PDA

View Full Version : ASU and Sendek over UCLA

SMO
01-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Is it still too early to do a post-mortem on Sendek leaving NC State for ASU and the effects on both programs? Looks like Herb picked up a big W today. Not knocking Sidney Lowe, but I wonder if some of the malcontent NC State fans are regretting making so much noise about Herb's perceived lack of success in Raleigh.

dbchamblee
01-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Is it still too early to do a post-mortem on Sendek leaving NC State for ASU and the effects on both programs? Looks like Herb picked up a big W today. Not knocking Sidney Lowe, but I wonder if some of the malcontent NC State fans are regretting making so much noise about Herb's perceived lack of success in Raleigh.

They should, but they won't. I had this discussion with a Wolfpack Club member not long ago and they just hate Herb. They say he had no passion. If the coach doesn't run up and down the sidelines screaming like Jimmy V, God bless him, they call it a lack of passion. The thing is, State would have been winning championships in most other conferences with Herb, but there was this little problem of having to play Duke and Carolina on a regular basis. I guess I would get tired of third place too.......

wolfpackdevil
01-17-2009, 09:45 PM

I am mad that Herb got run out of Raleigh, becuase I thought he could have done good things. But watching the State/GT game today I saw a lot of want from NCSU.

I think in the end, Lowe will have good success

Vincetaylor
01-18-2009, 03:28 AM
State fans are the biggest morons on the planet. They got lucky in the NCAA championship 26 years ago with no final fours since. Still, they think they have or are entitled to an elite athletic program. Sendek coached teams at State were consistent and competitive. Since then, they have been anything but. Let State fans suffer because they deserve it for chasing out Sendek.

mgtr
01-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Athletics is supposed to be run by the AD, who works for, and is responsible to, the President or Chancellor. However, in practice, many Presidents fold right up in the face of fans/alumni. There have been a lot of coaches whose only real problem was a weak President. Auburn football comes to mind recently, but there are many others.