PDA

View Full Version : Idol comments 4/2

JasonEvans
04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought everyone did pretty well-- even the accursed Sanjaya. Haley was the worst of the non-Sanjaya crowd, but she brought out the big guns-- if you know what I mean. I thought Blake was just so-so. Melinda was simply awesome.

I need to think a bit more about who is in the bottom three along with Haley and Sanjaya. Maybe Phil who has teetered close to elimination a lot in recent weeks. This may be his turn.

-Jason

pamtar
04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
IMHO I dislike Idol as a program, but dont mind and even enjoy the talent of some contestants. With that said, Lakiesha(sp?) is the jam son! That girl can sing her *** off. She is by-far the best talent I have ever seen on the program. I hope she wins. If not it will further legitimize my dislike of this show (as if it needs it)

JasonEvans
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I know who else I think will be in the bottom 3, Gina. She is a rocker and her fan base has come to expect that of her. Tonight she sang a very low-key song. She sang it well, but her fans would not have enjoyed it all that much.

That may be the kiss of death for her.

So, my bottom 3 is Sanjaya (maybe, he has gotten a ton of publicity this past week for the hair and this was his strongest performance yet), Gina, and Haley. If Sanjyay is not there, I think Phil will be.

-Jason "I like Lakisha's voice, but she simply does not have the looks to win the competition" Evans

edensquad
04-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Melinda just floors me (and I am a cynical music biz professional by trade)... she could sing the phone book and make it great. Had to re-wind and watch her performance twice tonight... wow!!

Phil sings fine, but... man, he looks like Nosferatu, lol. Haley, hubba-hubba, but as a singing star, not so much. Sanjaya??? <<shaking head in bewilderment>>>

Bostondevil
04-04-2007, 12:07 AM
I was a week early in my Phil prediction, my bet is he goes this week.

Liked Blake and Chris Richardson, go figure, and Sanjaya kept himself in this week for sure. My mother-in-law thought Haley had the best voice of anyone she saw tonight (did not come in until after Melinda sang). Not sure what to make of that but she's not a regular viewer.

Welcome to the Universe of Sanjaya indeed. Kid is developing a style, I'll give him that. Plus he was in tune, again.

JasonEvans
04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
WOW- DialIdol has some scary predictions this week.

Jordin, Gina, Haley, and Lakisha are all bunched together at the bottom this week. Right above them is Blake. Melinda leads and is the only person DialIdol says is certain to be safe. Phil, Sanjaya, and Chris all appear to likely be safe though. Phil's phone line was busy 24% of the time compared to Gina's 13.9% and Lakisha's 14.8%. It seems very unlikely that Phil is gone this week.

I find that as the competition moves on and there are more calls and more busy signals to get, DialIdol gets increasingly accurate. So, it looks like we lose one of the women tonight. All the gals except Melinda are in danger.

--Jason "I really think Gina the rocker made a mistake by going for a softer song-- even though she sang it well" Evans

mr. synellinden
04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Even though this week was a great theme week, I was so bored by the show that I ended up forwarding through most of the performances.

I agreed with Mr. Bennett that Blake took the wrong approach to the song - I was less impressed than the judges. I agreed with them though that Chris had his best performance - often it is just about stage presence, enthusiasm and "selling" the song, and he did a great job of that. Phil, Gina and Haley were all just fine, just nothing to keep me interested. Melinda sang great again, but as nice a person she seems to be, I don't like her as a performer and I can't see that changing. I really can't see any circumstance where I'd want to go out and see her in concert or buy one of her CD's. Similarly, Lakisha is a great singer but a very dull performer/entertainer - which again is not going to change.

That leaves Jordin, who more and more is becoming my favorite (both personally and objectively as the likely winner). I thought she was great again this week.

Sanjaya is a separate universe (as he commented on during the show).

jimbonelson
04-04-2007, 09:38 PM
i understand jon bon jovi will be doing one of these shows does anybody know when

JasonEvans
04-05-2007, 09:00 AM
I know who else I think will be in the bottom 3, Gina. She is a rocker and her fan base has come to expect that of her. Tonight she sang a very low-key song. She sang it well, but her fans would not have enjoyed it all that much.

That may be the kiss of death for her.

So, my bottom 3 is Sanjaya (maybe, he has gotten a ton of publicity this past week for the hair and this was his strongest performance yet), Gina, and Haley. If Sanjyay is not there, I think Phil will be.

Sweet-- I nailed it! Even before checking DialIdol, I had the final 3 and even got the person who would be voted off!!

Gina did not appeal to her fanbase and it was her week to go as a result. While I think she was a pretty good performer and certainly was not the worst singer left on the show, I am not really sad to see her go. She was never going to win and whether she went this week or in 2 or 3 more weeks is sorta meaningless.

I am impressed that Lakisha was in the top 3. I think her performances are little more than a good-but-not-as-good-as-Melinda kinda thing and I am surprised she is getting such strong support. Frankly, I find her look very unappealing too.

--Jason "I have no idea when Bon Jovi is going to be on, but next week is JLO doing Latin music week" Evans

Reisen
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Jason, I agree on the Lakisha comment. She's good, but you have a very similar singer (Melinda) who's clearly better. Which puts Jordin, Melinda, and Blake as my top 3.

I think Dial Idol is crap. They get it wrong every time. Jordin at the bottom? She wound up in the top three. Kudos for guessing the bottom three, but I think this week was easily the easiest week to guess (I guessed right too). Assuming Howard's minions keep Sanjaya out of it, those were clearly the three worst, and have been for weeks.

The good news is Sanjaya wasn't in the top three, which means we have hope he could be gone soon.