PDA

View Full Version : Anti-UNC Shirts?

SuperSport
01-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know where to get some good Duke shirts? I mean the anti-North Carolina ones, like "Coach K > Roy Williams" And ones like "UNC Sucks", Friends don't let friends go to North Carolina".

I have several Duke shirts that say just "Duke" or Duke Basketball, but I am looking for some, I guess you could call it hater shirts.
BTW I would like to get them as cheap as possible.

Please Let Me Know If You Know Where To Find Any At.
Thanks And Have A Blessed Night/Day!

Hancock 4 Duke
01-04-2009, 11:30 PM
You can just take a regular blue shirt and take it to a screen printing place and tell them what to write on it

Highlander
01-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Here are a few from the Duke Store:

Basic Math (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=47&store=106&item_number=10700&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106&__session_info__=LlfCHY4pU5JJ5nhf4ECQWslnMvwY%2f19 1hB4rhyVHVODbDXrysYfLTdzSCBgN9wTjqRoEA1qIVgb0Dgni6 Q393t5OUHjwFAPRe28Wxj3AN2ioOoe0clJOp%2bbFpoSYZoQn)

Nothing but Class (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=58&store=106&item_number=15198&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106&__session_info__=LlfCHY4pU5JJ5nhf4ECQWslnMvwY%2f19 1hB4rhyVHVODbDXrysYfLTdzSCBgN9wTjqRoEA1qIVgb0Dgni6 Q393t5OUHjwFAPRe28Wxj3AN2ioOoe0clJOp%2bbFpoSYZoQn# )

Rivalry? (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=46&store=106&item_number=15166&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106&__session_info__=LlfCHY4pU5JJ5nhf4ECQWslnMvwY%2f19 1hB4rhyVHVODbDXrysYfLTdzSCBgN9wTjqRoEA1qIVgb0Dgni6 Q393t5OUHjwFAPRe28Wxj3AN2ioOoe0clJOp%2bbFpoSYZoQn# )

Capn Poptart
01-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Here are a few:

http://www.cafepress.com/purplewaterbug/2289551

WojoSay?
01-05-2009, 12:05 AM
http://www.sportscrack.com/tees_tarholes.html

Namtilal
01-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Not that you asked, but these kind of shirts are in such bad taste. They would fit for Maryland, but I have too much respect for UNC to ever wear a shirt like that.

I hate it when UNC and Duke fans talk about how classy their team is and how the other team isn't. I accept the fact that they're the second best program in the country.

SuperSport
01-05-2009, 12:28 AM
I never said anything about class. I am a Georgia fan and a Duke fan, I dislike Florida and UNC more than anything.

I want these shirts for a few of my UNC fans, and I don't know if I respect UNC or not? Nope I don't!

jv001
01-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I never said anything about class. I am a Georgia fan and a Duke fan, I dislike Florida and UNC more than anything.

I want these shirts for a few of my UNC fans, and I don't know if I respect UNC or not? Nope I don't!

Now that didn't take long to think on. Go Duke!

DukieInKansas
01-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Not that you asked, but these kind of shirts are in such bad taste. They would fit for Maryland, but I have too much respect for UNC to ever wear a shirt like that.

I hate it when UNC and Duke fans talk about how classy their team is and how the other team isn't. I accept the fact that they're the second best program in the country.

Now if only they could. ;)

ddsdevil
01-05-2009, 09:47 AM

I agree with this. Not just that it's bad taste, but because it also gives pub to the Heels. I personally like seeing a Heels fan walking around with an "I hate Duke" shirt on because it shows that we are on their minds.

DukeAlum2002
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I was just going to post a question asking the same thing on where to find these shirts. But I happened to come across this older thread. I get that ppl say it's bad taste, not classy, etc. But I played football for one year (unfortunately wasn't good enough to play more than that) and I loved seeing fans wearing anti team shirts. I don't know, just my personal opinion though.

I bought this FUKU HEELS shirt - www.fukushirts.com/heels .... but would like to buy other ones as well. I pretty much have a collection of anti-unc shirts I hate carolina and they are always on my mind. I think if you're a Duke fan or Alum, they always are.

