PDA

View Full Version : Watching Duke Online?

evrim
12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Is there a way to watch Duke games online? I fully intend to pay for it - it is pretty much the only thing I watch on TV so if I can get an online viewing possibility I can get rid off cable.

Evrim in Portland
http://www.evrimgallery.com

OZZIE4DUKE
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Is there a way to watch Duke games online? I fully intend to pay for it - it is pretty much the only thing I watch on TV so if I can get an online viewing possibility I can get rid off cable.

Evrim in Portland
http://www.evrimgallery.com

You may be a 1/2 year too early. Duke has offered some online telecasts with mixed to poor results, judging by the posts here. But next year (fall 2009) they hope to offer a full range of sports televised or radio'd on the internet, with much improved quality. Or so I've heard. Seeing will be believing.

Cameron
12-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Definitely don't get rid of your cable until Go Duke Inside Access folds its current operation and invents something that actually works.

I am still trying to figure out how the exhibition game with Virginia Union went.

Basically you pay video/audio fees per month to watch and hear Blue Devil game action in order to receive archived press conference coverage of soccer and swimming. And when there actually is video to be had, that doesn't work.

Why I still have the service I don't know.

CameronBornAndBred
12-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Definitely don't get rid of your cable until Go Duke Inside Access folds its current operation and invents something that actually works.

I am still trying to figure out how the exhibition game with Virginia Union went.

Basically you pay video/audio fees per month to watch and hear Blue Devil game action in order to receive archived press conference coverage of soccer and swimming. And when there actually is video to be had, that doesn't work.

Why I still have the service I don't know.
I pay for the audio only package, in case I'm on the road or for the rare non TV games, and football. I also use it to keep tabs on the women's games, but it sounds horrible and whiney. It's painful to listen to on headphones.. Most of the press conference stuff can be viewed in full on WRAL's site.

shoutingncu
12-31-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure www.ESPN360.com has the game, if your browser carries it. That is, today's game (and probably most of Duke's... and Carolina's for that matter).

heifer
12-31-2008, 02:29 PM
i ditched cable when i got verizon to supply my internet so that i could get espn360.com. i've seen nearly all of duke's games that way. i had to go to a sports bar to see xavier and missed a few early season games altogether, but from here on out i should be able to see almost everything. plus, they archive games for a few days, so not only am i saving money on cable, i didn't have to fork out for tivo/dvr that i would've needed with cable anyway.