PDA

View Full Version : Tauiliili named MVP of Shrine Bowl!

loran16
01-17-2009, 11:20 PM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22672&SPID=1843&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=3648906

Great for him, hopefully this will improve his stock to the point where he'll be drafted and given a shot on an NFL franchise.

CameronBornAndBred
01-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Wow that's an awesome way to end his collegiate career, plus he goes out with victory. I meant to watch it today, but with the Georgetown game going on I forgot. Congrats to #34!

Oriole Way
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Tuailili would be a great fit for my Baltimore Ravens. I hope we take a good hard look at him in the draft.

Congrats on a fine season.

Acymetric
01-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Congrats to Mike! I caught bits of the game and saw a couple nice stops involving him, he looked pretty good. Hope this gets him some more attention at the pro level!

ArnieMc
01-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I can't believe no one can spell his name! It's Tauiliili. Four i's, two in the middle. Can a mod fix the thread title.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I can't believe no one can spell his name! It's Tauiliili. Four i's, two in the middle. Can a mod fix the thread title.
Tauiliili is easy to remember how to spell

T a u, like the Greek letter tau

i l i that's only three letters, two of them the same, and pretty easy to remember

i l i that's the same three letters as above, in the same order.

Now, wasn't that easy! And pronouncing it isn't tough either.
Tau - like Monty Towe, the former NC State point guard in the 70's. It's like saying towel, without the second syllable.
ili - ee-lee long e's both before and after the L
ili - ee-lee, same as above, same inflection

Class over! It only took Coach Cutcliffe 10 months to learn the pronounciation (from listening to him talk about him during interviews).

killerleft
01-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Congrats to Mike! With the right team he could become a household name, provided Ozzie can get them hooked on phonics.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Congrats to Mike! With the right team he could become a household name, provided Ozzie can get them hooked on phonics.
Now that's funny!
Lesson 2:
Repeat after me
K r
z y z
e w
s k i :D