PDA

View Full Version : Parker Goyer

Jim3k
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Today's headline included the story about 2007 grad and tennis player Parker Goyer. Since no one has commented here, let me recommend the read.

Then take a look at this article about her in ZooTennis (http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/2008/11/parker-goyer-named-rhodes-scholar-ahn.html). Once there, click the photo and expand it. You can see her wearing her Duke tee-shirt in the upper right of the group. (And her UNC counterpart is in the opposite location on the left.

I say Congratulations, Parker! Job well done. But keep up the work at Oxford!

Bluedog
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
I took multivariable calculus with Parker (with a professor who didn't change his shirt all semester, no joke, but I digress....), and she is definitely deserving of the award. One small correction: Parker finished with a singles record of 31-17, not 20-14 as said in the article. But yeah, she's smart. And clearly has started a great program. She's also very short, which makes her tennis all the more impressive. ;) I never got to play her in tennis myself, but I played with somebody who played with her quite a bit. I'm always impressed with varsity athletes who excel in the classroom at such a high level. It's not an easy thing to do, especially when you take rigorous courses as Parker did - she definitely did not have a cupcake schedule.

Congratulations!

heyman25
12-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Great ambassador for USA.Her program in Viet Nam is commendable.I am sure she will do great things in the future.