PDA

View Full Version : The "New" button

CameronBornAndBred
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Just noticed the new "New" button on the posts that have been updated since last reading. It's ok I guess, but isn't it redundant? The posts that have been updated since your last read are in bold, those that are the same are left unchanged. Seems a like a bit of unneeded flash. Good to see the forums are modified time to time however.

Acymetric
12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Just noticed the new "New" button on the posts that have been updated since last reading. It's ok I guess, but isn't it redundant? The posts that have been updated since your last read are in bold, those that are the same are left unchanged. Seems a like a bit of unneeded flash. Good to see the forums are modified time to time however.

I think part of it may be to point out that there is a button to take you to the newest unread post. The arrow might not have been clear enough for some people, especially the less computer literate members. Thats just a guess on my part, could be something else too I s'pose.

CameronBornAndBred
12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I think part of it may be to point out that there is a button to take you to the newest unread post. The arrow might not have been clear enough for some people, especially the less computer literate members. Thats just a guess on my part, could be something else too I s'pose.
You're right, that's actually pretty cool. I hadn't thought about it when I pressed it.

hughgs
12-22-2008, 01:31 PM

Also, non-highlighting of previously visited posts can be controlled by the user. Not sure why someone would do that, but it's probably not safe to assume otherwise.

gep
12-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Another thing about the new "new" button. It's much bigger than the old "down arrow" button... and much easier for us old geezers to click on...:D