If anyone has any other links to some, please post them for me. Thanks.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I was just going to post a question asking the same thing on where to find these shirts. But I happened to come across this older thread. I get that ppl say it's bad taste, not classy, etc. But I played football for one year (unfortunately wasn't good enough to play more than that) and I loved seeing fans wearing anti team shirts. I don't know, just my personal opinion though.

I bought this FUKU HEELS shirt - www.fukushirts.com/heels (http://www.fukushirts.com/heels) .... but would like to buy other ones as well. I pretty much have a collection of anti-unc shirts I hate carolina and they are always on my mind. I think if you're a Duke fan or Alum, they always are.

If anyone has any other links to some, please post them for me. Thanks.
I wouldn't wear one, and I hope I never see a Duke fan wear one. Where as Go To Hell carolina, GTHc and 9F are all in good fun and reasonable taste, FUKU is crude, rude and socially unacceptable

CameronBornAndBred
09-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I bought a shirt last year at the end of the Miami game (unc was next opponent) that says
"Beat North Carolina" on the front and "Tarheels Suck" on the back. I only wear it at home, it makes a great pajama shirt. (In fact it's the one in my avatar). As fun as it is to own as a fan, I respect others too much to wear it while out in public.

mailman2927
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
you can find shirts like that on ebay

Newton_14
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't wear one, and I hope I never see a Duke fan wear one. Where as Go To Hell carolina, GTHc and 9F are all in good fun and reasonable taste, FUKU is crude, rude and socially unacceptable

I am with you all the way on this one Ozzie. That is over the top and very Maryland like in taste. I would hope Duke folks would stay away from that shirt or any shirt with the F word in it...

Just my two cents.. but there are plenty of other great shirts available at the online Duke store that are fun but do not cross the line...

RelativeWays
09-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Some of the generic hater shirts are just too sophmoric for my tastes, and you can swap any team and their rival, its the same.

Now I've always loved the "I wanna be like Mike" t-shirts with Deano on the front from the early nineties. I knew several sheep fans who didn't get that the pun was about Coach K, not Jordan. Good times.

Turtleboy
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
You can just take a regular blue shirt and take it to a screen printing place and tell them what to write on itWouldn't screen printing just one shirt be prohibitively expensive?

CameronBornAndBred
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Wouldn't screen printing just one shirt be prohibitively expensive?
Not really, they can do letters fairly easily..they are basically ironed on. Ozzie had a shirt modified recently, it was done the same day he dropped it off.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't screen printing just one shirt be prohibitively expensive?

Not really, they can do letters fairly easily..they are basically ironed on. Ozzie had a shirt modified recently, it was done the same day he dropped it off.
Actually, they weren't busy and I waited for it. Took her about 25 minutes to cut out the stensils (really neat automated machine cuts the vinyl) and then she ironed/pressed them on. Four F's (3 different sizes) and a GTHC later, I was on my way! The 9's were already on the shirt - they sell it at the Duke book store in the Bryan Center.

Turtleboy
09-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Not really, they can do letters fairly easily..they are basically ironed on. Ozzie had a shirt modified recently, it was done the same day he dropped it off.That's not screen printing.

Duke0511
11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I had this one made it was only $25 and I think its great. I had to give them some convincing to print it with the duke Bball symbol. But since I was only buying 1, they did it.

http://www.customink.com/designs/dukeunc/11043547-2315199/retrieve

I made it in black too...

Mrezt
11-18-2009, 09:28 PM
http://diehardthreads.com/product/go-to-hell-carolina-shirt

nmduke2001
11-18-2009, 09:38 PM
I bought one before a game my senior year that says, "state sucks..." in front and "but Carolina swallows" on the back. I never wear it, but it still makes me laugh.

rsvman
11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
What we need is a nice quality polo shirt or button-down dress shirt with a little embroidered 9F where the polo player guy usually is. That would be awesome.

WiJoe
11-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I bought one before a game my senior year that says, "state sucks..." in front and "but Carolina swallows" on the back. I never wear it, but it still makes me laugh.

That is the all-time classic shirt. I've been looking for that one for a long time. You must have been a senior many years ago. I might put Maryland on the front instead of State, though.

:eek:

nmduke2001
11-18-2009, 10:27 PM
That is the all-time classic shirt. I've been looking for that one for a long time. You must have been a senior many years ago. I might put Maryland on the front instead of State, though.

