PDA

View Full Version : Watching Duke in NYC (bars, etc)

TheBrianZoubekExperience
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm in NYC now. Does anyone know of bars here where they typically show all the Duke games? I guess I'm looking for any bar with a solid Duke crowd or at least the games on and good food.

-TBZE

Lord Ash
01-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Any of the "Brother Jimmys" will work; one on the upper east (maybe the 90s?) on on the upper west (75th and amsterdam?) and another someplace else... if you do a search you'll find it.

However, call; even tho they are supposed to be a North Carolina bar, they are still half-assed sometimes about getting games on.

Skitzle
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Brother Jimmy has a number of locations. 80th and Amsterdam (not 75) on on 31st and 8th and the one on the upper east side (I'm a west sider so I couldn't tell you where) They've always got college basketball on and make a decent bbq.

If you're looking for excellent bbq and are willing to take a trip, Dinosaur BBQ at 125 and Riverside is amazing, and if you sit at the bar they'll probably turn a tv to the game for you.

Blondies at 75th and Broadway makes a good wing and has like 50 TVs. I think wednesdays are all you can eat specials...

As far as "Duke" Bars go. They don't really exist. Theres a "Hoops Watch" from Duke Club NY on Saturday at the Village Pourhouse, but without a scheduled event, I'm not sure that there are that many places where people go to watch games Duke games en masse.

Coballs
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Brother Jimmy's on the east side is at 77th and 2nd.

roywhite
01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Don't get to NYC very often, but does Art Heyman still have his place Tracy J's? Used to get a lot of Duke people.

Coballs
01-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately Tracy J's is no more. Found out last weekend when I was bar hopping in NYC. It's a shame because aside from serving as an unofficial Duke bar in NY, Art Heyman was often there and is a pretty good guy when you get to talk with him.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately Tracy J's is no more. Found out last weekend when I was bar hopping in NYC. It's a shame because aside from serving as an unofficial Duke bar in NY, Art Heyman was often there and is a pretty good guy when you get to talk with him.

If Tracy J's is closed, what's Artie doing now?