had been at Duke for about 10 years - coming after Gerry Gerard died. Seems we did OK in that replacement - we got Vic Bubas!

Before we do a Chicken Lickin, let's see who we get as a the new coack. All things work out as they should.

I loved Gail and am a Woman's game fan. Maybe both Gail & Duke need a fresh start. These things happen in life. I wish her the best and much success. I wish more of that for us. :)

I liked exactly where we were. I don't think that Duke needs a fresh start at all. Alleva blew it...PERIOD

bird
04-04-2007, 11:08 AM
I also have had a random contact with G. My wife and I provided a small courtesy to G once after a game, and she could not have been nicer, giving over the top effusive thanks and allowing herself to be drawn into a fairly detailed discussion of the game, treating our probably idiotic observations as worthy of consideration, etc.

wxyz
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't really know how AD hiring & firing works, especially at a place that fancies itself an "academics first, athletics second" institution as does Duke. I have three questions:
1. Is some sort of inquiry/push toward possibly firing Alleva solely the domain of the prez, and if so, how responsive is Brodhead likely to be to the growing voices against Alleva?
2. When all is said and done, does anyone have a guesstimate as to the actual chances of Alleva being fired?
3. When is all of this likely to be addressed/resolved?

Anyone with any insight, your comments are appreciated.

1. It is solely the domain of the prez, formally. The prez is constantly talking to a lot of different people, though, any of whom may influence his views. Trustees hire and fire presidents, so their views carry more weight.

2. My guesstimate is that it is not going to happen, unless Coach K takes away JA's protective umbrella. After all, there was the drunken boat crash at the worst possible moment, and the administration just circled the wagons. Women's basketball is minor in comparison.

3. Appointments like athletic director come and go on the opinion of the prez. It could be done in a day, or never. There is no schedule, and if anything happens (ever) it will be done in private with some sort of smooth PR, just like we see now with coach G who "just wanted a new challenge". Don't hold your breath waiting for a new AD. Right now the Duke admnistration wants some good news, just like we all do, and does not want any more controversy. They certainly do not want to annoy coach K.

IceyTundra
04-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Thank you Highlander - please do not credit this to the AD at all. This is not an effort to do spin control. I was merely reporting information I heard from a good source. And I had heard this well before there was talk of her leaving. I thought G was a great coach too and she appeared to be a great person from all i saw, especially the rapport she had with her players. But there is much more that goes on behind the scenes that casual or even die-hard fans dont know about. Of course she was nice and personable to every fan she came across - it's the other things we dont know about.
Now, lets go find another great coach to keep Duke basketball on top.

feldspar
04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Thank you Highlander - please do not credit this to the AD at all. This is not an effort to do spin control. I was merely reporting information I heard from a good source. And I had heard this well before there was talk of her leaving. I thought G was a great coach too and she appeared to be a great person from all i saw, especially the rapport she had with her players. But there is much more that goes on behind the scenes that casual or even die-hard fans dont know about. Of course she was nice and personable to every fan she came across - it's the other things we dont know about.
Now, lets go find another great coach to keep Duke basketball on top.

So, what you're saying is that the athletic department is now actively spreading unsubstantiated rumors critical of Coach G?

Yeah, I'm still not convinced.

cape cod
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I haven't seen this discussed here, and I don't mean to probe into her personal life, but do I recall that she has/had a spouse who is/was affiliated with Duke? Could this have been a factor?

johnb
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
People can be effusively nice and also be demanding. For example, she could be a great coach, brilliant recruiter, and nice person who insisted on charter flights and a dedicated practice facility, both of which she will presumably get at Texas and won't get at Duke.

This seems more reasonable than saying that she wanted a "new challenge." I'm not even sure what that means. It's not like she is quitting coaching to take up professional golf or to go to law school. Her challenge in Austin would be the same as her challenge at Duke, from what I could tell.

It seems silly to completely discount money. She will likely get a raise, perhaps a substantial one, but money also pays for the charter flights and practice court.

More likely, she was looking forward to being part of a women's athletic department and away from the shadow of K and the clumsy thumbprints of Alleva.