:eek:

Actually the 2001 in my screen name is the year I graduated, but thanks for making me feel really old ;)

I do agree about Maryland, however.

WiJoe
11-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Actually the 2001 in my screen name is the year I graduated, but thanks for making me feel really old ;)

I do agree about Maryland, however.

Sorry about that. No offense intended.

Cameron
11-19-2009, 12:48 AM
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/15166.jpg

If purchased, this one should probably be placed on layaway for the time being. Just sayin'.

ricks68
11-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I had this one made it was only $25 and I think its great. I had to give them some convincing to print it with the duke Bball symbol. But since I was only buying 1, they did it.

http://www.customink.com/designs/dukeunc/11043547-2315199/retrieve

I made it in black too...

I went to the website and thought the shirt was awesome. I do believe, however, that the logo on the bottom is copyright infringement and will probably be removed pretty quickly. You also cannot order just one in the blue, but can in the black. How did you get just one in blue?

ricks

Duke0511
11-19-2009, 04:55 AM
I went to the website and thought the shirt was awesome. I do believe, however, that the logo on the bottom is copyright infringement and will probably be removed pretty quickly. You also cannot order just one in the blue, but can in the black. How did you get just one in blue?

ricks

Yeah, I made it and then they called me and told me the logo was copyrighted. I just asked if the could make it for me cause I was only making 1 and wasn't making them for resale or anything... so they did. You should be able to order it in Blue.

Duke0511
11-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Yeah, I made it and then they called me and told me the logo was copyrighted. I just asked if the could make it for me cause I was only making 1 and wasn't making them for resale or anything... so they did. You should be able to order it in Blue.

I just went back to the link and said there is a 6 piece minimum for the blue now, but when I ordered it back in Feb. it was only 1 piece minimum... You just have to go to the checkout button and then it will bring up the design and you can change the shirt to a Gildan Ultra T in Royal that shirt is a 1 minimum....

Here's the black one too
http://www.customink.com/designs/dukeblk/11039204-2315199/retrieve

oldnavy
11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Basically any Duke shirt is an anti-UNC shirt...

I like to keep it simple, just a plain shirt with Duke across the front... nuf' said, and trust me any hole knows where I stand.

And I want to make a side point here. Unlike folks that wear Duke logos, you never know if someone wearing a UNC outfit is a fan or not. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone wearing a tarhole shirt that I have asked a question about the team or the season so far, only to get a response like... "uh, I don't really follow them..." or the like. There are a lot of posers out there wearing baby blue.

flyingdutchdevil
11-19-2009, 07:41 AM
And I want to make a side point here. Unlike folks that wear Duke logos, you never know if someone wearing a UNC outfit is a fan or not. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone wearing a tarhole shirt that I have asked a question about the team or the season so far, only to get a response like... "uh, I don't really follow them..." or the like. There are a lot of posers out there wearing baby blue.

Don't want to offend anyone from Boston, but I view the Red Sox and UNC as very similar teams when perceived by the general public: bandwagon fans who generally know very little about the team and just enjoy wearing the team's paraphernalia.

Side note: I have nothing against the Red Sox, but I hate Red Sox fans. IMO, they are so much worse than Yankee fans...

davekay1971
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know where to get some good Duke shirts? I mean the anti-North Carolina ones, like "Coach K > Roy Williams" And ones like "UNC Sucks", Friends don't let friends go to North Carolina".

I have several Duke shirts that say just "Duke" or Duke Basketball, but I am looking for some, I guess you could call it hater shirts.
BTW I would like to get them as cheap as possible.

Please Let Me Know If You Know Where To Find Any At.
Thanks And Have A Blessed Night/Day!

You can make your own at customtees.com, I think. My wife saw a picture from my college days, me wearing a t-shirt that said, on the front "NC State Sucks", and on the back, "But Carolina [edited for DBR family friendly content]".

