PDA

View Full Version : MBB Duke vs. Davidson In-game Thread

jpfrizzle
01-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Go DUKE ! ! ! !

superdave
01-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Good defensive pressure so far. Switching screens really clogs passing lanes and helps with denial.

But our offense is sloppy....has been all year.

dukebluelemur
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Cant watch the game, whats up with all the offensive foul calls, on both sides? Quick whistles, or everybody sloppy?

Cell-R
01-07-2009, 07:45 PM
So. Many. Turnovers.

At least we are doing a good job with Curry :)

RaineyDevil
01-07-2009, 07:50 PM
we are lucky to be up by as much as we are with the turnovers. Kyle is lookin good, very aggressive.

yancem
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Good defensive effort but our spacing on offense is awful! We also need to move the ball more.

YmoBeThere
01-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Harvard leading BC at the half...go Tommy!

91devil
01-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Enjoying the announcing team....very refreshing to hear different voices and perspectives.

JVG and MJ are 100% correct on the NBA charge rule (the semi circle near the basket). Too many charges in college, anyway.

roywhite
01-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Anything up with G? He didn't play very much.

Lavabe
01-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Would love to see more Zoubs.

Curry wound up with 8 pts in the half ... 4 more pts than turnovers.

juise
01-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Anything up with G? He didn't play very much.

I'm not watching, but I would guess that picking up his second foul with 10:43 left had something to do with it.

shadowfax336
01-07-2009, 08:04 PM
That was encouraging for Paulus other than the one ugly looking TO. He's getting back to where he was last year. I'd love to see him come out gunning in the second half.
And Singler looks great. It would be nice to see some others stepping up on O though

slower
01-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Enjoying the announcing team....very refreshing to hear different voices and perspectives.

JVG and MJ are 100% correct on the NBA charge rule (the semi circle near the basket). Too many charges in college, anyway.

Van Gundy and Tirico sound like they know more about Duke than ANY of the regular college announcers. THIS is what quality announcing sounds like. I never want to hear Vitale or Elmore or Jimmy Dykes again.

91devil
01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Van Gundy and Tirico sound like they know more about Duke than ANY of the regular college announcers. THIS is what quality announcing sounds like. I never want to hear Vitale or Elmore or Jimmy Dykes again.

The Van Gundy college picture and reference to Robbie Benson! Priceless!

superdave
01-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Agreed on the announcing team. I am enjoying it. Knowledgable. Engaging.

Paulus is a really strong contributor off the bench. Glad to see that.

Kyle is putting on a clinic.

Curry looks great driving to the hole. Shot is off though.

FireOgilvie
01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Curry is heating up and the lead has been cut to 14... Duke looks awful on offense and defense.

Paulus needs to have a seat on the bench for 10 minutes after that steal from Curry... probably longer. He's our 3rd best option at point guard right now. He's also a liability on defense. The plus and minus will show that.

Singler and Scheyer look good.

superdave
01-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Paulus has played well on D, actually. He had two good stints on Curry in the first half. Not sure what you are referring to.

The switching on D seems to have been more than Davidson can figure out tonight. They dont have the talent on the offensive end to exploit any of Duke's mistakes.

They have scored some transition buckets, but that's been it until the run the last 5 minutes.

Karl Beem
01-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Our problem right now is offense.

hughesmiester
01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Once again the slow down offense allows another team to get back into the game...

FireOgilvie
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Paulus has played well on D, actually. He had two good stints on Curry in the first half. Not sure what you are referring to.

I'm referring to Paulus getting beaten off the dribble every time he's on the court... not just tonight.

superdave
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Offense is ugly. Duke is ice cold and Davidson is collapsing into the lane.

Perhaps Zoubek might be a good option now. Gerald has missed on some nice shots in the lane. Guess you have to give Davidson credit on D. They didnt fold the way UNC did against BC!

Those offensive rebounds we just got were gutty...and huge!

DukeUsul
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Once again the slow down offense allows another team to get back into the game...

Really? I don't think we started the slow down until about the 3 minute mark, after the 5 minute scoring drought our normal offense suffered.

devildownunder
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Uh-oh. There will be some lively discussion on the board tonight, then.

Cell-R
01-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Davidson had me worried, I just wish Duke could've kept up their play until the end.

Duvall
01-07-2009, 09:15 PM

This is a joke, right?

FireOgilvie
01-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I want to see the plus/minus on this game. Jumbo has been AWOL for 5 days now though...

natedog4ever
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Smith = lackluster, Paulus = not bringing much at this point.

Play at the top has to improve before March. Right now it's better to have Scheyer controlling things.

Zoubek is awesome though.

roywhite
01-07-2009, 09:23 PM

Play at the top has to improve before March. Right now it's better to have Scheyer controlling things.

Gotta agree on all counts, natedog..

Nolan is lacking so far in directing half-court offense.

Zoubs---he moves better, looks better, gaining confidence, and his conditioning is improving. Keep going, big guy.

FireOgilvie
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Smith is not a playmaker like Scheyer or Singler. In general, he brings the ability to drive and score off the dribble and very good defense. Today was not his day. He couldn't find his shot and made that awful foul on Curry though that gave him 3 free throws. Overall, probably one of his worst games.

91devil
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
As good as I thought the new announcing team was early, they were equally as bad in the second half. They completely turned off the game! Much like the Duke team mentally turned things off, JVG and MJ did as well.

I enjoyed them early, was frustrated with them late.

devildownunder
01-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Gotta agree on all counts, natedog..

Nolan is lacking so far in directing half-court offense.

Zoubs---he moves better, looks better, gaining confidence, and his conditioning is improving. Keep going, big guy.

I didn't see this game but given Nolan's very limited experience at the 1, I would expect him to have such difficulties. Playing lead guard at Duke "ain't like dustin' crops, boy."

hughesmiester
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
This is a joke, right?

Of course it was, I was being sarcastic. Just pointing out that anytime Duke gives up somewhat of a big lead, the slow down offense is always to blame on this board.