PDA

View Full Version : "Duke" Article

quickgtp
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I hope everyone had a great New Year holiday!

I was perusing the net and came across this article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/99310-college-basketball-freight-train-headed-for-duke#comment_470880

This article is terrible, and it makes me wonder why people think Duke hasn't changed from last year. Do we have the dominating post presence? IMO, no, but it has been effecive for how we run our offensive sets. I also realize that spelling is not the most important thing, but if you are going to write about a team, how can you mess up the names of guys like Miles PLUMLEE, or OLEK Czyz? This blows my mind.....

riverside6
01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I touched on the differences between this year's team and last in this thread (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13484).

The key is rebounding.

Richard Berg
01-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Eh, the author is no Jumbo, but he's no Doyel either. Just another dude with an average level of basketball knowledge trying to get some page hits.

geraldsneighbor
01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Haha, there was an article on the Paulus/Nolan situation in SI last week and while I found it highly complementative of Nolan's ability, it ripped GP3 a new one. Calling him slow, a poor defender, and basically a jump shooter trying to play the point. Essentially blaming him for Duke's "shortcomings" the past few years. It even went as far to quote a Xavier player saying the difference between the two is "night and day."

Look, its clear Nolan has become the better of the two, but making Greg out to be some schmuck Duke pulled off the street pissed me off. Greg is better then that, and deserves the respect of the reporter and that Xavier player Duke just finished stomping by 20.

Now, I got that out of my system.

arnie
01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Haha, there was an article on the Paulus/Nolan situation in SI last week and while I found it highly complementative of Nolan's ability, it ripped GP3 a new one. Calling him slow, a poor defender, and basically a jump shooter trying to play the point. Essentially blaming him for Duke's "shortcomings" the past few years. It even went as far to quote a Xavier player saying the difference between the two is "night and day."

Look, its clear Nolan has become the better of the two, but making Greg out to be some schmuck Duke pulled off the street pissed me off. Greg is better then that, and deserves the respect of the reporter and that Xavier player Duke just finished stomping by 20.

Now, I got that out of my system.

I read the same article and didn't think it was that off base. Maybe the quote from the Xavier player was a little harsh, but it apparently was the player's opinion. To me Greg has shown more ability as a jump shooter than as a point guard for a top 10 team.

Devilsfan
01-03-2009, 04:30 PM
When talking about the "merits" of this team it is very premature to even mention the names Plumlee or Olek let alone spell them correctly. Now EWill that's a diiferent story!