Now, I like State and she's a State gal, and she forgave me for the front of the shirt because of the more vulgar back of the shirt. A couple months later, on Christmas morning, I opened up a present to find a beautiful Duke blue t-shirt that said, on the front, "Carolina Sucks", and, on the back, "But Hansbrough [edited for DBR family friendly content]".

aro24
11-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I have an entire drawer of my dresser dedicated to duke t-shirts. My favorite is one I was given while in college. (don't wear it anymore) But it was around the time of the 7Up campaign of "Make 7 Up yours". If you remember those t-shirts......well, I was given one that has "Hey Carolina" on the front, and "Up Yours" on the back. I actually had one of the 7Up shirts as well (they were giving them away on campus). Just makes me laugh....a great ad campaign from a play on words. So simple.

A-Ro

Highlander
11-19-2009, 08:47 AM
There was one that came out for the Duke/UNC football game in 1994 that had a blue devil paddling a ram over his knee. On the top it said "We can beat them on the field" and across the bottom "They can beat us [opposite of on]."

Mr Blue Devil
11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
I have the very simple Duke > UNC shirt that I wear quite often.

Carolina_Blue
11-19-2009, 10:58 AM

Completely agree accept for the second best program part...ha...but yea the go to hell duke shirts and I hate UNC just not a good look for fans on either side. This rivalry doesnt need t-shirts ... the rivalry speaks for itself

Carolina_Blue
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/15166.jpg

If purchased, this one should probably be placed on layaway for the time being. Just sayin'.

now thats funny

Reddevil
11-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I consciously avoid buying things that are light blue. Is that weird?:confused:

allenmurray
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
What we need is a nice quality polo shirt or button-down dress shirt with a little embroidered 9F where the polo player guy usually is. That would be awesome.

That would be easy to do, and pretty cheap as well.

I had shirts made for myself and my coaches when I managed Little League. I bought really nice polo shirts (actually golf shirts) at Costco for $14 each and he embroidered "North Durham Little League" with a set of crossed baseball bats for just $7. Total cost of $21.

If you want to have one done (and are local) send me a PM and I'll give you the name and number of the shop that did the work - he's a great guy, and does excellent work. I bet you could get a bunch of the brunchgate crowd to go together on them, and Ozzie4Duke might just buy 20!

(The shop would probably charge the same for a "9F" as for the more extesive work I had done simply because it takes a certain amount of time to set up the automated sewing machine no matter how simple the design. He sewed it onto a nice backing so it stays looking good even if the shirt stretches or shrinks.)

allenmurray
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM

Pastel blue should be reserved for pretty girls' sundresses, boys under the age of 5, and UNC athletes. No one else should wear it. Ever.

airowe
11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
No, RedDevil, it's not. I have successfully argued my way out of having watered down blue anywhere in my upcoming wedding and have changed the planned color of the walls in my bedrooms from ugly blue to a sage.

I can also print anything on a shirt if anyone's interested, we do it in my business. PM me if you want to get this started.

akers3118
10-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Some of the generic hater shirts are just too sophmoric for my tastes, and you can swap any team and their rival, its the same.

Now I've always loved the "I wanna be like Mike" t-shirts with Deano on the front from the early nineties. I knew several sheep fans who didn't get that the pun was about Coach K, not Jordan. Good times.

I've been trying to find this shirt since I was 11 and I have never been able to track one
down, does anyone know where I can get the Duke/Dean Smith, I want to be like mike
t-shirt that was created during the 1991/1992 Duke years? If anyone can help me that
would be awesome!!!!!

moonpie23
10-08-2010, 03:04 PM
82-50

Duvall
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
82-50

82-50 (http://ampersandthreads.bigcartel.com/product/pure-massacre).

Duke: A Dynasty
10-08-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.carolinasucks.com/pn/html/index.php

New University of National Cheaters shirt is out

striker219
10-09-2010, 03:09 AM

White Large...add to cart...shipping to United State...update total...checkout...

CameronBornAndBred
10-09-2010, 09:14 AM
My most recent favorite shirt is "Butch Davis' nanny is my tutor".

cameroncrazie25
10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi all
I know many of you have been interested in/purchased some GTHC stickers and koozies when I have posted before, so I figured I would remind everyone they are still available. Stickers are available with or without the explanation at the bottom, and are $3 each or 4 for $10.Shipping is free for everything. Koozies are 'slap' koozies, in that they slap onto your drink like the bracelets from the 80s. They are only available without words and are $6 each or 4 for $20. Here's a link to some pictures.
http://picasaweb.google.com/GTHCkoozies/GTHCKoozies#
If you're interested, send me an email at snp6@alumni.duke.edu.
Go Duke!
Sarah T'03

-bdbd
10-10-2010, 01:00 AM
I agree with this. Not just that it's bad taste, but because it also gives pub to the Heels. I personally like seeing a Heels fan walking around with an "I hate Duke" shirt on because it shows that we are on their minds.

I happened to go to the Final Four in St Louis in 2005. (Not to root for NC@CH, mind you, but b/c I'd submitted 10 months earlier for the lottery from the NCAA, and won a pair of face-value tickets.....perhaps overly optimistic that the Devils would be there waiting...) But it absolutely made me SMILE EAR TO EAR to see so many heels fans wearling anti-Duke shirts and hats. I mean, here was their greatest hour, after a long, long absence, and athe the Final Four quite a few of them were more obsessed with hating on Duke than in promoting their own team. As a Duke loyalist, how could it NOT make you proud??!

So, yes, while I might wear something anti-NC@CH in private, or even at a Duke function, or with friends......I'd never wear it in public and give them that same satisfaction.

Just my 2-cents....

:D

Skitzle
10-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Any one know if there is a place to buy a UNC 2010 NIT runner up shirt?

_TheFakeJWill_
10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
avoid? how about never! I do the same and call out all of my friends and family when they do whether they know or care what im talking about or not.

devildeac
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I've been trying to find this shirt since I was 11 and I have never been able to track one
down, does anyone know where I can get the Duke/Dean Smith, I want to be like mike
t-shirt that was created during the 1991/1992 Duke years? If anyone can help me that
would be awesome!!!!!

I have one in my t-shirt drawer but it's not in very good shape after about 18 years;). I'd bet that shirt is LOONNNGGG out of stock. IIRC, they would not sell it on campus so I got mine at the Duck Shop on 9th Street.

http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

_TheFakeJWill_
10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I have one in my t-shirt drawer but it's not in very good shape after about 18 years;). I'd bet that shirt is LOONNNGGG out of stock. IIRC, they would not sell it on campus so I got mine at the Duck Shop on 9th Street.

any pics of it... just curious :)

devildeac
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
any pics of it... just curious :)

I'll try to have one ready tomorrow.

DU82
10-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Any one know if there is a place to buy a UNC 2010 NIT runner up shirt?

Not sure (and I'm sure I wouldn't want one anyway...I won't buy the Duke>UNC shirt because of the awful logo on the right half of the shirt).

But I have worn my Duke National Championship hat along with a Dayton 2010 NIT Championship t-shirt in Chapel Hill. (At least the cashier at Trader Joe's got the reason for the combo, and laughed.)

sgdevil
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
One of my all time favorite was the I Said No To Dean t-shirts I ordered from the DBR 10 years ago. It's slogan is no longer relevant but I had a lot of fun wearing that around my tarheel friends at the time.

davekay1971
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
My wife has come up with 2 new t-shirts and had them made, this time for our nearly 2 year old daughter.

One is NC State Wolfpack red and, on the front, in white lettering, reads, "I'm too pretty to go to Carolina", while on the back it reads "Go State!"

The other is Duke blue and reads on the front, "I'm too pretty to go to Carolina", and on the back, of course, "Go Duke!"

As always, in house with divided State and Duke loyalties, we always agree on our common loathing of Carolina :D

HaveFunExpectToWin
10-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Wow, these shirts are great! Thanks

DevilWearsPrada
10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Any shirts available for:

UNC University of Non Compliance

akers3118
03-10-2011, 07:12 PM

Well If you are trying to let it go, I'd love to have it or buy it of ya! I've been looking for that forever and I could maybe get it reproduced...

dukebluesincebirth
03-10-2011, 08:47 PM
My best Duke tee shirt is now retired as memorabilia. It's a Duke blue picture of the face of Jesus and it says "Jesus is a Blue Devil Fan." And the reason it's retired is that is was signed (endorsed) by none other than Jon Scheyer after last year's championship. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

devildeac
03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Well If you are trying to let it go, I'd love to have it or buy it of ya! I've been looking for that forever and I could maybe get it reproduced...

That shirt is a Duke fan's collector's item. It would be really tough to sell. It is quite well worn and frayed, too.

BleedsP287
03-10-2011, 11:07 PM
No, RedDevil, it's not. I have successfully argued my way out of having watered down blue anywhere in my upcoming wedding and have changed the planned color of the walls in my bedrooms from ugly blue to a sage.

I have terrible migraines, and when I recently got a new office in the new wing of our building they gave me the special "anti-migraine" package that included incandescent lights and Carolina blue walls. I get a headache just thinking about it. And it isn't like my school allegiance isn't well known, I suspect there is a UNC mole down in Human Resources somewhere. I need to frame up a 'It might be a Carolina blue sky, but it's a Duke Blue Planet' print to balance the decor.

NovaScotian
03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
My best Duke tee shirt is now retired as memorabilia. It's a Duke blue picture of the face of Jesus and it says "Jesus is a Blue Devil Fan." And the reason it's retired is that is was signed (endorsed) by none other than Jon Scheyer after last year's championship. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

this is really just the best thing i've ever heard.

msdukie
03-11-2011, 12:47 AM

I feel I must point out the irony of the fact that Jon Scheyer is Jewish....

El_Diablo
03-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Jon Scheyer is Jewish....

...just like JC!

DevilWearsPrada
03-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Actually, Coach K said at a luncheon in December, that he didn't like Duke associated with another team (ie:Carolina) on a teeshirt or bumper sticker. Because that would give them acknowledgment and we dont wont to do that.

I agree and disagree with that. Because I love GTHC anyday, anyway. And although I dont have a shirt from last season Duke 82 Unc 50, I know the Duck Shop sold them. I like to remind myself of what a blowout that game was on Senior Night for Jon, Lance and Zoubs!

And of course, if we won a National Championship playing the Holes, I would plaster that score all over everything.

But today, I will be at the GBORO coliseum, and all the Holes will be there, oh make me sick. I hate their Tar Hole Chant. I will be a Miami Hurricane fan today.

I do have a Duke is > Unc Basic Math teeshirt. I havent worn it in years.

I like all of your shirts. Keep wearing them! Coach has his opinion and we have ours!

GTHC GTH!

And as always,
Go Duke!!

BleedsP287
03-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Does anyone have a link to a polo shirt embroidered with 9F like discussed above, or did we decide it would have to be custom made? I like that balance of obscure reference to in-your-face-rude-to-UNC quote. I think I'd get the single 9F on the left breast, I think 3 in a row would lose some of the understated classiness of the concept. Can it be classy to say that to someone? I think in this rare case it would be.

WVDUKEFAN
03-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Does anyone have a link to a polo shirt embroidered with 9F like discussed above, or did we decide it would have to be custom made? I like that balance of obscure reference to in-your-face-rude-to-UNC quote. I think I'd get the single 9F on the left breast, I think 3 in a row would lose some of the understated classiness of the concept. Can it be classy to say that to someone? I think in this rare case it would be.

Here is my dumb question for the day, or at least the first one - What does 9F stand for or indicate? Thanks.

wilson
03-11-2011, 12:00 PM
...'It might be a Carolina blue sky'...God put that stuff up in the sky so we wouldn't have to worry about stepping in it.

-jk
03-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Here is my dumb question for the day, or at least the first one - What does 9F stand for or indicate? Thanks.

Look in the stickies at the top of the forum.

-jk

DevilHorns
03-11-2011, 12:34 PM
It's NOT a 'carolina blue' sky.

What was created first, the world, the heavens, life... or..... UNC basketball?

UNC picked it's colors. The 'sky' didn't pick it's color based on UNC. The sheer arrogance and entitlement of the UNC fanbase is beyond reason.

Man I hope they lose to Miami today.

9F!

ikiru36
03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
I can't remember if I've seen it or simply dreamed it, but as a Durham/CH/NC native, I'd love a simple "DUKE: THE University of North Carolina" shirt. For the graphic, maybe an outline of the state with a big Duke logo over the Triangle? Just acknowledging that Duke is, proudly, the top academic school in the State of North Carolina.

That really ought to get under they're skin!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Then, maybe just put a large 82-50 on the back so as to tweak 'em coming and going?! :0)

thewoosh31
02-18-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.zazzle.com/go_to_class_carolina_t_shirt-235462114970566677

What a witty and playful twist from the original GTHC.