PDA

View Full Version : Morgan State 66, Maryland 65

buddy
01-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Guess Gary really had them ready to play tonight.

PSurprise
01-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Read this quickly and thought it said Michigan State. Hmm, Morgan State. Not so much. Ouch.

calltheobvious
01-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Given the circumstances this is worse than Wagner, no?

buddy
01-07-2009, 11:12 PM
That takes me way back. Yes, this should rank with the Wagner game. Except for the effect on the ACC (think the conference RPI will nosedive with this game and Harvard/BC) it really couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks. Anyone notice if College Park is on fire (literally)?

DukeFanInTerpLand
01-07-2009, 11:17 PM
cold and rainy up here tonight, not great fire weather. Saw a little of the game during commercial breaks, and there must have been 2000 people at the game. EMPTY arena, mostly students. Maybe the bad weather is to blame, but pretty pathetic.

The team, from what I saw, was less athletic than other MD teams. Vasquez is ok, but the supporting cast is nothing to write home about.

DukePA's Mom
01-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Could not believe it! Harvard scored! Now, Gonzaga over Tn. Wild night.

TillyGalore
01-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Could not believe it! Harvard scored! Now, Gonzaga over Tn. Wild night.

Hey DukePA's Mom, welcome to the boards!!! :D:D:D

JasonEvans
01-08-2009, 09:48 AM
This is a really bad loss, one which could easily come back to haunt them come March.

I mean we are talking about a MEAC conference team. The MEAC is one of the two or three worst leagues in all of Division 1. When lower-level teams in the Southern Conference and the Metro Atlantic are looking for guaranteed wins, they turn to the MEAC. Arrrggghh!

Morgan State was 5-8 coming into this game with losses to St. Francis, St. Mary's, Manhattan, La Salle and others. They did have a win over DePaul, but still...

Maryland was 11-2 coming into this game and had a very respectable ranking in the computers and the such. The Terps are likely to be firmly on the bubble come March. This game is going to look quite bad on their resume at that time.

--Jason "for more info on a very related story, click here!! (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=238727#post238727)" Evans

jv001
01-08-2009, 11:25 AM
This is a really bad loss, one which could easily come back to haunt them come March.

I mean we are talking about a MEAC conference team. The MEAC is one of the two or three worst leagues in all of Division 1. When lower-level teams in the Southern Conference and the Metro Atlantic are looking for guaranteed wins, they turn to the MEAC. Arrrggghh!

Morgan State was 5-8 coming into this game with losses to St. Francis, St. Mary's, Manhattan, La Salle and others. They did have a win over DePaul, but still...

Maryland was 11-2 coming into this game and had a very respectable ranking in the computers and the such. The Terps are likely to be firmly on the bubble come March. This game is going to look quite bad on their resume at that time.

--Jason "for more info on a very related story, click here!! (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=238727#post238727)" Evans

You're correct Jason, this will hurt the twerps come March. they wil be a bubble team and have a bad conference record. But since I dislike maryland almost as much as unc, I could care less. Go Duke!

Virginian
01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
But you watch, Md. will come out on fire against Duke. What a pathetic program up in College Park -- can get up only when playing Duke or another Tobacco Road team. They look like the Lakers against us and then can't beat a good high school team out of conference. Losers. Just the kind of team their fans deserve. Gosh, do I sound bitter?

jv001
01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
But you watch, Md. will come out on fire against Duke. What a pathetic program up in College Park -- can get up only when playing Duke or another Tobacco Road team. They look like the Lakers against us and then can't beat a good high school team out of conference. Losers. Just the kind of team their fans deserve. Gosh, do I sound bitter?

While I agree that in most years the twerps have really been up for Duke and played way over their heads. But this year I think we beat the crap out of them. Go Duke!