PDA

View Full Version : need help with new Mac

BCGroup
01-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I have a new Mac desktop (which I love), but the new Christmas kitten stepped on the keyboard and now my screen is larger than the visible screen, so I have to scroll back and forth to see even the full desktop. I know there is some simple way to fix this, but I've searched and haven't found the solution. Any ideas?

YmoBeThere
01-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Put the kitten back on the keyboard and let them fix it? Congratulations on the new cat!

I kid of course, I haven't touched a Mac since undergrad which ended in '93.

PS Cats work great as avatars...

OZZIE4DUKE
01-01-2009, 12:23 PM
PS Cats work great as avatars...

I swear to God that I sneezed as I read your post! LOL.

camion
01-01-2009, 03:12 PM
My cat frequently helps me type and has zoomed the screen a couple of times.

In Leopard, if you are using a mouse, you can hold the 'control' key down and adjust the zoom by using using the scroll ball. You can turn this on and off in System Preferences-->keyboard and mouse in the mouse tab at the bottom.

There are also zoom settings available in System Preferences--> Universal Access and in Firefox web browser in the View menu.

BCGroup
01-01-2009, 03:46 PM
That fixed it! You are better than Apple support, which isn't calling me until tomorrow morning. Thank you so much--DBR never fails!

OZZIE4DUKE
01-01-2009, 05:19 PM
That fixed it! You are better than Apple support, which isn't calling me until tomorrow morning. Thank you so much--DBR never fails!

Tell your cat that the next time he steps on your keyboard he's getting one of those new fangled air-tight cat cages... :rolleyes: