PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Grant Arrested

BlueintheFace
01-14-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4313403/

He's in the NBDL and could have developed in to an NBA player... now I think that ship has sailed. It's a shame.

arnie
01-14-2009, 09:26 PM

He's in the NBDL and could have developed in to an NBA player... now I think that ship has sailed. It's a shame.

He played for State - why expect anything different.

geraldsneighbor
01-14-2009, 09:34 PM

Stay hot.

wolfpackdevil
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM

Gavin Grant is a classy guy that played for Herb and Sid, and he has made a big mistake.

But look at a guy like Julius Hodge, who ran into a shooting at a club. and he has turned himself around, and is on the way back to playing.

And playing for state has nothing to do with him making these mistakes, so watch your mouth man.

Edouble
01-15-2009, 02:18 AM

Gugs is a friend of the family, and so I can personally vouch for him.

Huh?
01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Unless the NBDL has a team in Jamaica he can forget about even playing. This guy almost got deported for being here illegally while he was at State. A felony charge? Later Gavin.

davekay1971
01-15-2009, 10:48 AM

That's just an idiotic statement.

Slackerb
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Threads like this make me ashamed of being a Duke fan...

allenmurray
01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
This guy almost got deported for being here illegally while he was at State.

Do your homework. Grant was brought into the country at the age of 12. He hardly snuck in as an illegal immigrant.

allenmurray
01-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Gavin Grant is a classy guy that played for Herb and Sid, and he has made a big mistake.

And playing for state has nothing to do with him making these mistakes, so watch your mouth man.

You're damn skippy!

wolfpackdevil
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Thank you Slackerb.

I didn't know that Duke fans acted like this. He is a person that made a mistake. I don't know, I really thought that Duke fans acted better than a UNC fan, but after this thread, I'm not really sure.

Huh?
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Do your homework. Grant was brought into the country at the age of 12. He hardly snuck in as an illegal immigrant.

It was 11, without any papers, that's why he had to go to court, he was here illegally. Homework complete.

allenmurray
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
It was 11, without any papers, that's why he had to go to court, he was here illegally. Homework complete.

Funny, we don't usually hold 11 year old children responsible for the actions of their parents. Maybe he could have called the INS and reported mom and had her arrested. Or run away from home and caught a ship back to Jamaica so he wouldn't be an illegal immigrant.

I'll have to agree with slackerb here, though I would change the word threads to posters . . .

Acymetric
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM

I think the point was it probably wasn't his choice. He didn't sneak in so much as whoever took care of him (parents, family) snuck him in.

Edit: Allenmurray beat me to it. Well said.

allenmurray
01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
I think the point was it probably wasn't his choice. He didn't sneak in so much as whoever took care of him (parents, family) snuck him in.

Of course you are correct, but it seems Huh? has as his goal castigating a former state player, not dealing with reasonable approaches.

-jk
01-15-2009, 01:32 PM
What's with all the bickering on the board lately?

Everyone, please take a deep breath before posting...

thanks,

-jk