PDA

View Full Version : ACC teams in final Football poll

NYC Duke Fan
01-09-2009, 12:34 PM
The final poll has been released and the ACC placed 3 teams in the top 25, Virginia Tech at 15....Georgia Tech and Florida State at 22 and 23.

For a BCS Conference this is not very impressive, although UNC, Wake and BC did field fairly good times.

Hopefully next year the conference will be better.

whereinthehellami
01-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I know that both UNC and VT are going to be better next year, as they had young teams this year. VT returns most of their offense, which was a weak point this past year but came on strong at the end of the year. As long as Foster is there, the defense will be strong.

The other thing I know is that BC is gonna suck. Hard. They lose alot on their defense and the talent on the offense has been declining since Matty left. Throw in the coaching situation and its effects on recruiting, and BC could be down for the next few years.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Hopefully next year the conference will be better.
Well for one thing Duke is going to return to the Top 25 next year. We'll probably get the Peach, er, Chic-Fil-A Bowl bid.

CameronBornAndBred
01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Well for one thing Duke is going to return to the Top 25 next year. We'll probably get the Peach, er, Chic-Fil-A Bowl bid.
I will not be surprised if we start the season with a vote or two for the polls. We have an incredible amount of depth returning if spring goes healthy, plus we have a couple of Cutcliffe recruits coming in off of redshirt, where they have had time to get to know the sytem long before game time. I wish we didn't have the 2 FCS teams, but we have a tough enough schedule to prove ourselves on. I expect we will win in November this year. I don't know if we'll bowl, but I expect us to start a season with high expectations for the first time in years.

arnie
01-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I will not be surprised if we start the season with a vote or two for the polls. We have an incredible amount of depth returning if spring goes healthy, plus we have a couple of Cutcliffe recruits coming in off of redshirt, where they have had time to get to know the sytem long before game time. I wish we didn't have the 2 FCS teams, but we have a tough enough schedule to prove ourselves on. I expect we will win in November this year. I don't know if we'll bowl, but I expect us to start a season with high expectations for the first time in years.

For a reality check, the local news has picked up last in the Coastal Division. I think one reason is that no one in the conference is really bad, so it's difficult to pick Duke above anyone until we prove we can win more than one conference every few years.

4decadedukie
01-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I was particularly impressed with the way in which NC State finished their season, Coach O'Brien has a long-proven record of successes, and I will be surprised if the Wolf Pack is not solid contender during the next seasons. NONE of this, however, denigrates Duke Football, Coach Cutcliffe and his staff, our players and fans, and our future.