PDA

View Full Version : ACC Roundup 12/22

gw67
12-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Our local station picked up the Clemson – Miami game part way through the first half last night. Except for two interruptions, I watched the remainder of the game. The Tigers looked in mid-season form. They shared the ball, shot well (including free throws) and played tough defense. As noted by DBR, they have a solid group of starters and their bench provided points, rebounds and defense. This was a terrific win on the road against one of the better teams in the ACC and may signify that the Tigers are becoming a top team. They are in the top ten of RPI and Sagarin and I expect them to rise in the polls.

Miami does not look like the team that finished last season. At that time, Hurdle, Dews and Asbury were playing very well at both ends of the floor. This year, all three have been very inconsistent. If they don’t improve, I can see Miami joining Virginia Tech, Florida State and Maryland as possible bubble teams.

The ACC has an OOC record of 103-21 and is rated the top conference by both RPI and Sagarin. There are 20 games involving conference teams between now and the end of the year, including the second league game, Virginia @ Georgia Tech. Regarding the OOC games, ACC teams should be clear favorites in 14 of these games. The only games that appear to be competitive are below. I would expect 2-3 losses in these games.

Marquette @ N.C.State
Georgia Tech @ USC
Miami @ St. Johns
Western Kentucky @ Florida State
Clemson @ South Carolina

gw67