PDA

View Full Version : ACC Bowl Games

Acymetric
12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow, Wake forest representing the ACC well so far...

As a side note, mods: should this be renamed something like "ACC Bowl Games" and used for all the games rather than having a bunch of separate bowl threads? Might not be a bad idea, I know we hate clutter.

Anyways, I really thought Wake Forest would win this game. I guess they can still, but I haven't seen any sign of life from Wake Forest yet. Not a good way to kick off the bowl season.

Acymetric
12-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Looks like I'll have to eat my words, Wake ended up pulling it out, with a nice TD run in the last minute. Good to see the ACC start out 1-0.

Ben63
12-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I was actually rooting for Navy, one of my best friends is going to go there this fall, but I was quite impressed by Wake's resiliency. Navy needed TD's and not FG's in the 1st half, and it came back to bite them in the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. in the 2nd half. Great game to watch, very entertaining IMO.

Olympic Fan
12-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Good start to a big bowl season for the ACC. Congrats to Wake -- even if it didn't help our RPI since we played both teams in the Eagle Bank Bowl :-)

Did anybody else see the ESPN bowl preview special last week?

They picked the outcome of all 34 bowl games. They projected the ACC to go 9-1 in bowls -- the only loss being Miami's game at California (actually, the Emerald Bowl in is San Francisco, but that's as much a home game for Cal as Charlotte is for UNC).

Interesting that the one ACC team having a lot of pre-bowl problems is Miami. QB Robert Marve is out of the game (although I like freshman Jacoby Harris better). Plus, I saw that three TEs have been suspended for the game.

So count Miami as an underdog ... amazing that everybody else from the ACC is favored to win.