Patrick Yates
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
She is nice to random fans? Really? I bet she is the only coach in the world who is nice to random fans. Bob Knight is rumored to be an absolute charmer to people outside the athletic department. When he was fired, many member of the administrative dept at IU got death threats, he was so beloved.

Just because she was nice to random people doesn't mean she was not a primadonna. I think we have all heard the story of the shabbily dressed couple whose donations were rebuffed by Yale, only for that same couple to turn around and use a 9 figure donation to start Stanford. If I am a coach, I do not take chances by being mean to someone. You never know who knows the family of a star recruit, has tons of cash to donate, or who has serious pull somewhere.

I personally ran into Coach K a couple of times during my undergrad years, and each time he acted like a favorite Uncle who was thrilled to see me, and we know K is somewhat of a primadonna (completely earned, heck, expected, dominant program, multiple NCs, face of the school, etc) when dealing with other coaches, the media, and the admin building. K was nice because it cost nothing, and it might be worth something someday. I, or any Duke student, or random fan, could turn out fabuously wealthy, be related to a star recruit, etc. If none of that happens, K has lost nothing by being nice to a star-struck yokel (me).

I do not know G personally. But do not dismiss her claims. When night was fired, there were legions of former players and assistant coaches who sprang to his defense and decried the admins actions. Where are G's supporters, other than this board. I have seen no former coaches or players urging Duke to retain G at any cost.

Maybe she was a prima donna. Maybe not. But she in absolutely no way deserved to act like one, even in private. That is reserved for living legends and winners of NCs (more than one. We all find Sylvia Hatchel annoying and she won hers as a result of what I believe was the luckiest shot in FF history, a step-back, fade-away three as time expired shot by a mediocre post player). Reportedly she wanted to be paid like Geno (5 NCs) and Summit (7 NCs). That is delusional. Completely delusional. 2/3 as much as Geno (maybe), but not comensurate. This type of demand strikes me as primadonnaish.

I have no love for Alleva, but let us not roast him alive here for this, when there are other, legitimate reasons to roast him (being K's puppet). It is not like he fired her. She was offered a great salary, reportedly one of th 5 top paid coaches in the country, without winning a single NC (and being involved in some truly horrific NCAA flameouts/collapses). This year, record aside, she won the regular season ACC title, a banner we hardly bother to put up in Cameron. She lost clutch games in the post season, namely the ACC tourney, and flamed out vs a team she had beaten by 40, at their place, earlier in the year. This is not the QV of someone you break the bank for, sorry. He offered a more than fair contract, and she left anyway. If she had ever won the NC (any OTHER skeptics on the board?) beleive that she would have been paid, big time, by the end of the week.

Next play people.

Patrick Yates

ps If we do not hire a quality coach (namely Cali's) something sinister is going on at Duke. I will post my theory on that, when/if it occurs, and then accept the inevitable banning that will follow.

gadzooks
04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I haven't seen this discussed here, and I don't mean to probe into her personal life, but do I recall that she has/had a spouse who is/was affiliated with Duke? Could this have been a factor?She and her husband have split--I don't know whether the divorce is final, but they separated some time last year. I recall that he worked with her at Duke in some capacity in between his coaching gigs at Elon and Auburn, but that was a while back.

ikiru36
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
(post deleted)

It being Passover, let me bring up an ethical topic which is core to Judaism (though often underemphasized, and one to which we all, myself absolutely included, fall prey at one time and another). Lashon Harah is generally translated as gossip or bad mouthing. A quick anecdote quoted from the webpage http://www.rjca.org/lashon.html:

Once there was a man who had said awful things about someone. Realizing that he has done something awful, he goes to his rabbi and asks, "Rabbi, what can I do?" The rabbi thinks a bit and tells the man to bring him a feather pillow. The man brings the pillow, and the rabbi tells him to go outside, rip the pillow open, and shake out the feathers. The man does that. As he shakes out the feathers, the wind catches them, and they start flying everywhere. The man comes back to the rabbi and says, "I did as you said. Now what." The rabbi says, "Now go back outside and pick up all the feathers." The man looks startled and says, "How can I? The wind took them! I don't even know where they are now." The rabbi says, "Exactly. Just like your words. Once they're out, it's impossible to get them back."

