PDA

View Full Version : Good lord the ACC is tough!

Lord Ash
01-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Not too deep of a post, but MAN... I've seen a few ACC games this year, and man alive; how do the guys survive?! The ACC seems really, really big and physical right now. The games are damn physical, they are super intense, and the players really beat each other up a lot!:) Even at the bottom; FSU is in the cellar, and yet you look at them and they are BIG and strong and fast, and playing against them is a serious battle! How on earth do the players do it, especially during conference play, where they play and practice constantly?

Crazytime. Lots of respect for the ACC!

BlueintheFace
01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I think FSU might even float to the top of the conference by the end as physical and big as they are.

I just hope we stay injury free. (knock on wood, ruba rabbits foot, etc...)

Lulu
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
I've been thinking the exact same thing, to the point where I was wondering if the ACC issued a directive to its officials to allow more physical play this year. True, this seems more like the officiating in other conferences and that we're always forced to face come tourney time, but I can't say I like it. Calls seem so subjective when there's so much allowed bumping and swiping etc. And then, whenever emotions start to flare, you can without any doubt notice the calls getting tighter. It shouldn't be that way, a foul is a foul no matter when, who, or what context.

SupaDave
01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
It's the ACC baby!!! Bring your hard hat and lunch pail! Full of PTPer's baby!!

jv001
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I can remember when ACC fans complained about refs calling touch fouls. Then in the NCAA Tournament play was so rough that the ACC teams did not have a chance. Whether this was true I don't know but I do know that play in the ACC is much more physical. This years team has played as tough as any in recent Duke history. Keep it up guys. Go Duke!

FireOgilvie
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Watching the Pac-10 vs. the ACC or Big East is like night and day. The Pac-10 looks more like the international game...