PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas over Texas!

ArkieDukie
01-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Arkansas takes out their 2nd top 10 team in a week. As an added bonus, it's the Texas Longhorns!

Dear Arkansas AD:

Please sign John Pelphrey to a lucrative contract extension with a very large buyout clause. Soon. Please. Really, really soon.

Sincerely,
ArkieDukie

crote
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
WPS indeed.

It was especially heartening to see the Hogs not fall off when both Fortson and Washington were out with fouls for long stretches in the first half. There's so much attention on those two guys, people lose sight of the fact that Welsh is actually a pretty darn good guard, and Britt and Monk are both terrific glue guys.

Hopefully these wins are the part of a resurgence for Arkansas basketball. A strong Razorback team is good for the SEC, and good for college hoops in general.

ArkieDukie
01-07-2009, 07:52 AM
WPS indeed.

It was especially heartening to see the Hogs not fall off when both Fortson and Washington were out with fouls for long stretches in the first half. There's so much attention on those two guys, people lose sight of the fact that Welsh is actually a pretty darn good guard, and Britt and Monk are both terrific glue guys.

Hopefully these wins are the part of a resurgence for Arkansas basketball. A strong Razorback team is good for the SEC, and good for college hoops in general.

Exactly. The toughness factor is the biggest difference in this team, and credit for that rests squarely on the coach. I can't say enough about Pelphrey. He's a great coach.

dukerev
01-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Once again our friend Rick Barnes is proving himself a master recruiter, but a poor coach of said talent that ends up in Austin. By any measure, Texas put more talent on the floor last night. But Pelphrey had the Hogs more prepared and tougher than the Longhorns. I join my ArkieDukie in pleading with Jeff Long to lock up Pelphrey, particularly with a clause that is exceedingly draconian vis a vis going to UK.

hurleyfor3
01-07-2009, 10:06 AM
That was a fun game to watch. It has the feel of a good intraconference game, which I guess it used to be in the days of the ol' SWC.