This could pertain to IceyTundra's original statement, or for others who, based seemingly only on conjecture, impugn Alleva or the "administration" as behind this rumor.

Quoting from that webpage (http://www.rjca.org/lashon.html) again,

"The rabbis teach that lashon harah is like killing three people because it destroys the reputation of the victim, damages the perceptions of the listener, and diminishes the standing of the speaker.

But I think the main reason has to do with what the Maharal, Rabbi Judah Loew of Prague, said: the common thread of all lashon harah is its capacity to create division and separation."

Anyhoo, I'm writing this to castigate no-one in particular, but I'd recently been considering Lashon Harah and this seemed as good a time as any to bring it up. Negative gossip about others (even when true) is generally to be avoided under this commandment, nevertheless such conjecture is unquestionably a lifeblood of the bulletin board/blogosphere we're engaged in here. Not trying to put a damper on such fun. Just wanting to offer some possible moral/ethical thoughts on the subject for people's perusal.

Btw, have y'all heard how cruelly Hans b rough and ol' Roy treat their pet bunny rabbits. What monsters! ;0)

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kewlswim
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi,

Debbie Leonard, the coach before Coach G, was as nice to me as can be. I really thought she was nice person. I spoke with her players and it was often a different story. One said she had gone as far as to lie to her during recruiting, for example. Others had less than complimentary things to say. I liked Coach G a lot. However, I don't have relationship with her. It is from the outside looking in and that may not be the whole story.

Sadly, maybe the AD wanted her gone because he felt threatened by her? Maybe she was so competent it made him look bad. It wouldn't be the first time a superior wanted an employee gone. Ugh.

GO DUKE!

gadzooks
04-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Reportedly she wanted to be paid like Geno (5 NCs) and Summit (7 NCs). That is delusional. Completely delusional. 2/3 as much as Geno (maybe), but not comensurate. This type of demand strikes me as primadonnaish.You've said this before, and I asked you about it with no response. Where did you hear this? Was it in a published report that you can link to? I followed the story pretty closely, and never saw any indication that she was demanding that kind of money, only that Texas voluntarily offered her a much higher salary than she was making before.

JasonEvans
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Us finishing 3rd for PP (speculation, but what else can go wrong)

No different than finishing 2nd or 33rd. In recruiting, there is first place and then there is nothing else. you either win for a kid or forgetaboutit.

Patrick Yates
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I heard this on TV, espn, during the NCAA coverage. Don't rember who, but it was the panel discussion, and many of those are former players and coaches who are well connected.

Sorry I missed your earlier message, major home improvement project sapped time after work.

Patrik Yates

Jumbo
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM

Well, I saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico...

wilko
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
No different than finishing 2nd or 33rd. In recruiting, there is first place and then there is nothing else. you either win for a kid or forgetaboutit.

Yeah, yer right. but in this case the Munster-boy and UK dynamic put us squarely at option C. (based on my uninformed, sporadic readings of the recruitment process in this forum).

I hope Eddie goes to the Heat and the UK job is vacant past PP's cutoff for reaching a decision. When in doubt... choose C.

gadzooks
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I heard this on TV, espn, during the NCAA coverage. Don't rember who, but it was the panel discussion, and many of those are former players and coaches who are well connected.

Sorry I missed your earlier message, major home improvement project sapped time after work.

Patrik YatesThis is nothing against you, but I tend to doubt things that are related second- or third-hand without any further substantiation. It may be true, it's just that I haven't seen any other report supporting it. But regardless of that, considering that Texas offered her $800K, and Duke matched it, clearly, she's not "delusional" for thinking she might get that kind of money. Your opinion may still be that she's not worth that much, but it's obviously not one shared by the people who were in a position to make that decision.

KandG
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
You've said this before, and I asked you about it with no response. Where did you hear this? Was it in a published report that you can link to? I followed the story pretty closely, and never saw any indication that she was demanding that kind of money, only that Texas voluntarily offered her a much higher salary than she was making before.

