PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma vs Arkansas

loran16
12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Anyone else keep track of this game? (doesnt appear to be on TV but on 360 and i don't get 360 at home).

Arkansas is up by 19 now, was as much as 25 with 11 minutes left in the half.

And Oklahoma appears to be attempting 3 after 3 and is failing to come back.

Wow.

EDIT-I post this then Okla goes on a 16-0 Run. Lead down to 9 now.

dukefanSD
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
My husband somehow predicted this. I don't want OU to lose because I root for them 'cause of their coach and I don't want us to move up much more in the polls and Uconn also lost.

loran16
12-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Arkansas now up 4.......my goodness, if they blow this...

RainingThrees
12-30-2008, 10:13 PM
5 point game 3 min. to play Arkansas up.

wisteria
12-30-2008, 10:25 PM
OU goes down.

Now that #2 and #4 both went down, we need 1)Pitt to lose at G-town and 2) Duke and Wake taking care of their business this week, to get an all-ACC top 3 in the poll. :D

sagegrouse
12-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Anyone else keep track of this game? (doesnt appear to be on TV but on 360 and i don't get 360 at home).

Arkansas is up by 19 now, was as much as 25 with 11 minutes left in the half.

And Oklahoma appears to be attempting 3 after 3 and is failing to come back.

Wow.

EDIT-I post this then Okla goes on a 16-0 Run. Lead down to 9 now.

I thought this was football, until the other posters weighed in --

Oh, well. This is the Duke Basketball Report, so we should have some basketball threads.

sagegrouse

geraldsneighbor
12-30-2008, 10:50 PM
1. UNC 2. Pitt 3. Duke 4. Wake
Alright ACC..all I gotta say is Hello numba 3. Let's get it rolling this week boys.

DoubleDuke Dad
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
5 point game 3 min. to play Arkansas up.

It is not surprising that OU was not able to catch up. The box score lists only 8 players for OU and 4 of them fouled out!

dukerev
12-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Saw the game on the local network. The Razorbacks will lose some games they should win this year, but they are very talented. Courtney Fortson (5'11" freshman point guard) is the real deal and the motor that drives the Hogs' engine. He has D-I's only triple double this year (first for a Hog since Alvin Robertson), and nearly matched last night with 12-10-8. Monk is a good story, and helped last night when the refs decided to call fouls on everyone in the building. But the real story in Fayetteville is the rapid development of youth. Razorback basketball is back - in a weak SEC they'll compete for the West title and could challenge Tennessee for the overall crown - and in two years they'll be a top 10 team.

I love our Blue Devil team and wouldn't trade one of them. Wouldn't mind having Fortson, though. In a very small way, he reminds me of a freshman J-Will.

ArkieDukie
12-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Saw the game on the local network. The Razorbacks will lose some games they should win this year, but they are very talented. Courtney Fortson (5'11" freshman point guard) is the real deal and the motor that drives the Hogs' engine. He has D-I's only triple double this year (first for a Hog since Alvin Robertson), and nearly matched last night with 12-10-8. Monk is a good story, and helped last night when the refs decided to call fouls on everyone in the building. But the real story in Fayetteville is the rapid development of youth. Razorback basketball is back - in a weak SEC they'll compete for the West title and could challenge Tennessee for the overall crown - and in two years they'll be a top 10 team.

I love our Blue Devil team and wouldn't trade one of them. Wouldn't mind having Fortson, though. In a very small way, he reminds me of a freshman J-Will.

I watched much of this game as well. Fortson is amazing - he has one speed (very fast) and is a great passer. Monk may very well have been the missing piece to this team. I thought he looked great. This team is going to be great fun to watch.

I really hope that the new AD locks Pelphrey into a very good contract very soon. Everyone here is afraid that certain schools (cough ... Kentucky ... cough) are going to notice what a great job he's doing and make a run for him. Arkansas got darn lucky when Gillispie decided to ditch them for Kentucky. (Broyles fired Heath because he thought Gillispie was in the bag.)