PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Wake Forest 83, Boston College 63

dukelifer
01-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Wake is on a roll. They finally beat Boston College and by 20! BC got it close and then Teague and Johnson just overpowered them. This team is big and fast. Their D is not bad and Teague is the best player in the league right now. They are a very dangerous team and playing well. They get Clemson next at Clemson. That game will tell a lot but I think Wake will win by 10.

ncexnyc
01-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Wake is on a roll. They finally beat Boston College and by 20! BC got it close and then Teague and Johnson just overpowered them. This team is big and fast. Their D is not bad and Teague is the best player in the league right now. They are a very dangerous team and playing well. They get Clemson next at Clemson. That game will tell a lot but I think Wake will win by 10.

You're absolutely right, this game will tell us a lot about both teams.

NYC Duke Fan
01-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Yes BC upset UNC at Chapel Hill, but this is the same BC team that lost to Harvard by 12 points and Miami in successive games.

It is the same Harvard team that lost to Boston University, Northeastern and Rice and just beat Dartmouth by 1 point.

I wouldn't put so much credence in Wake finally beating BC.

That said, I think that Wake certainly deserves the number 3 national ranking, and I know that this is sacreligious, but right now I think that they are better than Duke.

dukelifer
01-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Yes BC upset UNC at Chapel Hill, but this is the same BC team that lost to Harvard by 12 points and Miami in successive games.

It is the same Harvard team that lost to Boston University, Northeastern and Rice and just beat Dartmouth by 1 point.

I wouldn't put so much credence in Wake finally beating BC.

That said, I think that Wake certainly deserves the number 3 national ranking, and I know that this is sacreligious, but right now I think that they are better than Duke.
Wake is very good. Teague makes them go but I am not sure he can continue this pace of scoring- but if he does- he is gone after this season. Johnson is also really good. He is a really good shooter from all over the floor. McFarland is a solid big man- and huge- he is capable of a 20/10 game. Their other players are solid with Aminu being a huge X factor. By March he could be the man. So I agree that their upside is great. At this point, it will be interesting to see how well they handle this lofty position. This team and coach has not been there before. They will start to take everyone;s best shots and when they get that first loss- how do they recover. It will be interesting to watch. The season which was supposed to be boring and over before it started is now very exciting. Two undefeated teams in the conference- one after Sat and neither are named UNC. Who would have thought that Wake is the talk of the ACC.

I don't think Duke matches up well against them- but Duke takes teams out of their comfort zone. They are playing consistent D. With that said- Teague can be a Duke defense killer. That kid can get to the hoop and he is fearless. He does not believe he can be stopped. And when you are shooting 54% from the floor, 55% from 3 and 85% from the line- he may be right. He is having a Jason Williams kind of sophomore season and statistically even better. His free throw shooting makes him so dangerous at the end of games. Somehow- you have to get him in foul trouble and out of the game- but he really doesn't gamble on that side of the floor. The Clemson game may reveal a weakness- we can only hope. Nolan is going to have to make him work. Teague is the man right now- looks like a pro out there. He is the ACC's best player so far.

ddsdevil
01-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Their D isn't bad? I think that their D is fantastic.

In the first half of last night's game and about 5 minutes into the second half Wake's D dominated. At some points BC couldn't even get a shot off without one of Wake's bigs swatting it away. They had about a 10 minute lapse in the 2nd half where they went to sleep which shows that they can be beaten and will lose some games in the ACC. But talent wise, they are the best team in the ACC IMO.