The evidence for this so-called "primadonna" assertion that Gail "demanded" to be paid like Geno and Pat is as thin as any of the talking heads who may have blurted it out. And a coach with these achievements:

7 straight years of at least 30 wins
4 Final Fours, with two appearances in the national title game
7 Elite Eights
10 straight Sweet 16 appearances
5 ACC Tournament titles
3 undefeated ACC regular seasons
7 ACC Coach of the Year awards
8 National Coach of the Year awards
Best won/loss percentage of any men's or women's head coach in ACC history (over 80 percent)

has the right to ask to be compensated as one of the top coaches in the game. This "no national championship" BS, and the after-the-fact spin control assassinating her character, are simply signs of desperation from an athletic department that is reeling currently.

I put about as much stock in the credibility of these "rumors" that I do in the recent wild speculation about the men's team weight training regimen being inadequate...i.e. none at all.

IceyTundra
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
This "no national championship" BS, and the after-the-fact spin control assassinating her character, are simply signs of desperation from an athletic department that is reeling currently.

why do you all think the Athletic Department is behind all of this? I personally dont think they are nor do I think they care. It is the media and message board posters who are saying these things - all mere speculation on why she would have left and why Duke let her leave without putting up a fight. I would give the AD the benefit of the doubt as they know more than all of us and trust their decision.
And I wouldnt really say the athletic department is reeling.

Kewlswim
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi,

Has the athletic department given any idea as to when a new coach will be named? A time-line as it where? You see, this affects a lot of programs. It could affect Cal, for example, who will need to get a new coach. Furthermore, I wonder if Texas has actually worked to drive up coaches salaries such as at Ariizona State.

GO DUKE!

throatybeard
04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Someone well connected in the sports department said Duke wanted her to go and low-balled their counter-offer so she would go.

Ignoring that this thread-starter is merely rumor-mongering...

...who is "Duke?" Duke wanted her to go. Who is "Duke?" Joe Alleva? Dick Brodhead? Mark Duke Biddle Trent Semans? Seven freshmen at the West Campus bus stop?

throatybeard
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico...

Jumbo was able to do this because it's so easy a caveman could do it. :D :D

IceyTundra
04-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Ignoring that this thread-starter is merely rumor-mongering...

...who is "Duke?" Duke wanted her to go. Who is "Duke?" Joe Alleva? Dick Brodhead? Mark Duke Biddle Trent Semans? Seven freshmen at the West Campus bus stop?

What on this message board isnt "rumor mongering" or opinions? that is the whole purpose of this forum, isnt it? Everyone doesnt have to agree with the rumor. Its merely a way to start discussion and get to the truth.

gadzooks
04-04-2007, 02:22 PM
It is the media and message board posters who are saying these things - all mere speculation on why she would have left and why Duke let her leave without putting up a fight.It is also a message board poster who is saying they didn't fight to keep her; maybe they really did want her to leave, but unless somebody is willing to go on record saying it, I'm putting as much stock in that statement as all the others. Realistically, I find even published reports by unnamed sources suspect, because I've seen too many stories where the news outlets were jumping all over each other to get the scoop, that were later found to have been utter BS because they didn't take the time to check their facts. On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Texas' football program alone brings in more than Duke's entire athletic department's budget (an easily verifiable fact), so I consider it a very real possibility that Duke simply couldn't fully match their offer. Yes, this is just speculation on my part, but at least it's based on something other than something somebody on some message board somewhere wrote.

duke98
04-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I liked exactly where we were. I don't think that Duke needs a fresh start at all. Alleva blew it...PERIOD

Really? I liked Gail, and she did amazing things for this women's basketball program. She built it from scratch, pretty much. But I must admit I've never seen so many talented teams fail to win a National Championship, or in some cases even reach a final four. I think the original poster's point about a fresh start was spot-on. Gail and Duke both need to get the monkey off their backs, and maybe this is the way to do it.

