PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Hansbrough's job

killerleft
12-24-2008, 08:37 PM
What a field day that wonderful website truthaboutduke.com will have with the story of Tami Hansbrough's new job... uh, maybe not. They still have some silly stuff up about Duhon's mom and Boozer's dad finding jobs in the Triangle.

Did Tyler come back for his senior year in exchange for his mom's new job? I don't believe it for a minute... ha ha ha, what goes around comes around... and Tar Heel Mom is movin' on up to the East Side!!

sagegrouse
12-24-2008, 08:59 PM
What a field day that wonderful website truthaboutduke.com will have with the story of Tami Hansbrough's new job... uh, maybe not. They still have some silly stuff up about Duhon's mom and Boozer's dad finding jobs in the Triangle.

Did Tyler come back for his senior year in exchange for his mom's new job? I don't believe it for a minute... ha ha ha, what goes around comes around... and Tar Heel Mom is movin' on up to the East Side!!

So, clue us in. What's the gig?

sagegrouse

bulldog44
12-24-2008, 09:22 PM
So, clue us in. What's the gig?

sagegrouse

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/81933-unc-hires-hansbroughs-mom

killerleft
12-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Tami Hansbrough was named Associate Director of Development at UNC School of Dentistry. She'll be doing fundraising stuff.

I expect that she was qualified for the position.

I also think that had this been a Duke basketball player's mom getting a similar job at Duke, we'd be hearing lots more questions being raised about nepotism.

dukemomLA
12-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I have no problem with nepotism, IF -- and I repeat IF the person is qualified for the job.

Come on, guys. We all do it -- to help friends and relatives if they meet the criteria. IF Tami has the qualifications, I don't have any problem with her being given this job. And yes, I recall that Duhon & Boozer had relatives who obtained positions at Duke........ and I'm sure are others.

Again, no problem from me.

sagegrouse
12-24-2008, 11:28 PM
This really isn't a case of nepotism, since it is unlikely that Tyler himself arranged for her hire.

Moreover, she isn't a nephew; she's a mom -- "maternism?"

Furthermore, isn't she a babe? So the word 'ugly' is inappropriate.

sagegrouse
'I am proud that no one on this thread was so low-class as to ask the obvious question, "Now where is Dr. Hansbrough?"'

FireOgilvie
12-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I have no problem with her getting a job at UNC. She is somewhat recently divorced and wants to move. She chose Chapel Hill. It's a nice place. UNC is the largest employer. She is qualified for the job. Big deal.

hudlow
12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey, it's Carolina - what do you expect?