PDA

View Full Version : Spanarkel and Gminski doing Purdue/Davidson

BD80
12-20-2008, 05:00 PM
The game on CBS isn't much of a contest, but the banter has been pretty good. Spanarkle brought up Joe Barry Carroll and Jack Givens, who lit up GMan.

roywhite
12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
The game on CBS isn't much of a contest, but the banter has been pretty good. Spanarkle brought up Joe Barry Carroll and Jack Givens, who lit up GMan.

Yeah, caught some of the commentary, but got switched to a more competitive UCon/Gonzaga game.

Spanarkel was razzing G-man for not picking up a dinner check...said he'd never seen a 6'11" guy with shorter arms...lol.

For those of us who go back a ways, Scheyer's good, smart all-around game is very reminiscent of Spanarkel's play.

mgtr
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Watched a good bit of the UConn/Gonzaga game. The Zags should have won in regulation, but props to UConn for great defense. I thought the announcing team was excellent. They talked about the game, only the game, and the game all the time. Seemed to know what they were talking about.

jv001
12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, caught some of the commentary, but got switched to a more competitive UCon/Gonzaga game.

Spanarkel was razzing G-man for not picking up a dinner check...said he'd never seen a 6'11" guy with shorter arms...lol.

For those of us who go back a ways, Scheyer's good, smart all-around game is very reminiscent of Spanarkel's play.
That's a good comparison but Jon is faster with better hops. However Jim was one of our best players and like Jon seemed to be everywhere. Go Duke!

jimsumner
12-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Can we please change the thread title so that Jim Spanarkel's name is spelled correctly.

ugadevil
12-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Watched a good bit of the UConn/Gonzaga game. The Zags should have won in regulation, but props to UConn for great defense. I thought the announcing team was excellent. They talked about the game, only the game, and the game all the time. Seemed to know what they were talking about.

I think that was Gus Johnson and Greg Anthony. It's weird hearing Anthony covering college games for CBS because I guess I was getting used to him on the NBA coverage with Tim Legler. Gus Johnson is funny to listen to in close games. I don't mind it at all, but it's like he becomes as much of a fan as a play-by-play announcer. I love the enthusiasm!

mgtr
12-21-2008, 07:38 AM
You are right about Johnson and Anthony, I saw their names at halftime, but forgot. They did a great job.

Lavabe
12-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Can we please change the thread title so that Jim Spanarkel's name is spelled correctly.

J-I-M-M-Y is how it's spelled by my wife.:o

topps coach
12-22-2008, 05:01 AM
I love Jon but he is no Spanarkal. Number 34 should be retired

Lavabe
12-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I love Jon but he is no Spanarkal. Number 34 should be retired

Okay jim, maybe Jim/Jimmy Spanarkel ought to be added to the spelling sticky.:o

And yes, he ought to have his number retired.:)