PDA

View Full Version : Wake Forest's schedule

dukelifer
01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I took a look at Wake's schedule and it is very favorable. They have a tough one against Clemson coming up (and they could both be undefeated at that point)- but if they win that one- it may be tough for them to get two losses. They get FSU at home (which should be a win) and end with Clemson at home. Duke could beat them at Duke. Anyway- they are in the drivers seat. Let's see how they hold up- but the schedule is in their favor.

roywhite
01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I took a look at Wake's schedule and it is very favorable. They have a tough one against Clemson coming up (and they could both be undefeated at that point)- but if they win that one- it may be tough for them to get two losses. They get FSU at home (which should be a win) and end with Clemson at home. Duke could beat them at Duke. Anyway- they are in the drivers seat. Let's see how they hold up- but the schedule is in their favor.

Let's see how they do a highly ranked front-runner. Being the hunted is different than being the hunter.

riverside6
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Our toughest conference schedule page (http://www.scacchoops.com/ToughestSchedule.asp) still has Clemson with the easiest schedule by far.

After getting UNC out of the way, Wake's schedule is now in the top 4 easiest.

Duke on the other hand has moved to having one of the 3 toughest schedules remaining. Only Georgia Tech and Virginia have it tougher.

MulletMan
01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Additionally, this is a young Wake team. They certainly have the potential, after beating UNC at home, to make a run for the crown. However, they also have the potential to drop some road games in the ACC. Even at BC isn't a cake walk given that BC has beat Wake something like 7 times in a row and I feel like their offense will be frustratingly slow for Wake... who definitely flourished with the high pace of play against UNC.

geraldsneighbor
01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
UNC has to have the easiest schedule the rest of the way. 3 ranked opponents, 2 of which are Duke. Clemson and Wake once each...doesn't get alot easier. Duke still has 6 games against ranked opponents left.

DeepBlue70
01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Ever since the advent of the expanded league and the unbalanced schedule the regular season crown stands for nothing - or at least it should stand for nothing. The tournament is now the only valid and equitable measurement of a league champ.

dukelifer
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Ever since the advent of the expanded league and the unbalanced schedule the regular season crown stands for nothing - or at least it should stand for nothing. The tournament is now the only valid and equitable measurement of a league champ.

I think if Wake or anyone wins the ACC reg season by 2 games and gets to the ACC tourney final or perhaps even semi final and still does not win the tourney- they could be a 1 seed in the big dance. I think the reg season can still matter.