xenic
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
It being Passover, let me bring up an ethical topic which is core to Judaism (though often underemphasized, and one to which we all, myself absolutely included, fall prey at one time and another). Lashon Harah is generally translated as gossip or bad mouthing. A quick anecdote quoted from the webpage http://www.rjca.org/lashon.html:

Once there was a man who had said awful things about someone. Realizing that he has done something awful, he goes to his rabbi and asks, "Rabbi, what can I do?" The rabbi thinks a bit and tells the man to bring him a feather pillow. The man brings the pillow, and the rabbi tells him to go outside, rip the pillow open, and shake out the feathers. The man does that. As he shakes out the feathers, the wind catches them, and they start flying everywhere. The man comes back to the rabbi and says, "I did as you said. Now what." The rabbi says, "Now go back outside and pick up all the feathers." The man looks startled and says, "How can I? The wind took them! I don't even know where they are now." The rabbi says, "Exactly. Just like your words. Once they're out, it's impossible to get them back."

This could pertain to IceyTundra's original statement, or for others who, based seemingly only on conjecture, impugn Alleva or the "administration" as behind this rumor.

I love that story, though I haven't heard it in a long time. Thanks.

xenic
04-04-2007, 03:04 PM

But Kobe would have gone to Duke.

OldDukie
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
It is true that Duke is an "academics first" school but I hope the administration never forgets what sports mean to alumni and fans meaning money in donations.This is our only true daily connection to the school. Let them not forget as well that many high school seniors want to be part of the K and G phenomenon. Applications would go up with a top notch football and basketball program(men and women). Aleva, or his successor,should hire only those with a proven track record and who fit the Duke image. Sorry to lose G and please hire someone who meets the above criteria. Give Roof his try but keep in mind what a winning program would mean.

365Duke
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
that I got the same feeling as the initial poster had when I read this.
http://www.newsobserver.com/736/story/560717.html

Especially with this part of the comment:
"During the last week and throughout her entire time at Duke, we addressed everything that Gail requested in order to remain our coach for the duration of her career," Alleva said in a statement released Tuesday.

But it may be the way I'm reading it:rolleyes:

Exiled_Devil
04-04-2007, 03:38 PM
What on this message board isnt "rumor mongering" or opinions? that is the whole purpose of this forum, isnt it? Everyone doesnt have to agree with the rumor. Its merely a way to start discussion and get to the truth.

Rumor mongering and opinions are distinctly different things. An opinion is sourced to oneself - "I think that...". You may have evidence or information, but you take credit for the idea.

Rumors ascribe motivation and action to individual's private lives. Opinions can be based on speculative ideas - rumors are speculative ideas, and should not be given credibility without some substantiation.

And to your idea of people 'agreeing' with rumors - rumors are speculative truth assertions. They are not subject to agree/disagree. It is believe/disbelieve. There is a difference, and it is important: A rumor can be proven true or false, an opinion cannot be proven true or false. At the root of rumor is a fact (or not). At the root of opinion is an unknown or unknowable proposition. That is why it is opinion and not an assertion of truth.

This is a board for opinion. Not for rumors, so much.

Exiled

throatybeard
04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
And we still don't have an answer from the original poster about who "Duke" is.

I suspect because there is no answer.

Virginian
04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
To get a basketball coach at Duke with a name like Smith or Jones.

(My apologies if someone's already made the same observation.)

AtlBluRew
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
that I got the same feeling as the initial poster had when I read this.
http://www.newsobserver.com/736/story/560717.html

Especially with this part of the comment:

"During the last week and throughout her entire time at Duke, we addressed everything that Gail requested in order to remain our coach for the duration of her career," Alleva said in a statement released Tuesday.

But it may be the way I'm reading it:rolleyes:

I read that same quote as a desperate attempt to cover their as**s from the alumni anger over yet another job poorly done.

DevilAlumna
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM

Icey,

Why take down your original post? You started a discussion; do you not like the direction it took?

I think that shoots any/all credibility you may have gotten for any further rumors from "within the sports department".... though IMO, you didn't have much with the first one either.

BlueDevilBaby
04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
"Addressed" does not mean "acquisced". Whatever the circumstances were, Coach G just did not want to stay. I'm still bumming.