PDA

View Full Version : Miami 65, UNC 82

Hancock 4 Duke
01-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, all I can say is that Miami should;ve won because they just went in a slump. They got lazy and well, just, literally fell asleep. Post your comments (or complaints because it was UNC)

DukeDevilDeb
01-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Well, all I can say is that Miami should;ve won because they just went in a slump. They got lazy and well, just, literally fell asleep. Post your comments (or complaints because it was UNC)

I am at a conference in Miami with a bunch of both Blue Devils and Tar Heels. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited when Miami came out and really squashed UNC for part of the first half. Then, they just deflated. They made bad shot choices, couldn't hit worth a darn, and it looked like they were lost... what happened to McClintock.

I don't know who got MOTM at Carolina, but it should have been Ellington!

I LOVE DUKE BASKETBALL! :)

Bob Green
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I have no complaints that UNC won. The Tar Heels played poorly early but finished the first half on a strong run and then dominated the second half. I'll go as far as saying I'm glad Carolina won, why? Because I hate expansion and will never pull for Miami, Virginia Tech, or Boston College to win a game against a "real" ACC team.

trinity92
01-18-2009, 12:40 AM
The game was close until carolina pulled away early in the second half. The key? Ellington went unconscious and hit 5 or 6 three pointers in a row, in a span of just a couple minutes.

If he gets hot, they become a very good team.

AtlDuke72
01-18-2009, 09:07 AM
The game was close until carolina pulled away early in the second half. The key? Ellington went unconscious and hit 5 or 6 three pointers in a row, in a span of just a couple minutes.

If he gets hot, they become a very good team.

I just saw the highlights on Sportscenter which showed all of Ellington's 3 point shots in the second half. He was on fire but what struck me was that there was no one any where near him on on of the shots. I guess Miami just decided not to let Hansborough get the ball in the second half because they played NO defense on the three point line. I quit watching in the first half when the refs put Hansborough on the line every time someone looked at him.