PDA

View Full Version : Duke inside access quality - gender issue

CameronBornAndBred
12-16-2008, 09:50 PM
The quality for the women's basketball game online broadcast is absolutely horrible. They should pay us to listen to what they broadcast, it is literally painful on the ear. The announcers do a great job, but it sounds like they are being squeezed through a tin can filtered through static. I don't see how GoDuke.com can seriously consider this product as worthy for being paid for. I don't live close enough to Durham to hear the radio broadcast, but when I was there they weren't bad. They were less quality than the men's, but this is just sad. Anyone have any info on why there is such a disparity? The athletic department has to be aware, if not they should be.

msdukie
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
The quality for the women's basketball game online broadcast is absolutely horrible. They should pay us to listen to what they broadcast, it is literally painful on the ear. The announcers do a great job, but it sounds like they are being squeezed through a tin can filtered through static. I don't see how GoDuke.com can seriously consider this product as worthy for being paid for. I don't live close enough to Durham to hear the radio broadcast, but when I was there they weren't bad. They were less quality than the men's, but this is just sad. Anyone have any info on why there is such a disparity? The athletic department has to be aware, if not they should be.

It's been like this for years. It might be because there is no full Network for women's basketball and they are just pulling off 620 WDNC's feed instead of the original Network feed used for the men. Of course, this doesn't explain why the same women's audio is crystal clear when watching games on ACCSelect.