James Johnson
Trevor Booker
3rd
KC Rivers
AD Vassalo
Greivis Vasquez
Jeff Allen
Gani Lawal

If it was done right this minute, I would probably switch G and Kyle, and switch Lawson and either McClinton or Douglas as far as the first team.

Bob Green
01-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Trevor Booker should be 1st Team over Ty Lawson. Booker leads the ACC in FG % at .572 and Blocked Shots at 2.8 per game. He is third in rebounding at 9.1 per game. Lawson hasn't had a 1st Team All-ACC type season so far this year. Of course, the season is still young.

Cameron
01-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Jon has struggled shooting recently, but he's definitely deserving of an All-ACC team placing. Somewhere.

His overall game is incredible; he's the glue that holds Duke together. Jon's basketball IQ is probably the best in the whole conference, if not the entire nation. He can shoot (his current slide notwithstanding), score all over, create for teammates, and is one of the best on ball defenders in America. He's sooooooo good. That's the best way to describe it.

Greg Paulus should be on there, too. (I play, I play:) He was still the man of the match today, however.)

jipops
01-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Who would you say or change?

IMHO, My top 15 would be :

1st
Jeff Teague
Tyrese Rice
Tyler Hansbrough
Gerald Henderson
Ty Lawson
2nd
Kyle Singler
Jack McClinton
Toney Douglas
James Johnson
Trevor Booker
3rd
KC Rivers
AD Vassalo
Greivis Vasquez
Jeff Allen
Gani Lawal

If you were to base "as of now" on the past five games or so then sure Gerald is probably a 1st teamer. But Gerald has just started to turn it on lately, and Kyle has carried us even when he hasn't shot well. He's still leads the team in points, rebounds, and assists for the 2nd ranked team in the country that is currently 3-0 in the conference. Kyle would definitely belong as 1st team as of now. (certainly over Lawson)

This does beg the question, is All-ACC a product of the season as a whole or just ACC games?

dukebballcamper90-91
01-17-2009, 10:33 PM
1st 5
nolan smith
john scheyer
gerald henderson
kyle singler
zoubek

eddiehaskell
01-17-2009, 11:01 PM
As much as I hate to say it, an argument could be made for Danny Green to be 3rd team.

Edouble
01-18-2009, 03:15 AM
Ugh, and I hate to hear it.

I can't see leaving Singler, who leads the top team in the conference (3-0) in points. rebounds, and assists, off of the first team.

Bob Green
01-18-2009, 03:17 AM
1st 5
nolan smith
john scheyer
gerald henderson
kyle singler
zoubek

While I love your enthusiasm, I must question your perspective. :)

Vincetaylor
01-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Swap Gerald and Kyle. Just look at their stats. Gerald just now made it to 2nd team consideration.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
1st 5
nolan smith
john scheyer
gerald henderson
kyle singler
zoubek

While I love your enthusiasm, I must question your perspective. :)
His perspective looks perfectly fine from my perspective!

gofurman
01-18-2009, 04:22 PM
to clarify, I meant as of now in the season... 17 games in...

I see your point about Singler and Henderson.

any other debates on guys from other teams?

gumbomoop
01-18-2009, 05:51 PM
1 -
Teague
Hansbrough
Douglas - 19 ppg, fierce on-ball defender, likely defensive POY in ACC?
Singler - perhaps best all-around player in ACC?
Rice

2 -
Lawson
McClinton
Green - even after last eve's spectacular performance from Ellington, Green's 3-pt % is much higher, indeed, spectacularly high; and he plays defense, blocks shots, knows where ball is
Scheyer - I hope not a "homer" call; despite his several poor shooting games, he affects our offense and defense in multiple positive, game-deciding ways, unobtrusively but consistently; best court awareness in league, surely....
Booker

3 -
Lawal
Johnson - though just as easily might put Aminu here
Vassallo
Vasquez - I guess.....
Rivers

G, obviously, should he continue to play as he has recently [but also obviously not in many of first 17 games] will be 1st/2d team when next this thread shows up, maybe mid-Feb?

Rookie of Year, so far
Ed Davis over Shumpert and Aminu; Davis' rbd/min is astounding; ditto blocked shots/minute

jv001
01-18-2009, 09:38 PM
It's really too early for me to pick these teams. The players that really jump out at me are:
Singler
hanstravel
Teague
Booker
Rice
Douglas
McClinton
Landesberg(freshman of year)
Henderson
Scheyer
Costner
By years end the matter will be pretty much decided but right now it's too early for me to make a prediction. Go Duke!