PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Chants/ Comments

Oh Canada
01-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Though I've been a member for a couple of years now, I rarely post. I just enjoy reading most of the great insight and inside information provided to people like me living so far away from Durham.

I hope this isn't in another thread but I had a question about the chants. It came to my attention near the end of the game last night when Van Gundy started to repeat some of the cheers.....which were great by the way.

I noticed very early in the first half that after a whistle Curry turned to the crowd and smiled. I just wanted to know what, if any, chants were created exclusively for him or the game last night. We don't get to really hear too many on t.v. and I know that some of them are very unique.

Any insight into favourite cheers?

Acymetric
01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Though I've been a member for a couple of years now, I rarely post. I just enjoy reading most of the great insight and inside information provided to people like me living so far away from Durham.

I hope this isn't in another thread but I had a question about the chants. It came to my attention near the end of the game last night when Van Gundy started to repeat some of the cheers.....which were great by the way.

I noticed very early in the first half that after a whistle Curry turned to the crowd and smiled. I just wanted to know what, if any, chants were created exclusively for him or the game last night. We don't get to really hear too many on t.v. and I know that some of them are very unique.

Any insight into favourite cheers?

My guess is the smile came during the student's version of the Fountains of Wayne song "Stephen's Mom." I Didn't think it was that great, but it wasn't terrible either.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Curry did tuck in his shirt at the "request" of the crowd!

Bluedog
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I thought the crowd was pretty good last night on TV, but I didn't like the using of the "our house" chant at the end of the game. In the past few years, that chant is WAY overused. It is a chant that, in my opinion, should be used very sparingly (2-3 times a year) when we're in a tough battle in the last minute against a formidable foe. Not when we've sealed the win already. Just my opinion...but I remember a couple times when this cheer was used in a key end of game moment where I had chills down my spine...

wisteria
01-08-2009, 01:51 PM
There was a yellow sign that says "slow! children at play".

And of course, "it's past your bed time" chant.

Some were pointing at the baby, (you know, the one they use everytime for the o-baby o-baby chant,) and chanting "older than steph", which I didn't really like.

Smitty1911
01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I thought the crowd was pretty good last night on TV, but I didn't like the using of the "our house" chant at the end of the game. In the past few years, that chant is WAY overused. It is a chant that, in my opinion, should be used very sparingly (2-3 times a year) when we're in a tough battle in the last minute against a formidable foe. Not when we've sealed the win already. Just my opinion...but I remember a couple times when this cheer was used in a key end of game moment where I had chills down my spine...

I have to disagree here. I thought the "our house" last night was great. You could feel the excitement (and relief) after a surprisingly tough game. I think it's the perfect send-off to all competitive opponents as they depart Cameron. I don't hear it very often in the early season games, which is appropriate.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I wanted to go yell "Our House!" at the refs in the first half when the calls seemed to be a bit, uh, biased not in our favor. We obviously didn't give them enough payola last night :rolleyes::D

jv001
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I wanted to go yell "Our House!" at the refs in the first half when the calls seemed to be a bit, uh, biased not in our favor. We obviously didn't give them enough payola last night :rolleyes::D

Ozzie we are saving our $$$ for the unc game. Go Duke!

merry
01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
One of my favorite chants directed at Curry last night was "You can't eat that" <clap, clap, clapclapclap> when he was chewing on his mouthguard.