PDA

View Full Version : JJ said it would happen...

SupaDave
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I know Mike Wise is a bit annoying in his article but I couldn't help but to find pleasure in this paragraph...

"Paulus is still the irascible kid you want on your team at open gym -- a stubby, stir-the-pot guard who throws good players off their game by coming within a centimeter of their face. He's also incredibly annoying to play against. As Players on Duke That America Loves To Hate go, he's maybe Wojo squared or Chris Collins to the Nth power."

To the Nth power? Hilarious... Which brings to mind the CBS shot of Collins getting hype as Nolan approached the bench for a time-out.

A centimeter of their face? Now THAT's good defense!!!

To compare him to Wojo and Collins is a testament to GP's value to this team.

Keep it up Greg...

allenmurray
01-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Amen. There are a lot of big strong guys on Duke's team, but if I had to pick one guy to have my back in a dark alley it would be Greg (actually it would be Nate James, but he is no longer a player). Greg backs down to no one.

slower
01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Amen. There are a lot of big strong guys on Duke's team, but if I had to pick one guy to have my back in a dark alley it would be Greg (actually it would be Nate James, but he is no longer a player). Greg backs down to no one.

I'd feel quite comfortable with Kyle, as well. Plus, he's bigger than Greg. :D

Huh?
01-18-2009, 01:04 PM
I'll take Marty, Europeans are crazy.

Karl Beem
01-18-2009, 01:06 PM
I know Mike Wise is a bit annoying in his article but I couldn't help but to find pleasure in this paragraph...

"Paulus is still the irascible kid you want on your team at open gym -- a stubby, stir-the-pot guard who throws good players off their game by coming within a centimeter of their face. He's also incredibly annoying to play against. As Players on Duke That America Loves To Hate go, he's maybe Wojo squared or Chris Collins to the Nth power."

To the Nth power? Hilarious... Which brings to mind the CBS shot of Collins getting hype as Nolan approached the bench for a time-out.

A centimeter of their face? Now THAT's good defense!!!

To compare him to Wojo and Collins is a testament to GP's value to this team.

Keep it up Greg...

Hard to believe that he would say that about GP after Gtown sent out that no-talent hack/flop-artist.

Lord Ash
01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I'll take Marty, Europeans are crazy.

Little known fact; Marty is a kung fu expert.

dyedwab
01-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Patrick Davidson

DukieInKansas
01-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Patrick Davidson

Is there anyone else?

ArnieMc
01-20-2009, 09:56 AM

According to Bryan Kersey (third hand), Paulus is the chippiest player in the ACC. He's always poking, prodding, bumping, and elbowing in the fine tradition of Art Heyman, Danny Ferry, Mike Dunleavy and others. He's just so subtle about it that it rarely gets called. Usually, when someone flattens a Duke player, it's Paulus. There's a reason - he probably deserves it.

devildeac
01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Little known fact; Marty is a kung fu expert.

He's also a huge fan of a capella music...

Lord Ash
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
He's also a huge fan of a capella music...

I actually heard once that he got in a brawl in a dark alley, and not only did he kung fu his opponents into submission, he sang an aria play-by-play as he did it.

elvis14
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I actually heard once that he got in a brawl in a dark alley, and not only did he kung fu his opponents into submission, he sang an aria play-by-play as he did it.

I heard that brawl was out behind Cameron and after he beat down the Carolina fans that attacked him he chanted "Our House" at them for a while :D

devildeac
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM

I'm not so sure about the aria part. I think he likes old rock, new rock, hip-hop and almost anything that the a capella groups on campus perform. I also don't think he is much of a vocalist. Which, of course, begs the chant:

Marty doesn't sing
Marty doesn't sing

:o

pamtar
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Great post Supa.

We (I) tend to forget his importance to this squad. After all the criticism GP still manages to bring the pump every night.

He's a great player and a great leader. He'll definitely earn his degree!

gotham devil
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM

I'd take Elton Brand, Roshown McLeod, or Dahntay Jones...Singler among the fellas on this team.